Julian Assange back in court

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Julian Assange back in court

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Clark

I’ve found some live coverage here:

In Craig’s absence, please add further links and coverage.

#75540 Reply
    Clark

Lord Justice Holyrode rules in favor of United States, granting leave to appeal on grounds c and d, re psychiatric evidence.

#Assange High Court full appeal to be heard on October 27 and 28.

#75567 Reply
    michael norton

The Information Age
    Information/knowledge is power
    Power to the People

Just phrases
    However something is going on.
    That something is the stopping of knowledge to the masses.

#75578 Reply
    Clark

Michael (09:14), I agree, and this is part of the reason that people are increasingly turning to conspiracy theory, as I argue in two comments beginning here.

Secrecy pervades our societies. Governments routinely abuse national security secrecy to hide institutional criminality, but the private sector is even worse, with employees (and others) routinely bound by NDAs – civil law Non-Disclosure Agreement clauses in their employment contracts.

Knowledge empowers. Secrecy kills. Free Craig Murray. FREE ASSANGE!

#75603 Reply
    michael norton

Clark, yesterday I was out walking with a very intelligent friend. I told him I did not believe a word of the novichok stuff, he believes it all. I gave him example, after example, after example of the inconsistencies, such as the chief nursing officer of the British Army being the first person on the scene. That the Chief of army nursing got her teenage daughter to do the initial checks on the Skripal people. That these events happened within walking distance dstl level four laboratory. He thinks it is all true.

But I suppose he would not believe the moon is made of cheese or there is a second world war aircraft on the moon or that there is a statue of Elvis on the moon or that the Chinese have a secret base on the Dark Side of the Moon but some believe this shit.

#75767 Reply
    Clark

Michael, your intelligent friend with too much faith in the media – get him a copy of the book Bad Science by Ben Goldacre. Read it yourself before passing it on to him – it’s hugely entertaining.

People think of it as a book about alternative medicine, but really it’s about the complete idiocy of supposedly factual media. The chapters’ subjects range across the education authorities, the cosmetics industry, homeopathy, the “war on drugs”, the pharmaceutical companies, the superbug and MMR scares, but every chapter keeps coming back to the way the ‘news’ media cover these issues.

#76058 Reply
    michael norton

Clark
    Mrs. Merkel is in Russia and has told Putin that Navalny should be released.
    https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210820-merkel-urges-russia-dialogue-despite-deep-differences-on-farewell-kremlin-visit
    Mrs.Merkel claims Navalny was poisoned by Russia with Novichok, yet he is still alive? Novichok seems next to useless at killing people. Out of the six people who it is claimed were poisoned by Russia with Novichok, five are supposedly still alive. Yet, it was claimed in the British press that Novichok was the most deadly of nerve agents.

I am sorry, I do not think anybody has been poisoned by Russia with Novichok.

#78363 Reply
    josh R

pretty damning & extensive report,
    but very curious it’s come to light, & through the channels that it has….. not that I’m complaining 🙂

Kidnapping, assassination and a London shoot-out: Inside the CIA’s secret war plans against WikiLeaks

Multiple US Officials Expose CIA Plan to Kidnap or Assassinate Julian Assange

https://news.yahoo.com/kidnapping-assassination-and-a-london-shoot-out-inside-the-ci-as-secret-war-plans-against-wiki-leaks-090057786.html

Is this perhaps the US regime giving up on it’s vendetta against Julian?

#78367 Reply
    michael norton

There is a slight possibility that the British State have kept Julian Assange in prison to stop him being rendered by the Americans.

#78390 Reply
    Clark

Josh R – “Is this perhaps the US regime giving up on it’s vendetta against Julian?”

Though I hope so, I doubt it. Although some officials may now be speaking out due to troubled conscience, the coverage seems another propaganda operation to make Democrat administrations appear more benign than the Trump bunch, whom the ‘Liberal’ branch of the corporate media unanimously depict as uniquely evil. Also a misleading impression is given that the UK authorities are somehow independent of the US. I note that background crucial for understanding is left unmentioned, eg:

(1) Wikileaks knew of the Grand Jury against Assange before he ever took refuge in the Ecuadorian Embassy,

(2) Assange always attempted to cooperate with the Swedish investigation, but would not submit to custody and extradition to Sweden because of said Grand Jury and the likelihood of onward extradition to the USA,

(3) the English Crown Prosecution Service, headed at that time by Kier Starmer no less, pressured the Swedish authorities to maintain their investigation thus keeping Assange pinned down, and illegally deleted some of their own e-mail communications with the Swedish authorities thus thwarting requests under the Freedom Of Information Act. The UK authorities have been every bit as anti-Wikileaks as the US.

(4) Wikileaks suffered theft of computers at the time of Assange leaving Sweden, and one of the Swedish accusers had worked with groups in South America supported by the CIA, so it seems likely that there was CIA involvement from the start, not merely from Vault 7 onwards.

(5) The Obama administration was and remains the most hostile administration to whistleblowers in US history, though probably only because less people blew any whistles while Trump occupied the White House. And that is probably because actions against Assange were successful in intimidating potential whistleblowers.

Michael Norton – “There is a slight possibility that the British State have kept Julian Assange in prison to stop him being rendered by the Americans.”

Given UK servility to the US in general and the overall convergence of interests of the two states, I’d call it vanishingly slight.

#78396 Reply
    michael norton

AUKUS
    Three of the countries involved in holding Julian Assange are now engaged in AUKUS, very serious strategic stuff.
    It is not just Nuclear Subs.
    It is Fives Eyes, it is A.I. and Cyber Warfare.

#78423 Reply
    michael norton

U.S.A. – who want Julian
    Australia – he is from there but they have not lifted a finger to help Julian
    U.K. – where he is held in prison

all 3 part of Five Eyes and now all part of AUKUS

#78549 Reply
    Clark

“all 3 part of Five Eyes and now all part of AUKUS”

Maybe the other two members of Five Eyes, Canada and New Zealand, will leave Five Eyes and ally instead with Europe. The governments of AUKUS seem regressive, breaking international laws and even their own laws.

#78833 Reply
    michael norton

What seems to have happened/be happening, is that three members of the pact, AUKUS, have collaborated to catch and secret Julian Assange.
    They have silenced him.
    He cannot speak about Brexit, pandemic, increased in Natural gas, the development of AUKUS.
    Most people will no longer know or care about Julian Assange.
    They are doing the same to Craig Murray.
    The one who got away is Alex Salmond?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Julian Assange back in court
Your information: