Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum SARS cov2 and Covid 19 Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

node

Dredd

“As noted before, we don’t yet know how effective the strategy of acquired herd immunity would be in any case.”

Yet that is the strategy we are forcing through – herd immunity achieved through vaccines.

“If you know of a workable scheme to isolate elderly and vulnerable people effectively, with the level of protection required for highly infectious diseases, then please elaborate”

No I don’t, but then again the present scheme to lock down everybody, vulnerable and strong alike, isn’t workable either (in the sense that it causes more harm than good in the long run). The most workable scheme I can think of is the one I described – give the vulnerable a choice and concentrate our support services on those who choose to be isolated. The non-vulnerable keep the country running and build up herd immunity.

I suggest that building herd immunity the natural way is less risky than doing it with poorly tested vaccines.