Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Clark

Michael – “Then somebody invented convenience…”

A load of companies invented “convenience” – as a marketing ploy. Ingredients are just ingredients; you can get them from a street market, an allotment or your neighbours. But a supermarket meal requires factories, depots, refrigerated lorries, and – marketing departments. All things that only big companies can afford.

I can just imagine the headlines if reform of this were suggested – all those people who’d be out of work! Nothing to do with the adverts that fund the media, obviously 😀

ET – “I am surprised more people don’t actually cook for themselves more often…”

A lot of people don’t have much time and are completely knackered after work. Plus it’s hard to learn to cook from books or video, because judging when something is ‘done’ is a matter of smell. How many people have time to teach others to cook? In the industrialised world we’re losing all our traditional skills; abdicating them to the industrial system.
– – – – – – – –

It amazes me how self-reinforcing the system is. This is why I have considerable sympathy for conspiracy theorists and take the time to discuss with them – it seems so much like a conspiracy, like someone incredibly evil has planned all this out in advance, but it’s an emergent phenomenon.

Even NATO is late to the party with its “cognitive warfare”. The advertising and PR industries have been doing this for decades.