Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

Home Forums Discussion Forum List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

ET

@ N_
I get the brand management bit and the jingoism, really I do. I am irish and the irish are very sensitive to that from UK (though not so sensitive to their own jingoism). To a large extent I agree with you on that point. The UK is not the only culprit in that. “Guaranteed Irish” (now long gone thanks to EU), ‘vorsprung durch technik,’ “made in USA,” “mis en bouteille au chateau”, thay all come from the same place.

I am not using rhetorical techniques N_, I am stating what I have read. As far as I can discern what I have stated is true though Thailand has also now suspended AstroZenica vaccines. Here is what Stephen Donnelly, Irish health minister has to say. Temporary may evolve into permenant yet but for now it is temporary. The numbers reported so far are small and there are a host of other reasons why people may have had DVT’s or PE or haemorrhagic strokes. They are reports of reduced platelet counts which tend to cause haemorrhagic events rather than thrombotic events. (Reduced clotting tendency vs increased clotting tendency).
DVT’s and strokes are common events N_, long before covid or the (covid) vaccines were a thing. A fortune is spent on thromboprophylaxis in the UK (and all over the world’s health services) and I mean billions a year.