Reply To: ME updates

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum ME updates Reply To: ME updates

michael norton

New York, SANA-Syria’s permanent representative to the UN, Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari, said on Thursday that some countries seek to turn Security council into a platform for NATO to support the Turkish aggression on Syrian territories, and this undermines the international organization’s role in keeping world peace and security.

Al-Jaafari added at a Security council’s session on the situation in the Middle East that the UN undersecretary general for humanitarian affairs violates his custody and tries to defame Syria through the misleading campaign he practices about the reality of situation in the country.

He went on to say that securing Aleppo city completely by the Syrian Arab army has given its citizens feeling of security as their city came out of the range of terrorism and spite shells.

Al-Jaafari affirmed that Syria calls on countries that have dominance on the Turkish regime and the affiliated terrorist organizations to oblige them to allow a million of Syrians, who were forced to flee the acts of Turkish aggression, to return home.

Al-Jaafari: Some countries seek to turn Security council into a platform for NATO to support Turkish aggression on Syrian territories

It seems to me that Erdogan has a way out of this mess he is in, in Northern Syria.
His saviour could be Coronavirs.
He could withdraw his troops/”contractors” from Idleb Province, using the grounds of preventing this disease from spreading North into Turkey.
Everyone knows that war and refugees spread disease.
Erdogan could then at last, seal his Southern border.
However his troops/”contractors” are spread all along the North of Syria, this would only work if he brings them all home quickly.

He has about five minutes to make a decision.
War and pestilence or peace and prosperity.
Turkey is truly at the crossroads of fortune.