Reply To: SARSCoV2 “outbreak” on isle of Barra in Scotland

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum SARSCoV2 “outbreak” on isle of Barra in Scotland Reply To: SARSCoV2 “outbreak” on isle of Barra in Scotland

ET

“Lockdowns aren’t effective against respiratory viruses either as they are microscopic and can be carried in the air and will eventually pass through the population.”

Any virus whose route of transmission includes the airborne route indeed does travel in the air but only to a certain extent. The bloke coughing his lungs up down the pub may well infect you in the enclosed space and indeed the virus may hang about suspended in the air for a while and move about in the air currents. The bloke 100 yards from you in the park coughing his lungs out is unlikely to infect you. A virus must have a host hence the lockdowns are designed to prevent transmission by limiting the chances you are in an enclosed space with someone who is infected. Viruses don’t Hang about indefinitely.

“And even if you avoid one, another one will soon be along to get you.”

Yeah, perhaps but hopefully it will have a lower mortality rate.

“When the mortality rate is so low………”

So low as to be equivalent to the leading cause of death (it is actually higher if you go to 3rd decimal place) and higher than any of the other leading causes of death? You are doing exactly the same thing you accuse the “covid propagandists” of doing. Can I call it denialist propaganda? Look at the numbers Dave here. You are stating that we should just let Sars-Cov-2 alone and get on with our lives because by Dave’s Mortality Rate the risk is trivial. Tell me, do you equally think that we should suspend all effort on managing dementia and alzheimers disease because the risk is the same as Sars-Cov-2?

@Mods
Thanks for cleaning up my mess of a post. Sorry to have caused you that extra work.

@SA
I have my eyes wide open SA. Where I have the time I am still going to do my best to refute by argument what I see as wrong or manipulative. I may well tire of it eventually but I hope not. I may well get exasperated but I shall try not to be overwhelmed by that if it happens.

ps. Bloody hell, the reCAPTCHA is out to get me. Now I have to play an audio clip and type in the words I hear, LMAO. Is Craig’s site really under that much pressure or are you folks having fun fiddling?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by degmod.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by degmod.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by modbot.