Only One Choice and Only for Scotland

by craig on June 5, 2013 10:28 am in Uncategorized

Would you like to be shot with a red gun or blue gun, sir? That is the limit of the choice being offered the UK electorate as New Labour announces it will keep the Coalition public spending plans and the Coalition benefit cuts. Given it will also throw away £100 billion on Trident, and New Labour initiated the rampant privatisation of the Health Service, PFI, Tuition Fees etc., my point could not have been more eloquently proven that the UK electorate is no longer offered any meaningful choice by the neo-con parties.

It also of course demolishes completely the Gordon Brown argument that Scots need to stay in the Union to put New Labour in to power. Who carries out Tory policies is not the question; and why a nation should surrender its freedom just to make sure Ed Balls has a ministerial car and salary while he implements Tory policies, is not a question which to me has an obvious answer.

The only meaningful political choice any part of the UK population will have in the foreseeable future is the Scottish Independence Referendum. If Scots do not take their chance, all they have ahead is economic decline and the collapse of public services. The choice could not be more stark.

1. “Did a big hairy highlander shag you on a trip to Scotland Fred?
    Where does all your bile and hatred come from?”

Oh yes and I suppose you think everyone who supports Palestine got shagged by a big hairy Jew do you?

2. “Oh dear, Suhayl, you’re at it again. In your rushed early morning effort at finding racism, you have overlooked the documentary “Alps Murders” scheduled for broadcast this evening on Channel 4, and articles about the Al Hilli case appearing in the Guardian, Express and Telegraph in recent days.” Giles.

Ah, thanks, Giles. I’ll check them out. I am rushing, always. I hadn’t seen anything appearing about the case recently and was suggesting that ‘ the MSM has become desensitised to the deaths of Arab people.

If I was wrong about all that, then that is good. I’m glad that I was wrong and that my early morning error has facilitated your much-welcomed information oin the matter. Thank you.

3. A racist bastard is a racist bastard as where he was born, I make no distinctions.

I’d already gathered that you had difficulty with distinctions. It must be a terrible handicap.

Hmmm?

Lots of fatties in Yorvik, btw. And quite a lot of them drink too much. Racist? Not if you do it, I think.

4. “Now, if you could return to earth for a second, what’s racist about anything I wrote on the subject? I think an explanation is in order, particularly as the English aren’t a race in the sense legally defined for the purposes of defining racism. And also as I am not sure that calling someone a racist bastard in the absence of strong supporting evidence isn’t contrary to someone’s terms and conditions.”

Like I said, try substituting “Pakistani” for “English” in the statements you make and see if you aren’t termed racist.

So you can say “it’s no vast surprise to me that you are loathed and shunned by decent Scots when you put your blethering neb oot the door.” without any supporting evidence. It was you who started the slander. Whenever anyone tries to point out the facts like why Liverpool is referred to as the North and why some people in England don’t accept Scottish bank notes there are always Nationalist Black Shirts jumping in with the personal attacks.

6 Jun, 2013 - 3:51 pm

I hate lizards.

6. Your amusement value rises by the hour, Fred.

To put it in simple terms for you, and returning gratuitous insult for gratuitous insult – I tried not to, but you obviously want the truth – you are an arsehole. As an English arsehole in Scotland, you are one step below a Scottish arsehole in the scale of repositories for shit, and it is unreasonable to expect that shit will not descend on you. Not because you’re English, but because you’re an arsehole, and a low status arsehole at that. I’ll say that again, because you seem to have trouble reading it: not because you’re English, but because you’re an arsehole.

For Scots arseholes in England, the situation is reversed. You may take some comfort from that. You might even find it better for your blood pressure to return to what I can only assume is your native land (and mine) where you are at least on level terms with English arseholes, such as the ones who go around torching mosques and even the ones who run the country.

Thank you for your attention. It’s been a pleasure.

7. “Your amusement value rises by the hour, Fred.”

I bet you just laughed your socks off when you saw the picture of the girl in Aberdeen.

It’s surprising how often the subject of BBC commentators and Scottish bank notes crops up in discussions like these and I wonder how many Scots would actually have noticed or even cared if it wasn’t for the Nationalist hate mongers repeatedly pointing it out and pretending it implies something it doesn’t.

An irrational resentment stirred up by the Nationalists is no reason for independence, it’s easier to just take away the resentment, explain the true reasons.

But of course that is not what the Nationalist hate mongers want, they want to foster as much hatred and resentment as they can.

