Reply To: New theme planned for the blog and possible use of CDN

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback New theme planned for the blog and possible use of CDN Reply To: New theme planned for the blog and possible use of CDN

Good In Parts

Re the Al Hilli thread – the current page number seems to have changed from 61 to 203 which breaks bookmarks – selecting a saved link takes you to a different page, which does not contain the comment, rather than using the comment number to recalculate the ‘new’ page number.

I appreciate that the number of comments per page may need to change, so is there a way to go directly to a post via the comment number?

Pan has made the font readability points better than I could. Generally sans-serif is much better for me than ‘noisy fonts’ – but in this case the size, weight and whitespace area seem to combine to make me snowblind!

Not a dig at you but these days web pages seem to be carrying a lot of excess baggage compared to actual content – just look at the source of this one. By inspection I would estimate a 10 to 1 ratio with all the js files included. I do appreciate that resizing for mobile devices adds somewhat to the size.

How about keeping the home page as-is but strip out all the under-used links from the comment pages? That should halve the page size.

I have very little understanding of WP but is there a cut down, purely HTML, theme? Again I am probably talking out of my hat but I thought I read that HTML5 was supposed to be able to do most of the fancy fades without having to resort to javascript.

Thank you for your efforts to keep this site working and accessible.