Reply To: New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines Reply To: New World Shifting to the Indo-Pacific new nuclear powered submarines

ET

“UK opted out of many EU worker protections such as the Working Time Directive”

Actually Clark, they didn’t opt out of the EWTD. In fact they implemented it much more vigorously and rigorously than most including Ireland. I did my last continuous onsite 48 hour shift in 2009, thank God. Colleagues in Ireland had to wait years more for that to happen. In fairness to the UK, when they were in the EU they were conscientious about implementing the legislative changes required. In Ireland we had to have a referendum about everything every six months.

The fact is the EU was blamed for a lot of stuff that was the fault of globalisation and multi nationals moving manufacturing to where it was cheaper in order to maximise profit. Even Mr.Dyson, a staunch supporter of brexit decided to move his manufacturing out of UK. Sadl;y for the UK leaving the EU is not going to correct those issues and will probably exacerbate them.

It came to mind that one of the things that pissed off the Brits was the human rights stuff and one example was the mandatory allowing of prisoners to vote. Personally, I think that is daft for your standard axe wielding mass murderer but do people thing Craig Murray should be denied a vote? Makes one think innit?