8. Rob Royston

6 Jun, 2013 - 4:40 pm

9. @Fred

10. Ipais for some groceries at my local TESCO today with a £20 Scottish banknote. No problem. Point proven methinks ! Now I will go and open that nice bottle of Sancerre.

11. Fred seems to be a typical unionist troll.
    Deliberately confusing civic nationalism with the ethnic variety.
    I wonder how the English SNP MSP’s feel being called racist?
    I’m surprised my English friends still speak to me, what witb me being a Blackshirt.
    You sad little man
    Goodbye.

12. “Bank of England notes are not Legal Tender in Scotland or Northern Ireland, but I’ve never had a shopkeeper quibble about it in either country.
    Now try passing a Scots or Northern Irish note in an English shop. Is it a lack of education or just badness?”

I think I already explained this but I’ll try again.

Bank of England notes are widely circulated in Scotland, every shop keeper knows what they look like. Bank of Scotland notes are not common in many parts of England, few shop keepers know what they look like and there are forgeries about.

If a shop keeper in England doesn’t accept a Scottish £20 note then it isn’t lack of education nor is it badness it is due to a fear of losing £20. It may even be because they have taken a forged note in the past.

I can assure you shop keepers in England like to sell things, they don’t refuse money just for the hell of it.

13. “If you understand so little of Scotland or the Scots what in hell’s name are you doing there?”

Oh I understand all right, I’ve seen it all before.

Only then it wasn’t “they won’t take our bank notes” it was “they come over here taking our jobs”.

14. @Fred

I may be Scots but I haven’t lived there for many years … you won’t be taking any job from me. I don’t have a vote (just before you tell me) but, like most Scots, I feel I have an interest.

My question to you had no racist undertones or hidden meanings, it was exactly what it said. To put it another way, why stay somewhere you apparently dislike, where you don’t understand the country and its people and where you make no effort to do so?

It appears, sadly, that you judge others by your own standards.

15. @Indigo

How do you equate me pointing out the facts about why a few shop keepers in England don’t like taking Scottish bank notes and that it has nothing whatsoever to do with feelings about the country they came from with I don’t like where I live? Did I say I don’t like where I live?

Do you have any evidence that any shop keeper in England ever refused to take a Scottish bank note because they don’t like Scotland? If you do post it because your personal attacks and unfounded allegations add nothing to the debate.

16. Fred = Norsewarrior. Sussed. :-)

Well known troll.

17. Am feeling somewhat depressed. Diagnosis on why I can’t work is a spur growing out of the bottom of my heel. Looks like surgery and a lot more waiting. Meantime I really cannot walk more than a hundred metres. (Doctor says it’s OK to walk, it’s only a pain management issue, but if after a hundred paces you are writhing on the pavement in pain, it doesn’t seem very practical). I don’t know how I am going to manage with that kind of limited mobility.

18. Flaming June

6 Jun, 2013 - 7:27 pm

Special orders from Agent Cameron for the G8 17/18 June?

Irish town erects fake shop fronts for G8 summit http://dangerousminds.net/comments/irish_town_erects_fake_shop_fronts_for_g8_summit_meeting

‘At a former butcher’s shop, stickers applied to the windows show a packed meat counter and give the impression that business is booming. Across the street, another empty unit has been given a makeover to look like a thriving office supply shop.

Locals are unimpressed. “The shop fronts are cosmetic surgery for serious wounds. They are looking after the banks instead of saving good businesses,” said Kevin Maguire, 62, an unemployed man who has lived all his life in Belcoo.’

Laughable but not in the least funny.

{http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0604/454399-g8-fake-shop-fronts/}

19. @ Fred (or, the Biter bit…) :

Skimming over the posts I see you’ve been called, inter alia, a racist, a comic (or clown) and, latterly, a Unionist troll.

Think about it next time you feel like joining the Eminences when they piss on me for a similar offence, won’t you :)

20. Relax Craig for a while. Then seek shockwave therapy – it works and you will need at most about 6 sessions.

21. “Well, Fred, just wondering if you’re enjoying being pissed on by the masses for daring to deviate from the approved line on this issue?”

I’m used to it, been around a long time, got the same back in 2001 for pointing out Afghanistan had nothing to do with 9/11, then again in 2003 for pointing out Iraq didn’t have weapons of mass destruction, been banned from forums for proving that the Arabs aren’t actually pushing Israelis into the sea it’s the opposite.

It’s always the same when you speak the truth not what people want to believe.

22. @ Craig :

Sorry to read that you’re still hurting (more, by the sound of it).

The pain and the late hour may have taken your eye off the ball or led you to an over-condensation because your reply (such as it was) to my question(s) on nationality was simply wrong. Lex sanguinis is very much alive (and not only in Germany, believe me) and your reference to Germany’s immigration laws was irrelevant to my question(s).

