Haiku for the archbishop

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Haiku for the archbishop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    M.J.

Archbishop Tutu
    Cape Town’s lit in purple to
    Wish your Grace goodbye

#83445 Reply
    BrianFujisan

For the Bishop Tutu –

Bishop Tutu Died
    True Humanitarian
    Rest Now Caring Soul.

#83629 Reply
    Clark

Media Lens have published an article about corporate media obituaries of Desmond Tutu, the former Archbishop of Cape Town and chairman of South Africa’s truth and reconciliation commission.

The Media Lens Book Of Obituaries – Deleting Tutu’s Criticism Of Israel

– “Clearly, our media guardians of power were keen to say as little as possible about Tutu’s criticism of Israel without exposing themselves as outright totalitarians by blanking the issue 100% – 99% is a much better look, especially when reviewing the life of a courageous anti-fascist.”

It also includes a quote from Craig following the death of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

#83744 Reply
    BrianFujisan

Clark..Thank you..I read that earlier..I Get Alerts From ML..But I didn’t want to put it up in my Haiku post..which I fiddled with for days ..
    Great work from ML..Love those Guys

Stay safe

#83838 Reply
    Stephen Day

Desmond Tutu a man with the highest of integrity and honesty. Called out injustice and dishonesty wherever in this world he came across such. The world will miss him

#84463 Reply
    M.J.

It was Archbishop Desmond Tutu who chose the music for his funeral. One of his favourites was Hakeleje, of which a recording made by the Soweto gospel choir at the Nelson Mandela theatre was played during his funeral. It can be seen on Youtube here:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by modbot.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by degmod.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Haiku for the archbishop
Your information: