Reply To: New report released: WTC 7 was not destroyed by fire on 9/11/2001

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum New report released: WTC 7 was not destroyed by fire on 9/11/2001 Reply To: New report released: WTC 7 was not destroyed by fire on 9/11/2001

Node

“And Node, when I was out on the streets with XR courting arrest by performing civil disobedience, you took the piss. Can you assure me you’ll be joining me, if the need arises to win back our civil liberties?”

What? Would I further the ambitions of a bunch of shady billionaires by joining a bunch of dupes dancing round a pink inflatable octopus to achieve nothing worthwhile? No, thank you.

You understand nothing, Clark, about the world or me. I spent last night 3D-printing and assembling face shields because people like you have so terrified my neighbours that they’re afraid to visit and care for old folk who need it. I do 2-3 hours unpaid work every day, year in year out, for the community I live in. I can see the fruits of my labour, my friends and neighbours benefit, I earn respect, and hopefully the strong community I’m helping to build will support me when I need it. Real, everyday practical help.

You go to an XR meeting once a month, memorise the latest buzzwords, and think that makes you morally superior. It doesn’t. It makes you a smug supercillious twat.

[ Mod: A reminder from the moderation rules for commenters:

Fair Play
Play the ball, not the man. Address arguments, not people. Do not impugn the motives of others, including me. No taunting.

Node, it is clear that you are resorting to smears by analogy and insulting people, contrary to blog etiquette – as well as evading counterevidence. Your replies will now require approval by moderators.

Regards. ]