Paypal problem

• This topic has 10 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by Carlyle Moulton.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lloyd

Hi, my sub has been cancelled by Paypal, but I’d like to continue donating via my debit card. I am having problems with Paypal. It locked me out of my account after I tried to change my password and I now have no way of contacting them, so I have stopped using it. But is seems impossible to re-start my sub on here without setting up a Paypal account, unless I’m missing something. Is it possible to just donate via a debit card?
    Thanks,
    Lloyd

#45475 Reply
    Paul McMullen

I do not wish to use Paypal either. Did you get an answer LLoyd?

#48122 Reply
    David

I would like to subscribe, but due to bad experiences with Paypal in the past, I refuse to set up a Paypal account. If you can let me have a way to subscribe without setting up a Paypal account I will certainly give money monthly that way.

#68859 Reply
    Richard Banbury

Paypal does not recognize the address for donation to this blog:

[email protected]” does not work

#70748 Reply
    Antiwar7

I, too, would like to subscribe to Craig’s blog, but PayPal permanently banned me with no advance warning, no possibility of appeal, and no reason given. (I just know it’s not fraud-related, from talking to a customer service rep.) Apparently, PayPal does that! Never knew.

Anyway, I need some alternative to PayPal in order to subscribe. Can we have one?

#70749 Reply
    SA

I don’t understand the problem. It is clearly stated how you can pay by bank transfer here

Support This Website

#70791 Reply
    Carlyle Moulton

Craig.

This prosecution is a scandal threatening all people covered by the UK legal system. You should not feel ashamed to ask for help. Your legal appeal is one of several to which I donate. Crowdfunding is one of the ways to overcome abusive lawfare. May I suggest you recruit some of the people whose blogs are on your blogroll to get your plight known worldwide. The wider the knowledge the more likely it will blow back in the face of the perpretators.

I already donate via Paypal but can no longer find your link for one off donations nor a Paypal link for your legal support.Suggestion all 3 donation methods should be grouped together with subheadings for periodic, one off and Legal and icons for cards and Paypal clear enough to distinguish without using zoom.

Regards.

#70793 Reply
    ET

The button marked “Subscribe” over Craig’s picture on the right is the paypal link. If you click it, it will open a paypal login. The link embedded in that button is https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/GB/i/btn/btn_subscribeCC_LG.gif

#70798 Reply
    Antiwar7

You can’t set up a recurring subscription that way, and Craig prefers a subscription. Also, there are usually significant fees with bank transfers.

#70799 Reply
    Antiwar7

It turns out you can do a one-time payment using a debit or credit card through PayPal, without having an account on PayPal. But you can’t set up a subscription without having a PayPal account. I guess that’s good enough, for odd cases like mine.

#70807 Reply
    Carlyle Moulton

Clarity is important in website design. Things should be sufficiently explicit that a user can follow without asking questions or or poking around doing various exploratory actions.

It is a good idea for the webmaster to view other websites looking for good ideas. Many websites now conform to defacto standards which most but not all know. A page on “About this website” should exist to help those who do not yet know the defacto standards.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Paypal problem
Your information: