So what are these forums for?

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback So what are these forums for?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fred

Why call it a discussion forum when there is no discussion allowed?

Can’t describing a post made over three weeks ago as “New” get you prosecuted under the trade descriptions act?

Why no activity for more than three days?

Ever thought these forums might be heavily over-moderated?

#84687 Reply
    SA

Fred
    The threads are meant to be a discussion of certain topics. The one you are referring to is about BJ taking credit for the achievements of the NHS. You then started discussing other topics unrelated to vaccines or the politics of vaccines going on quickly to conspiracies about lab escape of the virus, a topic that has its own forum, why did you think to post irrelevant posts in that forum? Do you really not understand this?

#84720 Reply
    Clark

“So what are these forums for?”

Well obviously they’re an online space provided at Craig’s expense for cultists to stalk, poised to inundate any topic even vaguely related to planet Earth and divert it onto the far more pressing matters of Earth being flat, and the biggest bunch of lying toe-rags promoting the agenda of the Elite being scientists.

See, having been an ambassador Craig has seen the secret maps held by the government (the real ones, the flat ones) so he knows that Earth is really flat but he’d get shut down or worse if he said so. But he can get away with providing this space for you enlightened ones to gather, validate each other’s innuendos, pat each other on the back and make hints to us poor feeble-minded propaganda victims about what trusting children we all are.

The entire ‘MSM’ say Earth’s a globe so it must be flat.

#84721 Reply
    fred

SA

Did you read the article linked to in the post I replied to? Particularly the last paragraph:

In an era in which public opinion is held captive by a lying, privately-owned, right-wing mass media that twists the truth on a daily basis to paint the government in a favourable light, independent investigations are essential for enlightening the reader as to the reality of government policy vs. PR.

That is what I had just read when I posted about a lying media twisting the truth.

Or does the media only lie and twist the truth when they say something which does not suit your politics?

#84725 Reply
    Clark

“Or does the media only lie and twist the truth when they say something which does not suit your politics?”, trolled Fred, who tried to present covid as having caused only 17,000 deaths in the UK.

Grossly underplaying covid’s harm suits your politics does it, Fred? Because that would place you with the rightmost wing of the Conservative party, whom you seemed to be cheer-leading for, until you anomalously cited Jeremy Corbyn.

#84728 Reply
    SA

Fred
    If you want a thread about lying media then it would be such a diffuse and meaningless thread. You can start with Novichok, via Maidan, Syria and gas then back to Ukraine, Biden, Trump, and so many topics. Too diffuse. I was just focusing on one tiny aspect and you were trying some grand form of whataboutary.

#84729 Reply
    ET

Also, why didn’t you make that post in the thread SA started about exactly that, government lying and media assisted spin. Everyone reading these forums has come to that realisation, years ago, a realisation you seem to attribute solely to your enlightened self and consequently take it upon yourself to proselytize your views because people found these forums and this site by accident and need your direction whilst you are here because of your superior deductions about what goes on in the world. Do you realise how pathetically condescending that position is?

You don’t discuss your views Fred, instead what you do is post someone else’s view by referring to a link, a YT video or some such. When someone counters what you posted you rarely if ever reply to that counter with anything other than whataboutery. The point of DISCUSSION forums is inherent in the description, to discuss and develop topics. The proper response to a counter to one of your posts is to either reconsider your view in light of new information or counter the counter with further evidence that supports your view.

#84739 Reply
    fred

I was just focusing on one tiny aspect and you were trying some grand form of whataboutary.

Whataboutary? It was posting off topic a while ago.

#84740 Reply
    fred

Also, why didn’t you make that post in the thread SA started about exactly that, government lying and media assisted spin.

I haven’t seen the thread, haven’t been around for a while.

I just looked in to see if Clark was about, there was an article in the Daily Record that day I thought might interest him. I looked under “Recent Forum Replies” and there he was, the last person to post, two days previous, replying to a post made the day before that. Well not much of a reply, a thumbs up emoji would have sufficed. I wondered what could kill a forum so dead. Then I found out.

#84748 Reply
    SA

So your intent in engaging in a forum was purely to attract Clark’s attention and provoke a reply on another topic that you knew was off topic?

#84755 Reply
    fred

So your intent in engaging in a forum was purely to attract Clark’s attention and provoke a reply on another topic that you knew was off topic?

My reply was relevant to the last paragraph of the linked article, how can that be off topic?

I don’t believe a general discussion forum can exist without thread drift.

#84758 Reply
    Dawg

“My reply was relevant to the last paragraph of the linked article … “

So what?! If the last paragraph of the linked article was about the scandal of extortionate car parking charges at NHS hospitals, that wouldn’t make it relevant to the forum thread. In this discussion forum, the topic is determined by the person who creates it, titles it, and posts the first comment.

#84770 Reply
    fred

So what?! If the last paragraph of the linked article was about the scandal of extortionate car parking charges at NHS hospitals, that wouldn’t make it relevant to the forum thread. In this discussion forum, the topic is determined by the person who creates it, titles it, and posts the first comment.

Why on earth would anyone be writing about hospital parking charges in an article about media bias and lies?

#84779 Reply
    ET

“Why on earth would anyone be writing about hospital parking charges in an article about media bias and lies?”

By way of an example of being off topic as DAWG qualified by stating “If the last paragraph of the linked article was about the scandal of extortionate car parking charges at NHS hospitals, that wouldn’t make it relevant to the forum thread.” It pays to read the whole comment Fred.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: So what are these forums for?
Your information: