Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

ET

“Then somebody invented convenience, from there most of our health has gone down hill, rapidly over the last forty years”

The last part of that statement is not actually true. Most health metrics have significantly improved over that time period from life expectancy to cancer survival rates to infant mortality, maternal mortality etc etc. Obesity however ain’t one of those improved metrics. There is nothing necessarily wrong with convenience in itself, that is why stuff like washing machines got invented. As a first year student, I used to have to hand wash my clothes which was a royal pain in the ass. I don’t miss that. As for product deliveries, I think I’ve said it before it is better to have one truck deliver 50 people’s product than 50 cars drive to get those same products. It is a bit anti-social admittedly.

When it comes to food though MN, I agree with you. If they are going to make it available then government has a duty to ensure it doesn’t affect health adversely. Remember all those spats about labelling food items? Most likely first in the USA someone will take to court the food manufacturers because of adverse health outcomes like they did the tobacco industry. The sooner the better. Personally, I mostly cook for myself from scratch.

Obesity is a problem and bariatric medicine has become a specialty in itself. Some of the health problems are problems of longevity that formerly people didn’t live long enough to get. I am surprised more people don’t actually cook for themselves more often, it’s a lot cheaper and you eat better tasting food.