Reply To: Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen Reply To: Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen

mods-cm-org

Hi RandomComment. Your feedback is welcome, and you make a valid point that it may be better to expose and condemn bigotry than to suppress it. However, I should reiterate that you have not been threatened with a ban. Let me draw your attention to some important parts of the foregoing moderation messages:

Please note that ‘RandomComment’ was not slapped down, moderated or criticized. RC did not express explicit support for either Marine Le Pen or Geert Wilders …

The moderation reminder was posted to warn other commenters …

To clarify, there is no ban on discussing right-wing European politics nor the policies of Marine Le Pen. However, there is a ban on supporting, advocating or sympathising with fascist policies …

You may disagree, and you are welcome to say so here.

If you disagree, you are welcome to voice your dissent in this forum – as long as you remain within those rhetorical boundaries.

Given that you weren’t “slapped down, moderated or criticized” for what you said earlier (it was actually a warning for “other commenters”), and that you’ve now clarified “Anyways, fascism, in all its forms, is abhorrent to me”, there is therefore no basis for assuming that you’re in line for a ban. Clearly the take-away message is that comments in support of Marine Le Pen or other overt fascists are not welcome here. So as you’re not planning to make any, the question of self-censorship or banning does not arise.

Regarding the “hitlist” of proscribed fascists, the only ones mentioned so far are Marine Le Pen (who leads a fascist party) and Geert Wilders (who formally collaborated with her in the European Parliament and was convicted for hate speech). That should be enough to establish the general template.

I hope that provides some reassurance.

Regards,
Mod.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by modbot.