Reply To: Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019

Home Forums Discussion Forum Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019 Reply To: Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019

SA

I am sorry that we disagree on this one too. Of course I agree that Covid-19 is going to be a great problem, cause more death and suffering in the third world where medical resources are limited. But my main point is that it is part of the problem, and not only during the covid-19 crisis, but for a long time, that the activities of the west have been directed at creating conflicts and not trying to help developing countries. The Syrian war is something I avidly followed because it was clear at the outset that it was an engineered uprising, even though the initial grievances were genuine, but it was highjacked by extremist jihadis and there is considerable evidence that they were supported by the west and through such repressive regimes as that of Saudi Arabia. Something similar is still ongoing in Yemen with much less heart wringing, even though we know our government not only supplies weapons but also support and intelligence to that regime. In my previous post I stresses that it is important for those presenting humanitarian aid in such situations of conflict should remain non-partisan otherwise they blur their own message. Mourning the sufferings of those in a conflict zone, whilst supporting no fly zones, and advocating the removal of the legitimate head of a government, does not belong to humanitarian intervention but could be construed instead as hypocrisy. That is my point and exactly this, that it is David Nott who has done his own cause a great injustice by penning that article and allowed himself to be seen as a champion for regime change in Syria. That to me is very black and white.