COVID-19 in 2022

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum COVID-19 in 2022

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    Clark

Weasel, 15:16

“Please look at lines 455 and then sum of lines 456-461”

Who suggested that you do this? I find it very unlikely that you happened to download the ONS data and trawled through it, adding and comparing various figures.

My point is that you berate people for supposedly swallowing what you call the “MSM narrative”, but you seem to unquestioningly swallow “alternative” narratives. What’s the difference? Neither involve critical thinking, such as looking up caesium, aluminium, cobalt and graphene oxides, to see if they’re really as toxic as suggested.

Note that this continues to be true, even in the unlikely event that vaccines are responsible for the rise in deaths from all causes.

#87835 Reply
    Clark

Weasel, I’m going out for the evening so I won’t be looking at the ONS data until tomorrow at the earliest. This gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your reasoning ability, and the independence of your mind from the sources you’ve been using. You could check whether comparing “line 455” with the “sum of lines 456-461” is really a comparison of like with like. Then you could check for cherry-picking, ie. do other months, and/or previous and subsequent issues of the ONS report show the same pattern, or was it a fluke?

Does that seem reasonable?

#87837 Reply
    ET

I’m on a bus from Dublin Airport to a family event this weekend. The only device I have with me is my phone and I ain’t looking at spreadsheets on it. I’ll take a look again when I’m back home.

#87874 Reply
    Clark

Looks like YouTuber Doctor John Campbell addressed this yesterday. I haven’t watched this yet:

Excess deaths, the data
    28 Aug 2022

YouTube, 15 minutes 29 seconds.

#87875 Reply
    Clark

Ten, eleven minutes in, he’s quoting Prof. Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence Based Medicine, Oxford University. I think I remember Heneghan downplaying a second wave, just before the second wave.

#87937 Reply
    Weasel

Dear Clark

Aluminium is VERY toxic to humans. It’s why you should avoid using deodorant with Aluminium in. The other metals have ZERO place in a ‘vaccine’. In fact, we new study conducted by 18 scientists globally, conducted SEM and other analysis on over 2305 samples of 12 global Covid19 vaccines and found them ALL to contain PEG and nano particles but oddly ZERO biological matter – no mRNA, no S-Proteins, no sub units etc – nothing. They were all the same – chemicals that are toxic to humans.

Graphene Oxide is most definitely toxic to humans and carries a negative charge that can be turned positive (by radio waves) where it becomes lethal. It is suspected of causing the clotting and herding of red blood cells. I could point you to many studies from doctors and scientists proving the toxicity of the elements I highlight, but you will try and scour the internet for counter evidence from shills for big pharma

#87940 Reply
    ET

Pfizer state there is no graphene oxide in their vaccine.

“I could point you to many studies from doctors and scientists proving the toxicity of the elements I highlight, but you will try and scour the internet for counter evidence from shills for big pharma ”

Are you being serious Weasel? You won’t cite your sources for your claims in case someone might actually look at these studies to assess the rigor of their methodology etc? Do you realise just how astoundingly dumbassed such a statement is?
    Transparency is the key.

The earth is flat as conclusively proved by some studies I read but I’m not letting you have those studies in case you find flaws in them. Would you go fuck off please.

#87946 Reply
    Clark

Weasel, today, 11:29

“…ZERO biological matter – no mRNA, no S-Proteins…”

Ah ha! So we don’t need to worry about the “novel gene-editing ‘vaccine’” (Weasel, August 22, 10:37) after all!

Keep slinging shit, Weasel; some of it might stick eventually.

https://xkcd.com/966/

#87947 Reply
    Clark

Weasel, you made this accusation of me:

“you will try and scour the internet for counter evidence from shills for big pharma”

My accusation against you is that you don’t care about consistency, evidence or science; you merely cherry-pick any snippet that you superficially believe to help build your false case. You don’t care that, for instance, “the US CDC knew the mRNA potion didn’t even meet the definition of a vaccine” (August 22, 10:37), nor that your latest “ZERO biological matter” claim renders it irrelevant. You don’t care whether any piece of science is right, wrong, irrelevant, or contradicts some other snippet you posted, because you’re interested only in using it as a prop.

