Wikispooks has vanished

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Wikispooks has vanished

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Fat Jon

I see nothing about this online (I don’t expect the ignorant MSM to mention it), but the Wikispooks website has been unavailable for a few days now.

A very sinister development, I might suggest.

#87859 Reply
    Clark

Seems to be failing DNS lookup:

clark@Old-HP:~$ whois wikispooks.com

Domain Name: WIKISPOOKS.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1591113666_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.joker.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.joker.com
    Updated Date: 2022-08-25T08:01:03Z
    Creation Date: 2010-04-01T15:18:34Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2027-04-01T15:18:34Z
    Registrar: CSL Computer Service Langenbach GmbH d/b/a joker.com
    Registrar IANA ID: 113
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +49.21186767447
    Domain Status: clientHold https://icann.org/epp#clientHold
    Name Server: X.NS.JOKER.COM
    Name Server: Y.NS.JOKER.COM
    Name Server: Z.NS.JOKER.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/

>>> Last update of whois database: 2022-08-29T12:42:53Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the registrar’s sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration date of the domain name registrant’s agreement with the sponsoring registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar’s Whois database to view the registrar’s reported date of expiration for this registration.

#87860 Reply
    Clark

Fat Jon:

“the Wikispooks website has been unavailable for a few days now.”

whois output line 5:

Updated Date: 2022-08-25T08:01:03Z

So maybe it went offline on the 25th, Thursday? The regular domain renewal date is April 1, so I don’t see what the update on Aug 25 was for.

#87861 Reply
    Clark

I managed to get the IP address from the nameservers listed in the whois output:

clark@Old-HP:~$ nslookup wikispooks.com - Z.NS.JOKER.COM

Server: Z.NS.JOKER.COM
    Address: 144.217.81.63#53

Name: wikispooks.com
    Address: 198.199.127.59

clark@Old-HP:~$ nslookup wikispooks.com - Y.NS.JOKER.COM

Server: Y.NS.JOKER.COM
    Address: 23.88.49.189#53

clark@Old-HP:~$ nslookup wikispooks.com - X.NS.JOKER.COM

Server: X.NS.JOKER.COM
    Address: 194.245.103.12#53

clark@Old-HP:~$

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by modbot.
    #87868 Reply
    Clark

By adding the line:

198.199.127.59 wikispooks.com

to my /etc/hosts file I can access the site.

According to the main page, the latest edit was on Aug 24. That turns out to be when former diplomat Patrick Haseldine made an edit to his new page about Natalya Vovk. From that page:

“Natalya Pavlovna Vovk (née Shaban) is a Ukrainian national who has been designated as the main suspect of murdering the Russian journalist Darya Dugina on 20 August 2022.”

Incidentally, I see that Patrick Haseldine has been sanitised from Wikipedia.

#87869 Reply
    Clark

Note whois output line 12:

Domain Status: clientHold https://icann.org/epp#clientHold

From the link in that line:

– Client Status Codes are Set by Your Domain’s Registrar

– clientHold – client hold

– This status code tells your domain’s registry to not activate your domain in the DNS and as a consequence, it will not resolve. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.

– Often, this status indicates an issue with your domain that needs resolution. If so, you should contact your registrar to resolve the issue. If your domain does not have any issues, but you need it to resolve, you must first contact your registrar and request that they remove this status code.

#87873 Reply
    Clark

So it looks like Wikispook’s domain registrar CSL Computer Service Langenbach GmbH (joker.com) disabled DNS lookup to the site on Aug 25. The site’s server is up and running but joker.com’s nameservers won’t tell our browsers its IP address.

#87879 Reply
    Fat Jon

@Clark

“By adding the line:
    to my /etc/hosts file I can access the site.”

This didn’t work for me, or at least I saw the page for a split second before it came up with the error ‘page not found message’. I tried various routes through Tor but still no luck.

It would appear that some bullies in their bunkers don’t want us to know that the prime suspect for the murder of Darya Dugina is Ukrainian. We must all love the wonderful law abiding Ukrainians – apparently.

#87883 Reply
    Oscar

On reddit the subject has been discussed but nobody knows anything about it.

If there had been “non-payment” to CSL/Yoker, the hosting would have fallen, not the domain (it can be said that it is a kind of “domain hijacking”).

@Clark
    , as you has said, the three DNS servers do not seem to be responding: two are in Germany (one belongs to CSL -yoker.com- which is the company with which they have the domain and hosting, and the other to Hetzner) and one in Canada (OVH). The address you propose does not correspond to any of these three IPs.

The IP address you propose is from Amsterdam (Netherlands), and it seems to be a MIRROR SITE. As far as I know, we cannot know if this site is reliable and legitimate or not. Could you tell us where you got it from and whether it is reliable?

#87884 Reply
    Oscar

ASSUMING that it really is a mirror site, and is TRUSTWORTHY, we can conclude several things:

(1) The last modification to the wiki before its “disappearance” is an article dedicated to

– Natalya Vovk, “a Ukrainian national who has been designated as the main suspect of murdering the Russian journalist Darya Dugina on 20 August 2022”.

(2) There have been two article modifications on the 29th. This is important: it tooks place ON THAT MIRROR SITE. Again we face the question of whether it is reliable. The articles in question modified ON THAT MIRROR SITE are:

– Darya Dugin, “the daughter of Aleksandr Dugin and, according to the CCM, a journalist for Russian state-sponsored news agencies (…) assassinated in Moscow via a car-bomb or some other incendiary device planted in the Toyota Land Cruiser she had been driving”, and

– Myrotvorets, “a Kyiv-based, allegedly ‘NATO-backed’ (see section Technical aspects) website, that publishes an Ukrainian kill list which contains personal information, including addresses, of people who are considered ‘enemies of Ukraine'”.

I have contacted the site administrator but have not received a reply. We need to know what has happened, if it will be back online and if the address Clark has given us is reliable.

In any case, what seems certain is that we are dealing with an intelligence issue related to the current war in Ukraine.

#87887 Reply
    Oscar

@Clark, I can’t (or don’t know how to) replicate your actions in the command terminal, neither on Linux nor on Windows. There is no way I can get the IP address that everything seems to point to. Could you give me a hand? Thanks.

#87889 Reply
    Clark

Fat Jon:

adding an entry to file /etc/hosts is a trick that works on GNU/Linux systems. It’s still working for me today. I’m using an old version of Ubuntu Studio. If you post what system you’re using I’ll try to figure out why it works only momentarily for you.

TOR can’t help – my success reaching the site shows that internet access to the site has not been restricted or blocked; the site just can’t be looked up by the DNS system, like removing someone’s entry from the telephone directory.

We shouldn’t assume that the Darya Dugina article has necessarily motivated a censorship attempt – though I agree that is likely. But the decision to censor might have been taken weeks or months ago. Or it might be just a screw-up.

#87890 Reply
    Clark

Oscar, just a mo…

#87891 Reply
    Clark

Oscar, please link to the discussion on reddit; maybe copy some of this discussion or post a link to it there.

“If there had been “non-payment” to CSL/Yoker, the hosting would have fallen, not the domain…”

Yes, that’s what I figure too.

#87892 Reply
    Clark

Look again at the output from the command nslookup which I posted above. Here is the first of those requests which I posted:

nslookup wikispooks.com – Z.NS.JOKER.COM

That command instructs the program nslookup to query the nameserver “Z.NS.JOKER.COM” for the IP address of “wikispooks.com”; the dash “-” is part of the command. You can get instructions for nslookup using the following command:

man nslookup

“man” is the command for “manual” ie. the instruction manual.

Joker.com run three nameservers, prefixed X, Y and Z. That’s why I ran the command three times. In each case, the first IP address returned is the IP address of the nameserver, which is why they’re all different. The second IP address is that of the target, in our case wikispooks.com. You can see that all three nameservers responded, and they all returned the same IP address:

That’s where I got the IP address. Possibly Wikispook’s server is in Amsterdam. But it does seem to be the proper site – unless all three of joker.com’s nameservers were changed to point at a mirror, AND the domain was placed in clientHold status to stop it working as well, AND whoever did it left embarrassing information about Ukraine on the copy they made for the mirror.

I’ll now read through the rest of your posts more carefully…

#87894 Reply
    ET

“By adding the line:
    to my /etc/hosts file I can access the site.”

That works for me. Whatever program you are using to open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (i.e. Notepad or a Notepad alternative) must be “run as administrator” and also if you had previously set that file to read only you’d have to change that so it can be saved to.

#87896 Reply
    Clark

Oscar:

what I actually typed at the terminal was:

nslookup wikispooks.com - Z.NS.JOKER.COM

…and pressed the enter key.

clark@Old-HP:~$

…is just the prompt on my system. I used the command three times, once each for Z.NS.JOKER.COM, Y.NS.JOKER.COM and X.NS.JOKER.COM, the addresses for joker.com’s three nameservers. I got these from my original whois command, as seen in my August 29, 13:52 post.

You can get instructions for commands using “man”. For instance, I thought the command I needed was “lookup”, but that does something else. So I tried:

man -k lookup

“-k” means “about” or “apropos”, so the man program looks through the manuals for all the other commands, and displays a summary of all mentions of “lookup”. That enabled me to find the nslookup program, so I looked up how to use it with this command:

man nslookup

Right near the top it tells us:

SYNOPSIS
    nslookup [-option] [name | -] [server]

…and a bit further down, in “ARGUMENTS” it says:

Non-interactive mode is used when the name or Internet address of the host to be looked up is given as the first argument. The optional second argument specifies the host name or address of a name server.

So I see that I actually typed the command wrong – I shouldn’t have included the dash/hyphen/minus sign. But I just ran the commands again without the hyphens and they produced output identical to last time.

I hope that helps!

If you post further queries, please post:

• What you did,
    • What you expected to happen,
    • What actually happened.
    #87900 Reply
    Oscar

Thank you very much for the details, my friend.

I’m sorry I was suspicious, but given the subject matter….

I had been doing it from my main laptop, where I use a VPN. Somehow that fact must have played a part, as I basically wrote

oscar@Oscar:~$ nslookup wikispooks.com X.NS.JOKER.COM

… and literally nothing happened. I tried another computer without VPN and it returned the same as you. By the way I have learned more commands and useful things.

So thank you very, very much also for allowing us to find the key to access the website. 🙂

The domain status is very unusual, what do you think could have happened?

Let’s hope that Wikispooks will be back soon… Anyway, what happened was to be expected.. And what we have left…

Cheer up everyone. We are only drops in a vast ocean… but a multitude of drops can generate real tsunamis.

#87903 Reply
    Oscar
    #87909 Reply
    Clark

Suspicion is entirely justified, always in foreign policy matters but especially now with the war. It’s just important to keep an open mind, especially about precisely what may have been censored. For instance, it may not be the Darya Dugina article at all; that might be just coincidence and the real motivation is something else entirely on the site. Or it might be just the site’s general angle on the war.

“The domain status is very unusual, what do you think could have happened?”

Setting the domain to clientHold status looks to me like a way of censoring the site temporarily without going through legal channels. Wikispooks have paid for their domain registration, and that carries weight in the courts; if joker.com just cancel the registration they’re in breach of contract. From its description from ICANN (see my comment of Aug 29, 15:14), clientHold is usually temporary. Joker.com could just claim that they imposed clientHold because they couldn’t find records of Wikispooks’ payment.
    – – – – – –

On your VPNed laptop, did the prompt get displayed on the next line after you pressed Enter? If not, maybe nslookup went into interactive mode, and was waiting for further input. I’d expect nslookup to produce some output, VPN or none, but I’m not experienced in these things, just winging it.

#87910 Reply
    Clark

Oscar, thanks for the link to the reddit thread.

As it mentions there, there is also wikispooks.org and I just checked, it is still working. So if this is a censorship attempt, it’s highly inept – but then the pro-war parties are bloated and drunk on their own influence.

clark@Old-HP:~$ <code>whois wikispooks.org

Domain Name: wikispooks.org
    Registry Domain ID: a65fa8ed68fb4bea9012977232853ce7-LROR
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.domainmonster.com
    Updated Date: 2022-06-01T23:28:19Z
    Creation Date: 2010-05-27T11:08:13Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2023-05-27T11:08:13Z
    Registrar: Mesh Digital Limited
    Registrar IANA ID: 1390
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +44.1483304030
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Organization: identity-secured.com
    Registrant Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant State/Province:
    Registrant Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Country: GB
    Registrant Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Registrant Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
    Registry Admin ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Admin Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
    Registry Tech ID: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Name: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Organization: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Street: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech City: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech State/Province: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Postal Code: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Country: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Phone: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Phone Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Fax: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Fax Ext: REDACTED FOR PRIVACY
    Tech Email: Please query the RDDS service of the Registrar of Record identified in this output for information on how to contact the Registrant, Admin, or Tech contact of the queried domain name.
    Name Server: ns45.domaincontrol.com
    Name Server: ns46.domaincontrol.com
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2022-08-30T15:45:45Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp

#87911 Reply
    Clark

Different registrar, different nameservers, and not on clientHold status.

Patrick Haseldine seemed to be editing quite busily until wikispooks.com became unavailable. I wonder if he knows that he can access the site via wikispooks.org instead?

#87912 Reply
    Clark

Oops. Me, 16:49

“…there is also wikispooks.org and I just checked, it is still working.”

Wikispooks.org just redirects to wikispooks.com/wiki/Main_Page, so it’s only working for me because of the line I added to my /etc/hosts file.

#87914 Reply
    Clark

I have used the Wikispooks’ “Request account” page/form to try to alert them to the outage. I gave my real e-mail address; the confirmation e-mail had arrived when I checked minutes later, I clicked the confirmation link in the e-mail which led to a confirmation page at wikispooks.com. I’ll post here if I get any e-mail from Wikispooks. Here’s what I wrote:

– PLEASE DO NOT CREATE AN ACCOUNT FOR ME!

– I am merely using this form to contact you. Do you know that the site has become inaccessible? DNS Lookup is failing, see discussion here:

with a link to this page.

#87920 Reply
    Oscar

Regarding my laptop with VPN, as you can see in the following image (i.imgur.com/sMApozN.jpg), absolutely nothing happened and I was returned to the prompt. When I took the screenshot with the three servers I saw that one (the one belonging to CSL/Joker) returned a message and sent me back to the prompt. As I say, the only difference between the computer whose command line returned the same as yours and the one that doesn’t is the use of VPN. I don’t know why (I use Linux but I’m not a “pro”).

Forgive my ignorance, but…. who is Patrick Haseldine? You’ve quoted him a couple of times already… and you said he was active.

I wasn’t a regular visitor to Wikispooks, although I regularly downloaded the latest backup… It’s a repository of information that I was going to start using profusely from September onwards.

I confess too that this is the first time I have visited this website and it was because I was looking for Wikispooks.

Let’s hope to have some answer about what happened soon.

By the way… do you know ISGP (isgp-studies.com)? I don’t share many of the views of the author and webmaster, but it certainly makes an interesting mapping of world power and important issues.

Hopefully the domain will be up and running as soon as possible. Failing that, let’s hope the site stays online and people know how to access it…

Thanks for everything @Clark.

C.

