Reply To: Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union Reply To: Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union

ET

The Irish Times ran a piece today bigging up Ireland based on the 2021 IPSOS Global Trends Survey.

One of the questions highlighted was: “In my country, there is more and more conflict between people who don’t share the same values.” As we have been referring to “values” I wondered how IPSOS defines values. In their 2020 Global Trends Survey, downloadable here, on page 28-30 of that .pdf they go into more detail about what values they surveyed than they do in their 2021 blurb. I am not sure I agree all the specific things they refer to as values are actually values conceptually but it’s a starting place for discussion. Ireland was included in the survey for the first time ever this year so I guess that’s why the Irish Times is getting all excited.

“The Irish are the least likely of the 25 countries surveyed to feel that we have too many immigrants in our country, or to hold the belief that there is more and more conflict on our island between people who don’t share the same values.”

Go us 😀