#87951 Reply
    Clark

Weasel, August 22, 10:37

“…mass formation psychosis,”

Is that a thing? Or just something Robert Malone made up? Surely you didn’t just parrot something because the person who said it is someone you happen to believe in? Y’know, like you’d say the “sheeple” do.

Seriously; what is so much better about believing some fringe narrative rather than believing “the official narrative”? To me, both appear to be blind belief. Seriously, please explain, because it makes no sense to me.

#87959 Reply
    glenn_nl

Weasel: Your latest offering is the logical equivalent of saying, “There are pixies in my garden. They do amazingly magical things. But I offer no evidence of them whatsoever, because you will show my evidence is all nonsense.”

Genuine notions stand up to scrutiny. If your proposal is un-falsifiable, because you refuse to show its basis, then the proposal remains no more valid than any myth, such as magical pixies in the garden.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

Much as we might wish to believe something, we cannot promote it with any intellectual honesty, unless we’re willing to have our evidence examined and challenged. Otherwise, we’re just ‘gurus’ or ‘mystics’.

But feel free to ignore all this, and just feel good about yourself in a community that values such notions because it makes you feel exceptional, one of the ‘tribe’ of brave non-conformists. That is both the benefit and the price you pay for refusing to live in the reality-based community.

#88001 Reply
    Clark

Glenn_nl (and ET), do we really want to see Weasel’s “evidence”? After all, Weasel confidently warned us about the “novel gene-editing” mRNA vaccine, then equally confidently told us that it contained “ZERO biological matter – no mRNA”. Even Weasel found this odd – but didn’t become sceptical about either source. Weasel cited (or rather, again omitted to cite) yet another source that was at odds with both other claims, yet still didn’t become sceptical of any of them.

Weasel clearly applies zero scepticism and probably wouldn’t even know how to, so if Weasel does link to any of this stuff, most likely it’ll merely give us all headaches working out how to refute the precise flavour of bullshit it contains.

#88022 Reply
    Clark

Weasel, I’ve been trying to understand what your concern is regarding the data you directed us to:

“Please look at lines 455 and then sum of lines 456-461 – The sum is higher in vaccinated (any dose, aggregated) than the vaccinated per 100,000 person-years. 795 per 100,000 Non-Covid deaths in unvaccinated vs 8,699”

I see 795(.3) as the ASMR for unvaccinated (so you do seem to be referring to Table 1), but I don’t see 8699 anywhere in the table. How did you get that figure?

Line 463 gives the ASMR for those ever vaccinated as 787.1, less than 10% of your 8699. This again shows hardly any difference in non-covid deaths between vaccinated and unvaccinated groups, just as ET found before.

Why did you ignore line 463? And why did you omit line 462?

#88033 Reply
    ET

Some people may be interested in reading the following:
    The past, current and future epidemiological dynamic of SARS-CoV-2.

#88174 Reply
    Weasel

Here you go chaps. Take a look at this. In the US they have made it illegal to perform analysis on the vaccine and it is protected by US Dept of Defense secrecy laws. It is the US Dept of Defense that is the Govt contractor PAYING for the vaccines. But you carry on Shilling for Pfizer and Moderna LOL

https://ussanews.com/2022/08/29/an-international-group-of-scientists-find-twelve-brands-of-covid-injections-contain-hydrogel-and-reduced-graphene-oxide-other-important-findings/

#88175 Reply
    Weasel
    #88176 Reply
    Weasel
    #88183 Reply
    ET

@Weasel
    Thanks for the laugh.

“Graphene oxide is activated by electromagnetic frequencies, specifically the frequencies that are part of the 5G spectrum. Graphene oxide is the main ingredient in DARPA patented hydrogels. It is these hydrogels that are in the Covid injections, the PCR test swabs and the masks.”

Not only in the vaccines but also in masks and swabs? And activated by 5G frequencies.

“DARPA funded a company that produces soft flexible hydrogels … injected beneath the skin to perform health monitoring … they sync to a smartphone app to give the user immediate health insights. However, hydrogel nanotechnology grows and spreads in the body once implanted. We do not know how this affects our DNA. We know that it can send information directly and continuously through artificial intelligence.”

LMAO. Soon skynet and multiple T-1000 terminators. I’m scared.

““There was MASSIVE contamination in the Covid-19 injections through heavy metal particulates such as tungsten, chromium, iron, sodium (highly electro-conductive), strontium, magnesium, gold and silver nano particulates, lead, antimony, aluminium, tin and many others.”

Iron and sodium (highly electro-conductive). That would be the iron needed for haemoglobin without which we’d all be unable to transfer oxygen from blood to cells and found in all your red blood cells. That would also be the same sodium in salt and again absolutely essential to how your physiology functions, and literally highly controlled by multiple physiological mechanisms in your blood, extravascular spaces and cells. Sodium is literally VITAL for life as we know it.

Weasel, take a step back and stop relying for your information on this kind of utter shite. It’s fantasy. Start with a basic physiology book, there’s plenty of them online for free.

I am not shilling for anyone or anything, Weasel, except perhaps scientific method. If you want insight into how “Big Pharma” screws us all over go read “Bad Pharma” by Ben Goldacre, far more damning than any of this shite.

#88184 Reply
    ET

Dr. Wagh’s credentials are somewhat suspect.

#88187 Reply
    Clark

I was just wondering when strontium would get a mention, to go with the caesium, of course. Two hours later, lo and behold, there it is! Can we have iodine and potassium next please, or are their biological roles too well known?

Strontium is harmless. Chemically, it’s a lot like calcium and barium. Someone has been reading too many Marvel comics.

Weasel, this is parody, right? “Ooh, science words – they sound dangerous”. But you should be more circumspect; you’re provoking irrational fears in people like Kate, which is exactly what the denialists accuse the so-called MSM of doing.

#88288 Reply
    ET

Meanwhile, the excess deaths trend continues in the UK and elsewhere.

“The number of deaths registered in the UK in the week ending 26 August 2022 (Week 34) was 12,330, which was 15.4% above the five-year average (1,646 excess deaths); of these deaths, 505 involved COVID-19, which was 117 fewer than in Week 33.”

Link to ONS data.

This is perhaps a better graph from ourworldindata.org than the cumulative graph I linked earlier in the thread showing various countries. (you can choose your own countries to compare).

The cause or causes are still unknown. There doesn’t seem to be much coverage of this in the corporatocratic (CRAP) media though there is some reference to it in such as NewScientist.

#88289 Reply
    Clark

ET, thanks. The New Scientist article is behind a paywall, and at first sight the BMJ link it cites appears to be as well. However, the doi link at the top of the BMJ article opens the same BMJ article in full, at least on my system that blocks JavaScript. That link is as follows:

https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.o2085

Some quotes:

A spokesperson for the Department of Health and Social Care told The BMJ, “Analysis is ongoing, but early investigation suggests that circulatory diseases and diabetes may be partly responsible for the excess deaths. These latest results emphasise the importance of active management of cardiovascular risk, as there is good evidence that many cardiovascular deaths are potentially preventable.”

Patients with circulatory diseases, including heart attacks and strokes, have been particularly affected by very long waits for ambulances and emergency care, as well as delays in routine checks—all knock-on effects of the covid pandemic.

A recent briefing from the Department of Health and Social Care and the Office for National Statistics shows that the pandemic has had significant indirect effects on the diagnosis of some long term conditions, particularly coronary heart disease, asthma, and atrial fibrillation.

#88294 Reply
    Clark

A lot of pundits have jeered at China’s covid suppression policy, but maybe it was a wise choice.

#88295 Reply
    ET

Sorry about paywall. I use bypass paywalls clean add-on, so didn’t notice a paywall.

#88296 Reply
    Clark

ET, regarding your Our World in Data link; it’s interesting that the lines converge. I tried adding in New Zealand due to their covid exclusion policy, but their excess deaths are up. Then I tried Iceland due to their low infection rate but their data only goes up to June.

#88352 Reply
    Weasel

Covid hoax deniers and shills. Your day of reckoning approaches. You were warned but too pious and wrapped up in your own sheeple bias to see it.

[ Mod: ‘Weasel’ is now banned from the forums.

