Doune The Rabbit Hole

by craig on July 4, 2014 12:56 pm in Uncategorized

I shall again be running the bar – the Whistleblower’s Arms - at the Doune the Rabbit Hole Festival from 22 to 24 August at Cardross, Port of Menteith.

I find this festival, which is very much a lifestyle event and features mostly new talent, an extremely life-affirming experience. Last year it brought me back from a very dark place. Some of this blogs most active commenters and helpers have been among the volunteers over the last couple of years, keeping the event going. Personally for me the festival is necessarily centred around Williams Bros and Thistly Cross, but there is a tremendous variety of music:

Doune-poster-updated-16th-june-01-1-2

The event is very family friendly, and also an amazing place to meet new friends. It does not have any specific political orientation, but I might fairly say that the vibe is very much in line with the kind of unconstrained intellectual space promoted on this blog. On top of which Cardross is an extraordinarily beautiful place. The variety of local food on site, ranging from vegan to game, is one of the things I really enjoyed. It is a not for profit event and nobody gets a salary.

Tickets are not expensive by festival standards, and certainly cheaper than a weekend break in a hotel. But there is also the alternative of working your passage – the festival still needs plenty of volunteers.

I am genuinely looking forward to it enormously. Hope to see you there.

1. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 2:36 pm

Clark

“Habbabkuk, 8 Jul, 7:19 pm:

“The man [Brian Haw] was a demented, obsessive leech”

Please explain why you think these three things.”
    ____________________

Oh, having been inspired by the splendid example offered by sundry Excellences on this blog over the years, I just thought it would be interesting to experience what it feels like to sling a little mud around at a public figure.

And I must admit it felt quite pleasant and I’m beginning to understand why the Eminences do it all the time.

Good enough for you, Clark? :)

2. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 2:39 pm

California Ben

“comprehensive” and “sparing so far” – simultaneously?

Have you been bogarting that joint again?

3. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 2:41 pm

Whoops! Top of the page again!

Sorry, Mary, I didn’t mean to, honest!

But feel free to comment! :)

4. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

9 Jul, 2014 - 2:44 pm

5. Incontinent again I see.

Not chastened in any way about the comment on Brian Haw. Vile.

6. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

9 Jul, 2014 - 2:53 pm

Tweedledum and Tweedledee are mirror images of one another, reintroducing the theme of inversion. With the exception of their names, the two little fat men are identical in looks, manner, and stance. They exhibit perfect symmetry, standing together with their arms around each other, so that when they extend their free hands they each reflect the other’s body position. Their conversation also displays a symmetrical position designated by Tweedledee’s favorite expression, “contrariwise.” “Contrariwise” functions as a transitional word that flips the premise of the conversation. Tweedledee usually addresses the other side of whatever Tweedledum just said.

7. Believe what you like Kempe.

It was practising low flying manoeuvres. Some say it had been firing live rounds at sea at targets.

Carrying live ammunition. Some probably DU tipped hence the sealing off and the scare stuff with Norfolk plods in attendance.

‘Pave-Hawk helicopters are used by the US military for special operations in war zones. They are not heavily armed but are equipped with rapid fire machine guns and are used in special operations.’

Sounds just like one of those Air Sea Rescue helicopters that Prince Will I Am has been flying doesn’t it?

He has landed a P/T job (hence depriving another of the job) as an Air Ambulance pilot. Such caring people our royals. They would never think of becoming arms salesmen or piloting a helicopter gunship in Afghanistan to hunt down the people and kill them.

8. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

9 Jul, 2014 - 3:13 pm

““I was a very conservative, Reagan-loving Republican,” said one of the targets, Faisal Gill. “If somebody like me could be surveilled, then [there are] other people out there I can only imagine who are under surveillance.”

“I went to school here as a fourth grader – learned about the Revolutionary War, learned about individual rights, Thomas Jefferson, all these things,” he told The Intercept. “That is ingrained in you – your privacy is important. And to have that basically invaded for no reason whatsoever – for the fact that I didn’t do anything – I think that’s troubling. And I think that certainly goes to show how we need to shape policy differently than it is right now.”

CAIR’s Nihad Awad used stronger language to describe his feelings about being targeted and spoke specifically about how the Muslim community has been treated in the U.S. in recent years.

“I’m outraged as an American citizen that my government, after decades of civil rights struggle, still spies on political activists and civil right activists and leaders,” he said. “I’m really angry that despite all the work that we have been doing in our communities to serve the nation, we are treated with suspicion.”

9. Thanks Ben for the link from Indymedia Ireland. It is an excellent site run by Miriam Cotton from memory. Mountbatten was notorious.

I have been listening to this speech Gerry Conlon (one of the Guildford Four) made in November last year. It was on the same site.

It is the most passionate and moving speech I have ever heard. It moved me to tears. He speaks without notes and has amazing recall for the facts and the names. Michael Havers’ name comes up incidentally.

He died earlier this year sadly. His body was broken but his spirit was not

RIP Gerry Conlon. We are very sorry for what was done to you and are ashamed. You will not be forgotten for your search for truth and justice. The latter was denied to you of course. Quite wicked.

10. Ba'al Zevul (With Gaza)

9 Jul, 2014 - 3:41 pm

43 and counting (source, RTE)

Video of the response from the Office of the Quartet Representative:

…and with music…

11. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

9 Jul, 2014 - 3:41 pm

Mary; I knew about his preference but didn’t know he was a pedo. When he was killed by the IRA, I thought it was symbolic of something else, but Kincora, Ireland comes into play

12. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 3:52 pm

“Incontinent again I see.”
    ______________

Because of my three posts in a row, Mary?

And who was it who posted at 14h49, 14h58 and 15h29 – three times within 40 minutes?

Why, I do believe it was……you!

Incontinent?

13. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 3:56 pm

“Prince Will I Am has been flying doesn’t it?

He has landed a P/T job (hence depriving another of the job) as an Air Ambulance pilot.”
    _______________________

Incontinence – another of Mary’s pissy but above all, silly comments.

When a Royal does a useful job, Mary sneers that he’s taking away someone else’s job.

When a Royal does nothing, Mary accuses him of being a parasite.

You really have no self-awareness at all, do you, Mary.

14. “Official documents recording flights in and out of Diego Garcia, the British Indian Ocean Territory where the United States is accused of carrying out ‘extraordinary rendition’ of terror suspects, have been destroyed by water damage.”

(and if you believe that you’ll believe anything)

link tweeted by Clive Stafford Smith who remarks, “Dog ate my homework excuse (again)”

15. The mass killing war criminals that call themselves the Israeli Government are as predictable as they are obscene, expect the most intensive phase of the current killing spree to be during the weekend, as the World’s attention will be diverted by the climax of the World Cup, just like the World’s attention was diverted at the start of Cast Lead by the inauguration of Obama.

16. Brian Haw was a great man, like a modern Stylite; he had guts, integrity, passion, moral purity and humanity. I’m grateful to him for the stand that he took, and for so visibly articulating our moral outrage right under the noses of the warmongers. RIP matey.

17. “Official documents…have been destroyed by water damage”

“and if you believe that you’ll believe anything”

18. “There’s a good chance the statement is wholly accurate. If you chucked a load of documents into the sea they’d suffer water damage and be destroyed.”

:D

I take the point

19. Macky Cast Lead (that horror) ‘ended’ on January 18th. Obomber became the president on January 20th. Remember all that ‘hope and change’ nonsense? It’s all got worse.

20. “In the approximately nine hours since this post was originally published, the casualty count in Gaza has reached forty Palestinians killed since Tuesday morning. Al-Akhbar English has published a list provided by the health ministry in Gaza with the names of the victims.

“Among those killed, thirteen were aged sixteen or younger. The youngest victim, eighteen-month-old Mohammed Malakiyeh, was killed along with his 27-year-old mother. The oldest victim, eighty-year-old Naifeh Farjallah, was killed in an air strike on the town of Moghraqa, southwest of Gaza City,” Al-Akhbar reports.”

21. MJ & Dreoilin

Ha ha yes, and if you accidentally threw a load of compromising documents on the fire, they would sustain fire damage, right?

22. Mary; “Obomber became the president on January 20th”

I distinctly remember the World’s attention being focus on something happening in the US iro Obama, and many people remarked at the time how this wasn’t the first time the Israelis had lunched a mass murder spree while the something major was just occurring elsewhere.

23. ‘Because of my three posts in a row, Mary?’ Habbakuk.

No actually six posts within a half hour from 2.12pm but of no matter. None of them are of interest nor contain anything useful to the community here.

24. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 6:08 pm

Mary

“None of them are of interest nor contain anything useful to the community here.”
    ___________________

The first part of the above is merely your opinion (although perhaps shared by some of your fellow Eminences) and as for the second part, I feel that occasionally questioning and highlighting foolishness is, actually, quite useful (althiugh an arduous undertaking given the people who post here).

Medical question to you : is it your opinion that all commenters who post a lot are incontinent? What does your GP say?

25. nevermind, viva beautiful football

9 Jul, 2014 - 6:15 pm

You are piece of shit habbakuk. Brian Haw had more stature in his little finger than you creep could ever wish for or achieve.

Bad mouthing principled people will not get you anywhere chum. Gald to see all your posts here, you must be eager to swing your sorry arse to the DTRH fair.

26. Perhaps I was abstracted Macky. There were so many demos, marches and protests at the time and someone I know was caught up in it but thankfully got home alive unlike the 1,400 Palestinians who were killed.

Can you imagine if roles were reversed and the Palestinians killed that number of Israelis?

The conflict resulted in between 1,166 and 1,417 Palestinian and 13 Israeli deaths (4 from friendly fire)

Total killed: 1,417 (PCHR)
    Total wounded: 5,303
    Total captured: 120

27. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

9 Jul, 2014 - 7:47 pm

NebelMind

“Just show yourselfs up and you’ll get an extra treat for being a coward and a shit.”
    ____________________

Good old Ingo, in threatening mode once again.

Get your jackboots on and your rubber truncheon polished, you Teutonic twit.

28. How did the current Vicount Verulam (and the 5 before him) end up with a title originally that of Sir Francis Bacon?

29. “How did the current Vicount Verulam (and the 5 before him) end up with a title originally that of Sir Francis Bacon?”

Bacon was Baron Verulam, Viscount St Albans. Maybe not the same thing.

30. Dreoilin
    9 Jul, 2014 – 9:07 am

“Of course not. And he didn’t offer to meet me in London. That was Villager.”

Invitation happily renewed. It would be a pleasure to have a coffee and conversation with one of the more graceful commenters here.

Not being judgmental about my other fellow humans here. There is always the capacity of a meeting ground with another, provided they are not drunk on power or alcohol. Sadly of for the most part what we see is more conflict and divisiveness. This is a fact of the present state of human consciousness and as the trend of CM’s posts show, it is set to get worse before, if at all, they get better.

Life is beautiful but insecurity and violence, in all its forms, is everywhere.

So:

” This beauty walks on hard nails
    Sanity walks on a razor’s edge
    But its truth alone that matters
    Sitting pretty on this lethal ledge”

(Copyright © 2014)

31. @Mary, I think you might have been distracted when you wrote you were abstracted when you were in fact distracted ! :)

I jest, but with the mass murder going on in Gaza right now, I feel very disconsolate; in fact I’m in no mood to tolerate the resident vile apologists for the Israeli mass murderers, they make me feel unclean to even address them, so time for another time-out for me.

You Mary, fortunately are made of sterner stuff, and you are the one that word “tenacious” applies to best :)

32. Mackey.

“I feel very disconsolate; in fact I’m in no mood to tolerate the resident vile apologists for the Israeli mass murderers, they make me feel unclean to even address them, so time for another time-out for me.”

I missed your posts and I’m sad it seems I’m going to miss them again.

Of course anyone who comes across Dad’s droppings soon feels unclean. The man swims around in a sewage lagoon of his own making. He only hoses these comment strands with filth because all too often they expose the indefensible obscenities perpetrated by his masters. I regard his insults as an indication that the conversation is on the right track.

I’d love you to consider taking a Habbabreak so you can continue adding to insightful conversations that fluorish here despite the wreckers.

Whatever you decide I wish you well and hope you return soon.

33. ------------·´`·.¸¸.¸¸.··.¸¸Node

10 Jul, 2014 - 1:50 am

Macky

I second what Sophia said, but with an added suggestion – just ignore him, it’s what he hates most!

34. Who wrote the odd ode? Krishnamurti? It’s like a bad dream revisited seeing the name of that poster crop up. Been lurking obviously.

‘ The news regarding Krishnamurti and the World Teacher were not universally welcome by Theosophists and led to upheavals in the Society; Lutyens (1983a), pp. 15–19, 40, 56. Part of the controversy was Leadbeater’s role. He had a history of being in the company of young boys–pupils under his spiritual and Theosophical instruction–and there was gossip concerning child abuse, although no accusations were ever proven.’

Sounds like we should be on the Elm Guest House thread!

35. Ba'al Zevul (With Gaza)

10 Jul, 2014 - 8:47 am

When you have paid sufficient money and compliments to the party in power, you are asked what you want to be called after your visit to Buckingham Palace. Your new style refers, preferably, to a place you are associated with or have some particular interest in. For instance, if Tony ever becomes eligible for a peerage – which will involve a lot more financial transparency on his part – he might style himself Lord Blair of Tel Aviv.

The Earldom of Verulam incorporates the title Viscount Grimston and technically there is no such thing as the Viscount Verulam per se.

36. Ba'al Zevul (With Gaza)

10 Jul, 2014 - 8:50 am

Bacon was the First Earl St. Alban, not Verulam. The Verulam title was created separately, and later. Possibly it was shosen because St. Alban was already taken.

37. Don’t you dare go Macky! ;)

38. “.. I might fairly say that the vibe is very much in line with the kind of unconstrained intellectual space promoted on this blog.”

Hah! Ignoring the periodic crackdowns and purges of unwelcome dissent, however benign. Sometimes I wonder if Craig knows how this blog is moderated after the first page.

39. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

10 Jul, 2014 - 5:56 pm

Another gem from Macky, perhaps set into the OBN:

“You Mary, fortunately are made of sterner stuff,..”

________________

as evidenced by her reaction at the merest hint of criticism from Dreoilin, Baal,…etc. LOL.

(But I agree with the “tenacious” bit, in the same way that a donkey is tenacious)

And now Macky, my friend, bugger off the Squonk again with your “discosolate” self!

40. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

10 Jul, 2014 - 6:22 pm

Node

“just ignore him, it’s what he hates most!”
    ___________________

On the contrary, dear boy – in the vast majority if cases I see it as evidence that Eminences and Useful Idiots are lost for an answer or are unwilling to admit that they have posted nonsense, distortions or untruths.

Furthermore, the important point is that uncommitted visitors (as opposed to the twenty or so diehard “commenters”) see what I have to say; if they also notice the absence of replies or reactions, well, that’s a bonus as far as I’m concerned. Sorry!

41. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

10 Jul, 2014 - 6:31 pm

And from the Celtic Poetaster, in somewhat purple prose:

“He only hoses these comment strands with filth because all too often they expose the indefensible obscenities perpetrated by his masters.”
    _______________________

Well, the threads, don’t really “expose” very much, given that most comments are mere cut-and-pastes from other blogs and sources, including the MSM, and most of the rest expose no more than the commenters’ own pychological dis-ease (to be kind).

************************

42. The troll’s contributions at the end of this thread and the following two threads are all predictable, formulaic and tedious.

43. Well I suppose that I qualify as a “Visitor” if not exactly an uncommitted one. As to what you have to say-it is largely mainstream conventionalist bollox mixed with Ad Hominem. To be kind,I guess it impresses casual visitors as little as it has impressed me. Sorry!

44. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

10 Jul, 2014 - 7:33 pm

“The troll’s contributions at the end of this thread and the following two threads are all predictable, formulaic and tedious.”
    __________________________

As are the Bitch’s ever more frantic cut-and-pastes about Gaza.

**********************

Habbabkuk says : get the terrorist before he gets you: you know it’s the right thing to do.

45. My posts obviously constitute a threat to the troll. Too strong for him to counter and because of my support for the Palestinians, the reason why I have been targeted and insulted by him for nearly three years, come November.

In other words consider it a badge of honour for me.

Free Palestine! From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!

46. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

11 Jul, 2014 - 12:23 am

Mary

“My posts obviously constitute a threat to the troll. Too strong for him to counter”

_____________________

Dream on, Mary. Your sense of entitlement and lack of self-awareness never ceases to amaze me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~==

“From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!”

_____________________

Is that your pastiche of the old “throw the Jews into the sea”?

******************

Question à propos of nothing in particular : do posters on Stormfront have a little shrine dedicated to A.H. in a corner of their homes?

47. It is evident that there is so little love in the hearts of the trolls.

If this blog survives to be read by the next generation, whatever will they think of the posts of Habbakuk and the others trolls here. The trolls should think on and moderate their outpourings of hate, lies and distortions.

48. nevermind, viva beautiful football

12 Jul, 2014 - 9:00 pm

I don’t need truncheons or any implements to floor your sorry arse, you poor little academic.
    As for calling me by my name, which is very much known anyway, good on you to recognise what you are dealing with, scum, I have nothing to hide unlike you, appearing here under some bumsucking moniker spreading your bile and narrow minded ideas in support of the zionist Nazi’s that have diverted Britains foreing policy.

You could be a traitor, but you ain’t got class, a pennyfogger and purile ccyberstalker. At least the Cambridge lot were drinking alcoholics, but you?…….

49. Thanks MJ