Home › Forums › Discussion Forum › Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else › Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else
so why do we think we need so much more electricity than we needed thirty years ago. Well, our population has increased but mainly we have so many gadgets, that we did not before.
- Mobile phones, have to be charged.
- Battery scooters have to be charged.
- Battery cycles have to be charged.
- Battery power tools have to be charged.
- Laptops have to be charged.
- Electric cars have to be charged.
Fifty years ago if you wanted a cup of tea, you would boil the kettle on your range or gas stove, now most people use an electric kettle, which is much less energy efficient. Electric tooth brushes, electric carving knives, curlers, t.v., radio, juke boxes, Karaoke boxes, x-boxes, P.C.s.
- Electric surveillance systems.
- Electric lifts, electric escalators, electric trains, electric trams C.D. players.
- Electric beds and armchairs.
Perhaps we should have less stuff?