Recently several new identities have appeared, posting in favour of fringe viewpoints via anonymous proxies/VPNs to evade moderation. Accordingly, there is effectively also a ban on new identities posting via anonymous servers. ]

#88383 Reply
    Clark

*** MODS ***, thanks for permitting Weasel’s, er, whatever you’d like to call it.

Weasel, if vaccines are responsible for the excess deaths, (1) it is already too late for those who got vaccinated, so your apparent gloating above is highly distasteful, and (2) it will be impossible to hide, eg. Iceland’s data will update in due course, counting either for or against covid itself as a cause; there is copious public data from over a hundred countries, all using different vaccines deployed in different ways to varying demographics at different times. The cause or causes eventually have to become clear.

In some matters all one can do is be patient, so I hope you manage to calm down; your commenting style, already self-contradictory, is seeming increasingly desperate what with multiple identities, anonymous proxies and VPNs. There’s a moderation team at Craig’s, so if you had a coherent, internally consistent hypothesis I’m sure at least one of them would have recognised its merit and approved the relevant comments, or argued with the rest of the team on your behalf. I have communicated with some of the moderators over the years and know them to be a rational and ethical bunch, not to mention Craig who is very rational and ethical himself. Chill out; if you think you anti-vaxxers are about to inherit the Earth, that should be reward enough, without having to call people shills and sheeple.

#89153 Reply
    john

Here’s a good one for y’all:

“Pfizer Exec Admits Under Oath: ‘We Never Tested COVID Vaccine Against Transmission’
    We were moving at the speed of science, she says.
    Must watch video of admission:
    https://twitter.com/TrueNorthCentre/status/1579830040858329089?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Thank god I was moving at the speed of Yeadon, Malone and McCullough, and declined that high speed science!!

#89154 Reply
    glenn_nl

Well if people aren’t going to get sick and die, then they won’t be transmitting it so much will they? Another small benefit is that they don’t actually get sick and die in anything like the numbers once vaccinated.

I’d call not being so liable to get really ill and/or die of a highly communicable airborne virus a pretty big plus, so I’m not sure why you think this is such a gosh-shock-gasp ‘revelation’.

#89155 Reply
    glenn_nl

Btw, I am sure you get all your ‘facts’ from the most reliable of sources, John. Like Yeadon, Malone and McCullough, that you mention – they nust be highly credible scientists who publish papers for peer review, and stick to their fields of expertise – right?

Oh no, wait – Yeadon, Malone and McCullough are three conspiracy nuts who peddle their rubbish to the gullible on youtube.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/depopulation-by-covid-19-vaccines/

https://www.logically.ai/articles/scientists-vs-science-interviews-with-mike-yeadon-and-robert-malone

(There are dozens of other references to this dubious bunch. Not hard to find.)

I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya!

The originators of that misleading tweet are a far-right organisation, with a mixed bag of truth, half-truths and – wait for it – conspiracy nonsense about covid, vaccines etc.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/true-north-centre-for-public-policy/

Impeccable sources from the denialists as ever!

#89158 Reply
    Oscar

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you assume the language that is imposed from the mass media, if supposedly they suck, well, they suck when you want it: “denialism”, “conspiranoia”…

Certainly most of the sources that question the official narratives on this matter are more than questionable.

You proudly wear the flag of reason … and when a user simply questions some mantras, or that lines of investigation be ruled out a priori … he is a denier! And besides, he says that journalism is a prostituted profession! And he said “elites”! :O

And then they provide you with more than 2000 scientific studies that could support a hypothetical harmfulness of vaccines and you attack them all at once. That’s what wolves and yenas do.

Some sources are easily refuted, the ones that are not, then we resort to the personal attack, right Glenn?

But no prob. Feel free to pay attention to only one part of the scientists, ignoring another, yes, a priori, because they are deniers. I wonder what tribe you feel like a member of, since you’ve done a full psychoanalysis on Weasel or whoever.

So I give you the reason, those sources are not impeccable. But when you are given impeccable sources simply to consider a working hypothesis, you short-circuit.

And then I’m the one who loses dignity, you know?

An impartial jury would have long ago ruled that the virus came from a laboratory.

And an impartial jury would consider the possibility that, as has happened with many other Big Pharma products, in this case more than ever there is the possibility of unreported adverse effects, at the very least, due to the speed of development.

So continue with your sarcasm, supply the psychological deficiency that you intend to supply and if things get out of hand, the thread is closed. All very democratic and scientific.

By the way, I use VPN for other things than fabricating other identities. I also wear an aluminum cap. Some of you would do well to wear it.

It is seen that the strategy of fear as a weapon, which I already referred to in another thread, has wreaked havoc on common sense.

Instead of trying to ridicule users who are afraid, like you, and who have a virtue little practiced today, such as seeking the truth and being able to question authority… like you (I attribute those virtues to you), instead of ridiculing, censuring, insulting and looking over your shoulder, you could try to help understand. It is true that many of these people do not know how to turn to the right sources, it is true that they are scared… but I do not consider them worse for that. And if they need something, it is an understanding of their frame of reference and teaching them. The last thing they deserve, at least most of them, is the humiliating treatment you give them/us here. We, “deniers” according you, will be ignorant, but at least we want to know and do our best in the search. That that does not satisfy your high intellect? Yes, the one that when presented with evidence simply to weigh, short-circuits… if we are not as high as you, help us, if being a good person goes with you.

I speak only to those who take the hint, know who they are and are not limited to those of the thread of the vaccines. I recommend you read Hannah Arendt, or watch a movie that has recreated the Eichmann trial, or read about the banality of evil. In the other thread I said that your thinking was closer to that of the conspiracy theorists and paranoid types than you thought… and now I tell you that we are all potential Eichmanns, as I said in another thread, but some attitudes distill more danger than others… although I would not dare to judge the order…

Go with God.

#89159 Reply
    ET

I don’t see what’s new here John. From the outset Pfizer stated that their trials were not set up to discover if transmission was affected or not. This was discussed ad nauseum in other covid threads on these forums about 2 years ago. There are other areas where the Pfizer trials are somewhat suspect but this is not one of them. Again, don’t overly narrow what a vaccine is. Please let us not have the “sterilising imunity” vs “altering the course of a disease” argument again.

#89160 Reply
    Clark

“We never tested COVID vaccine against transmission”

So what?

“we had to do everything at risk.”

Ooh scary! Until you listen to your own damn clip! She’s talking about Pfizer risking money

“And therefore, as a result of that” (meaning the pandemic) “we actually, um, spent, two billion dollars, at risk, of self-funded money from Pfizer.”

So she’s essentially bragging that the company risked two billion dollars developing a vaccine and manufacturing it at scale without knowing how well it might work, presumably out of the goodness of its Big Pharma heart – which sounds very generous, until you consider that two billion was only about 1.25% of the value of the company. Investment is always a risk.
    – – – – – – – – – – –

There actually is some scandal here, but not vaguely like you make out, John. Trivially, she’s referring to the population, made of living, breathing people, as “the market”. But far more importantly, listen to what the EU government official says at the beginning of the clip:

– “Was the Pfizer COVID vaccine tested on stopping the transmission of the virus, before it entered the market? If not, please say it clearly. If yes, are you willing to share the data with this committee? And I really want straight answer, yes or no…”

Why should a government have to beg for data from a private company? Why should a government, which nominally represents the people, have to make emphatic requests, apparently fully expecting to be fobbed off, from a privately owned, profit-making organisation, about a vaccine which that same population paid for through taxation? Why can’t said government simply demand the information it requires on behalf of its taxpayers and, if refused, extract it forcibly by sending in its police force? Does profit and capital actually have greater rights than the public that the company claims to act in the interests of? Apparently so.
    – – – – – – – – – – –

“Thank god I was moving at the speed of Yeadon, Malone and McCullough”

The same few names come up over and over ad nauseam, as if the rest of the tens of thousands of the scientific community, ordinary working scientists and doctors, must all be sheeple or evil agents. I haven’t paid much attention to Malone and McCullough, but Yeadon, a medical company exec worth about ten million I think, popularised by the Torygraph’s resident liar Delingpole, not only predicted that there couldn’t be a second wave, just before the second wave, but was also developing nebuliser inhalers to treat respiratory illness, ie. he stood to profit from the wave of illness he was helping to create with his MSM-backed disinformation. What a ghoul! And this is who you trust, John?

#89161 Reply
    Oscar

[ Mod: You may not be aware, Oscar, that comments about moderation should not be posted in a topical thread, as they are off topic and distract from the issues under discussion. However, you are welcome to comment on moderation in the Blog Support Forum

The recent activity on this thread exemplifies some of the flaws inherent in the earlier thread concerning the content of the covid vaccines. The analysis of that discussion is underway, and recommendations should be posted in the Blog Support Forum within a week or so. In the meantime, the moderation rules will be applied more strictly, and any comments featuring sarcastic or disrespectful language will eligible for deletion without further explanation. ]

#89165 Reply
    john

And a timely analysis from Dr John:

Dr John Campbell: Viral transmission not tested in Pfizer trials (12 Oct 2022) – YouTube, 9m 51s

#89173 Reply
    Clark

I’d love to hear what Dr John Campbell would have to say about Yeadon, Malone and McCullough, but as far as I know, he has never stooped to so much as mentioning such bullshitters. Am I wrong about that, John? Am I? If I am, please link!

John Campbell is generally pretty sensible, but he’s missed a rather obvious point here – Roos is being too simplistic, thinking merely individualistically, and not about society as a whole, which for an elected representative is unforgivable. Even if the vaccine doesn’t reduce transmission, we still get vaccinated for others.

Why?

Before vaccination, COVID frequently overloaded hospitals. We knew this right from the very start, in Wuhan, where the Chinese authorities, famously, built and staffed new emergency hospitals in under a fortnight.

Vaccination greatly reduces the severity of the illness, slashing hospital admissions to a fraction, which permits hospitals to treat the seriously ill who would otherwise die or be seriously injured.

So get vaccinated, so that you don’t squander resources that could treat others in greater need than yourself.

OK, John?

#89174 Reply
    Clark

Didn’t it turn out, after deployment, in studies of the general population, that vaccination actually does reduce transmission, just not by very much? Genuine question; I thought I’d read something to that effect but I don’t know the answer. On the other hand Omicron spread considerably faster, but by then people were exercising far less precaution.

This is all such a non-issue. Mandatory vaccination and COVID “passports” were always wrong and I said so from the start, but to argue that because Pfizer didn’t test for transmission means that Yeadon must be right is like arguing that astrology must be true because sometimes computers break down.

#89175 Reply
    ET

The original emergency use authorisation (in UK) was based on prevention of symptomatic covid disease only and not on any data about transmission. From uk.gov:

Summary of the Public Assessment Report for COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer/BioNTech

“What benefits of BNT162b2 have been shown in studies?

BNT162b2 has been studied in approximately 43,000 individuals 16 years of age and older who were equally allocated to the vaccine or a placebo. Those who received vaccination with BNT162b2 had a reduction in the rate of COVID-19 illness compared to those who received placebo (8 cases of COVID-19 illness in the vaccinated group compared to 162 cases in the placebo group). These results were observed 7 days following the second dose in study participants with no evidence of prior SARS-CoV-2 infection.

similar benefit of the vaccine was observed in subjects with one or more other medical conditions that increase the risk of severe COVID-19 disease, such as obesity, hypertension, diabetes, or asthma.”

There was no mention of preventing transmission and indeed from the original trial protocol that was not one of the endpoints of the trial. Neither were hospital admission, severe disease, admission to ICU, death or a host of other endpoints they might have used but would have needed a much bigger number of trial participants and much longer time to evaluate.

Subsequently, other independent studies found that the Pfizer vaccine and others reduced transmission but that that effect waned with time and was different for the various vaccines. I don’t see why Pfizer admittedly very badly articulating this at this hearing is such sensational news.

#89177 Reply
    Clark

ET –

“Subsequently, other independent studies found that the Pfizer vaccine and others reduced transmission but that that effect waned with time and was different for the various vaccines.”

Thanks. That’s what I thought. I’ll be getting a booster as I haven’t had either covid or a jab for over six months, so my immunity will have waned.

#89180 Reply
    Clark

[ Mod: This response about horoscopes was suspended for using heavy sarcasm to ridicule an alternative viewpoint by association with obviously untenable ideas. ]

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 276 total)
Reply To: COVID-19 in 2022
Your information: