Trowbridge H Ford, rest in peace.

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Trowbridge H Ford, rest in peace.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Clark

Occasional commenter to this site Trowbridge H Ford, died on July 26, 2021.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/nhregister/name/trowbridge-ford-obituary?id=30482371

Rest in peace, Trow. I hope his dog Domino is ok.

#82604 Reply
    M.J.

Amen.

#82613 Reply
    glenn_nl

Farewell, then, Trowbridge. I wondered where he was, and even did a couple of searches without turning anything up, fearing that he might have passed on. An interesting fellow. As conspiracy minded as he was, he was far too intelligent and reality-based to doubt the existence of Covid-19, for instance.

In what turned out to be his final year, he did put down some interesting memoirs on Squonk’s site. That will still be there for posterity.

#82614 Reply
    Clark

Trowbridge was a conspiracy theorist of the old school, proposing political and military conspiracies consisting of small numbers of powerful people and the intelligence agencies, rather than the grand collusions of essentially the entire scientific and technical communities which also require support from nearly all doctors, nurses, local government statisticians, commercial pilots etc. etc. etc. the world over, which seem to have taken over since the turn of the century. He was also original, thinking up these scenarios for himself; never once did I see him mindlessly parrot someone else’s idea or some nonsense regurgitated from YouTube.

He did have some scientific fantasies about satellites, lasers, military submarines and earthquakes, and got grumpy if they were challenged, but he never dismissed science in general as an overarching international hoax. But such ideas emanate almost entirely from the political right wing, which Trowbridge always opposed. His political positions were overwhelmingly humanitarian.

He only occasionally had any kind words for me because I would correct him about lasers, orbital dynamics, and the like, but I’ll raise a glass to his life and his writing – here’s to possibly the last proper conspiracy theorist, Trowbridge H Ford.

#82616 Reply
    BrianFujisan

Nice Tribute to Trow…I just Spent Many hours trying to find a photo… When I wrote Trow’s name in Sand down the Clyde coast… can’t find it..I Did put it on Squonk.. Well..Rest in Peace dear Trowbridge.

#82617 Reply
    BrianFujisan

He was a Good Native American supporter too..

I join you Clark A Toast to Trow. x

#82636 Reply
    Clark

Here’s a link to Trowbridge’s blog, apparently dormant since 2012:

http://codshit.blogspot.com/

He had a section at Flying Cuttlefish:

SPOOKS

and also submitted articles at Cryptome:

https://cryptome.org/0001/usa-disasters5.htm

There is a brief Wikispooks page about him:

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Trowbridge_Ford

I’ve always found his articles difficult to assimilate. They’re densely packed with assertions about US establishment insiders, and they’re referenced – after a fashion – but always seemed to be leading down a labyrinth of rabbit holes from which I’d never re-emerge if I were to try and to establish their veracity.

#82637 Reply
    Clark

BrianFujisan, January 2, 21:59 – I remember seeing your photo’ and your comment about it at squonk.tk, but I can’t find it either. Where did you host the photo’ itself? I’ve tried searching for links at Flickr; do you use any other image hosting sites? It wasn’t a video, was it?

#82641 Reply
    Komodo

A fair assessment, Clark. Have to admit we were occasionally unpleasant to each other, usually my fault for querying the power supply required to work the lasers he needed to create a tsunami unaided by plate tectonics, or some such flight of fancy. And his obsession with Lord Brougham.
    Anyway, RIP.

#82646 Reply
    BrianFujisan

Hi Clark.. I got your Text message.. Thank You and Sqounk for guiding me to the photo..I Was ages searching for it yesterday..it aint the best of photos..But you can see Trow’s name ..And the Mountains of Isle of Arran in the distance.Thanks for the Trow Links above too, I’ll have a look.
    The Photo –

45603409251_ce3877b4e6_o

#84810 Reply
    Phil ex frog

We couldn’t have been more different but we always got on, and Trowbridge once gave me the best advice I ever got from anyone on these boards. Like all the best conspiracy enthusiasts he offered some insight alongside the fantasy with the two always blurred. Was he really the spooky progeny of southern aristocracy? I believe he was. Good on you Trow, one hell of a life.

#84871 Reply
    Clark

I’d post this for Trowbridge if I could. Satellites firing lasers at Earth:

#90495 Reply
    docloxvio

I remember the first time that I stumbled onto Trowbridge’s work at Cryptome, many, many years ago. At first I was unsure if it was a spoof or not. The one thing that Trowbridge could do is to make you really think about things that you were sure that you ‘knew’. I too will raise a toast to the life of Trowbridge Ford, may he be resting in peace.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Trowbridge H Ford, rest in peace.
Your information: