Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Clark

“This socioeconomic view of Long Covid is rather frightening.”

This may help explain the current fuel shortages. There have always been a far greater proportion of people left with long-term damage from covid than there have been fatalities. It affects the nerves, and thus the brain, and this debilitates the working population, particularly the older and thus more senior, more experienced members. This is why I have always promoted social restrictions. Taking an example close to home, Boris Johnson always played the fool…

“Build back butter, build back batter, build back bitter.”

– Boris Johnson publicity clips.

… but there are some things that a Prime Minister simply should not say, eg:

“I’ve given you the most important metric which is, never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes, look at wage growth.”

– Boris Johnson on the BBC

I’m really not convinced that all of him came back from his encounter with covid.
– – – – – – – –

For decades our society has been obsessed with pushing death out of our awareness, individualism thriving on the pretence that we are immortal, pushing the old folk into “care homes” lest their presence remind us of our mortality. Covid brought a rude end to that, provoking in reaction an obsession with death statistics, which in turn blinded us to a far greater, more insidious danger.