Identifying the layer of a nested comment.

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Identifying the layer of a nested comment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Node

The present blog layout is better than the old in some respects and worse in others, but on the whole, I prefer it.

My biggest problem with the new layout is following the structure of a multi-layered thread. Once the thread is 3 or more layers deep and the original comment is no longer onscreen, the only way to identify which comment is being responded too is by judging the size of the left-hand margin. The longer and more multilayered the thread, the more difficult the task. It’s almost a relief once all the layers have been ‘used up’ and there is no reply button.

I don’t suppose there’s an option in the layout which would add some sort of ‘depth indicator to a nested comment? For example a number of vertical bars in the left margin corresponding to the layer depth.

Squonk

There’s no direct support for this in WordPress or the theme theme sadly. Let me have a think about it though. If you can find a WordPress site that does what you want post a link here.

Node

Something like this?
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/gregs-threaded-comment-numbering/

OK, it’s 3/5 stars but it shows there’s a desire for this sort of thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Identifying the layer of a nested comment.’ is closed to new replies.