#87923 Reply
    Clark

Oscar, I’m glad to be of help. I deplore censorship – trolls complaining that their ad hominem insults get moderated out suffer from immaturity, not censorship – but getting past internet censorship is particularly rewarding. Decades ago the US government turned to their engineering and technical community and asked them to build a communication system that couldn’t be censored. The techs obliged and did a very good job, and ever since, the US government has been trying to censor it!

Patrick Haseldine worked for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. He was sacked by John Major for writing a letter critical of Margaret Thatcher and her handling of an extradition request for an Irish citizen to face terrorism charges in the UK. Since then he has put a lot of effort into investigating the “Lockerbie bombing”; the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 of December 21, 1988. He has commented at this site many times over the years.

A page on Patrick Haseldine at (link) en-academic.com, whoever they are.

A few mentions of him on the Wikipedia “Pan Am 103 conspiracy theories” page – link

Looking at your screenshot, the nameserver prefixed X twice responded with “connection refused” which, at a guess, may be how it is set to respond to requests made through a VPN. Y and Z presumably sent something back, because something caused nslookup to exit without displaying a message – I’d expect nslookup to hang until timing out if it got no response.

No, I’ve never encountered the ISGP site before. Doesn’t look like my sort of site, to be honest, but I’d object to them being censored, same as anyone else.

#87924 Reply
    D2B

I was playing around and had success with:
    https://198.199.127.59/wiki/User:Patrick_Haseldine
    So the site is still up.

Once in I was able to navigate around the site.

#87925 Reply
    Oscar

Thank you for the clarifications. 🙂

Interestingly I knew Wikispooks existed when ISGP also had alleged censorship problems… and then Wikispooks hosted the ISGP backup.

https://198.199.127.59/wiki/ISGP

Well… hopefully someday we will know what has happened and if there has been censorship, if it has been at the hand of CSL/Joker (German and European jurisdiction) or directly ICANN (US jurisdiction). If it has been from ICANN, freedom of speech and thought on and through the Internet is in danger, almost every website in the world is in danger, with the exception, perhaps, of regional domains….

We will see what happens.

Let’s move on!

Best regards.

#87933 Reply
    Fran Adams

Email received from wikispooks today:

They’ve been temporarily silenced:

“On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, 22:55 Robin, <[email protected]> wrote:

“Dear Wikispooks Patron,

This is to let you know what is happening with the site, since you may have noticed that https://wikispooks.com stopped resolving a few days ago. This is because the domain registrar turned off the DNS after receiving legal threats relating to our Tracy Twyman page. Negotiations are currently ongoing and I hope to have good news soon. In the meantime, here is what you need to know to get round the censorship and access the site: Our IP address is 198.199.127.59 .

1) Add the following two lines to your /etc/hosts file:

198.199.127.59 www.wikispooks.com

2) You can now browse as normal to https://www.wikispooks.com

One plus point from this has been a burst of appreciation for the site. I noticed that Robert Malone mentioned on his blog that we had gone offline. I’d welcome your suggestions for a domain registrar with a track record of resisting censorship, one who is less easily intimidated by legal threats.

Many thanks for you continued Patronage. As I say, I hope to have good news in a day or two, and will keep you updated, d.v.

Robin Upton””

#87939 Reply
    Clark

Fran Adams, thanks.

Tracy Twyman. Hmm. From Wikispooks:

“In 2018??[citation needed] she began to research Isaac Kappy’s claims about paedophilia in Hollywood[2] and was undeterred by his sudden death in May 2019. Two months later, she herself suddenly died. Someone posted a dead man’s switch video on YouTube in which she outlines some of what she uncovered, the FBI’s pronounced lack on interest and the subsequent death threats made against her.”

#87944 Reply
    Oscar

Thank you Fran Adams.

Infomaniak is subject to Swiss jurisdiction, but has no history of “bravery” in the face of power.

Personally, I have all my domains with OVH. They are serious and competent, and once hosted Wikileaks when Amazon kicked them off their servers… It is a company with headquarters in France, but with different sub-subsidiaries, and with clear legal ame technical delimitation between the US and Europe.

It’s a bummer, but I recommend that they consider using another domain that people can easily identify: it could be a regional one like .ch (Switzerland) or .eu (Europe) or some new domain… The EFF published a study on the subject a few years ago.

#87945 Reply
    Oscar

By the way: the registrar and the hosting provider always have to be different to avoid or mitigate such problems.

#87984 Reply
    Patrick Haseldine

Thank you to Clark, D2B, ET, Fat Jon, Fran Adams and Oscar for investigating Wikispooks’ disappearance.

With any luck, WS will be up and running again soon!

#87986 Reply
    Clark

Hello Patrick Haseldine. I wish I’d thought to look at your User page at Wikispooks; I’d have linked to it instead of en-academic.com, which looks like a horribly selective propaganda piece. I didn’t even notice that it was your User page that D2B linked to, or I’d have posted a recommendation. I’ve not been at my best recently and I apologise.

I’m disturbed by the Wikispooks page about covid and the pandemic, which echoes a narrative that has become popular among a vocal minority despite being easily disproved by publicly collated statistics from all over the world. The real scandal and cover-up of covid is, of course, that the US was effectively outsourcing extremely hazardous research to China, to circumvent restrictions in the US and to save money by performing the work under utterly inadequate biosafety conditions. Pretending that the pandemic is insignificant actually serves the agenda of those who would rather we didn’t suspect that it escaped from a US funded programme in a Chinese lab, and thus acts contrary to the objectives of Wikispooks.

I hope Wikispooks gets its domain registration re-enabled soon.

#87988 Reply
    Fat Jon

Quote – Fran Adams @ 31 Aug 2022 at 09:43:

mail received from wikispooks today:

They’ve been temporarily silenced:

“On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, 22:55 Robin, <[email protected]> wrote:

“Dear Wikispooks Patron,

This is to let you know what is happening with the site, since you may have noticed that https://wikispooks.com stopped resolving a few days ago. This is because the domain registrar turned off the DNS after receiving legal threats relating to our Tracy Twyman page. Negotiations are currently ongoing and I hope to have good news soon. In the meantime, here is what you need to know to get round the censorship and access the site: Our IP address is 198.199.127.59 .

1) Add the following two lines to your /etc/hosts file:

2) You can now browse as normal to https://www.wikispooks.com

None of this works for me (Macbook/Safari) although knowing Apple’s brown nosing to the authorities while pretending to be the pinnacle of free internet browsing – I’m not surprised.

#87989 Reply
    Fat Jon

Wow. Thanks Patrick your link is the only thing which works for me.

With any luck, WS will be up and running again soon!

#87999 Reply
    Clark

Fat Jon, a bit of searching has told me that there’s an extra step required for the Mac operating system. After editing and saving /etc/hosts, you need to execute the following command in the terminal to flush the system’s DNS cache:

sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

I got that from this article – iMore – which I found with the following search term:

/etc/hosts in apple

#88003 Reply
    Patrick Haseldine

WS DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM SERVER HAS BEEN CENSORED

This message now heads each Wikispooks page:

Wikispooks.com DNS has been censored! – We are no longer reachable without expert knowledge!

To safeguard your access, add the following line to your hosts file:

Please support our freedom of speech and help create a Streisand Effect by telling your friends about this act of internet censorship.

https://198.199.127.59/wiki/Main_Page

#88007 Reply
    ET

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

That’s the file path in Windows, in which you’ll find the hosts file. Searching “etc\hosts” won’t, on my system, find the file. I had to do an internet search to find its location, so maybe give the full file path in future posts so people can skip that step.

#88030 Reply
    Republicofscotland

Clark read the Pizzagate section.

Tracy Twyman Is Dead

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
Reply To: Wikispooks has vanished
Your information: