A hypothetical question about Salisbury

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum A hypothetical question about Salisbury

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Terry Jones

Hello,

If someone had information to the effect that the British government were in fact responsible for the Salisbury affair and this information became publicly available With headlines such as “The government committed a chemical weapons attack upon British soil harming British residents and blamed Russia”

1) Would this not lead to the collapse in the current government?.
    2) What would be the effect upon brexit?

I would think that would be the end of both. What do you think?

I rather suspect some abuse will come now from people because I have dared to suggest that there might be information to the effect that the British government were responsible

#47119 Reply
    Terry Jones

If it did turn out that the government were responsible for Salisbury, it is quite possible that under standing order 25 that parliament could vote for a state of emergency, get rid of Boris Johnson and thus guarantee an extension. The state of emergency would be declared because the UK is at risk of terrorist attacks from its own intelligence services. It is the “coventry solution” in that in dong so one damages the intelligence services as opposed to the UK as a whole. Except of course that SIS and GCHQ are not as well thought of as Coventry was. Margate perhaps

Furthermore if you were an ardent remainer in parliament, claiming to be concerned about the effects of no deal upon the country and if there was such information, why would you not proceed on this basis in order to stop brexit? Would it not rather discredit your alledged concern about the country if you were not to proceed?

#47133 Reply
    John2o2o

“I rather suspect some abuse will come now from people because I have dared to suggest that there might be information to the effect that the British government were responsible ”

– I rather suspect that the opposite would be the case here, Terry.

“The state of emergency would be declared because the UK is at risk of terrorist attacks from its own intelligence services.”

– Well it is highly questionable as to whether they work in the interests of the UK as it is.

#47144 Reply
    Tatyana

Just for fun
    A hypothetical source of the Salisbury story is the Chaindrite Termite Commercial in Thailand 🙂
    https://pikabu.ru/story/tayskaya_reklama_spreya_ot_termitov_6926438

#47208 Reply
    John2o2o

Lol, oh that is hilarious Tatyana. Probably as plausible an explanation as any other I’ve come across …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: A hypothetical question about Salisbury
Your information: