Reply To: I’m leaving this site now because of a recent decision by mods (or one mod?)

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum I’m leaving this site now because of a recent decision by mods (or one mod?) Reply To: I’m leaving this site now because of a recent decision by mods (or one mod?)

Clark

ET, it also undermines rationalism generally and public understanding of science in particular. The attitude is that we’re “just bullies enforcing their belief system over everyone else’s”, obscuring that true scepticism’s nature is organised disbelief, re-framing scepticism as “opposition to the official narrative”.

Ironically, the attitudes from which this develops are promoted by the corporate media, AKA the “MSM” home of the “official narrative”, each time it presents “science” as incomprehensible, weird and repeatedly reversing, and “scientists” as authority figures in white coats surrounded by incomprehensible equipment. The corporate media’s attitude fundamentally alienates and confuses the general public about science.