But at least you replied – which of course is more than any of the blowhards on this thread did. After all, why think about important practical aspects when they can have much more fun with a bit of mud-slinging?

23. @ Fred :

Just out of curiosity – those weren’t your experiences on this blog, surely? The views you say you held are surely the official views of the Eminences here…?

6 Jun, 2013 - 8:03 pm

That was my thought, Mark. Surgery, especially from a podiatrist, should be avoided. Using sonic waves avoids all that recovery time, and it should be outpatient, as well.

25. I don’t think this blog was around at the time.

Been banned from Scottish forums for my support of Palestine and the pro Israel lot used the exact same tactics as the Nationalists here use.

26. Poor Fred has discovered the hard truth about being a regular – absolute orthodoxy, no deviation from radical left principles. Poor Fred is now a pariah.

Funnily enough, if you’re on the other side of the political spectrum from the regulars, they generally won’t bother you. What they really can’t stand is one of their own deviating from the orthodoxy.

Hence we have Komodo revealing his nasty side, which we all know lies only a quail’s scrape under the surface. But Komodo was himself once found to be deviating from the orthodoxy. Komodo didn’t express any opposition to mass-immigration, he merely questioned whether other regulars would support unlimited mass-immigration. For that he was roundly castigated, for questioning the orthodoxy, and only after a substantial period of exile was he accepted back into the fold.

Let’s allow Fred the opportunity to apologize, to accept that as a racist little Englander he has no business commenting on Scottish nationalism. Let him be violated by a hairy Scotsman for three days hence, make ablutions, and return to this blog a pardoned man.

27. Indigo 4:43 pm:

“@Fred

I’m not sure this comment would be acceptable were it made towards a Pakistani.

Mod/Jon, please delete the offending comment.

28. The last time this came up in such heated form, I asked Fred why he was against Scottish independence.

It’s easy to understand why Scots may want to escape London and its neocon doings.

In many ways of course that was the Irish Republican worry about the partition of Ireland, and so it came to pass.

29. “It’s less easy to see why someone like Fred wants to hold Scots to the Union, unless it’s some belief that the Left will lose power in a much reduced UK.”

Last poll I saw showed that there are about twice as many against independence as for.

I’m on the side of the majority of the people of Scotland.

30. Flaming June

6 Jun, 2013 - 9:04 pm

Bad luck Craig. I hope that whatever treatment is chosen, you will be out of pain.

31. Yes, Fred.

But why are you against independence?

What is it that informs your view?

32. Michael Moore MP and the rest of the feeble-few reveal their most visited link.

‘Freds’ were of course the official name given to members of the UK’s death squads operating in Ireland from the early 1970s.

33. Flaming June

6 Jun, 2013 - 9:27 pm

Anyone else on Yahoo e-mail? Two friends have had their Yahoo e-mail hacked into this week and all their contacts have been sent spam, one plus a Trojan.

Now this tonight. YCNMIU.

‘ Mail Home – Help Can’t talk now. System’s down.
    Sorry for the holdup. Looks like a temporary glitch in our network has part of Yahoo! mail down, so you’re briefly without service. Rest assured the alarms are blaring in the basement and our team is working frantically to get you up and running ASAP. Again, the snag is on our end — so there’s no need for you to do a thing.

Yahoo! Mail Team’

They took on the Marisa Meyer person ex Google who was going to be the saviour.

It could be worse. In the US Verizon are falling in with Obomber.

America’s surveillance state: anger swells after data revelations
    Senior politicians reveal that US counter-terrorism efforts have swept up personal data from American citizens for years

• Revealed: NSA collecting phone records of millions of Verizon customers daily

34. @Giles

I direct you to my comment of 6.13pm

@Fred

“I’ve moved many times in my life … from region to region and sometimes country to country. Each had a different culture or sub-culture. In each there are things you don’t understand … you like … or dislike. You make an effort to understand the culture and the language or dialect in order to play a part in the community in which you live … to be accepted and to accept.

It appears, sadly, that you judge others by your own standards”.

If you can find anything, at all, that is remotely racist in what I’ve said I’ll delete it myself.

6 Jun, 2013 - 10:11 pm

Breaking news of great importance to everyone here and the wider British public.

6 Jun, 2013 - 10:15 pm

Mike cobley
    5 Jun, 2013 – 11:49 am

“…why does no-one talk about the consequences of Scottish independence for the rest of the people of Britain? Without the counterbalance of Scotland, the right and the financial elite will consolidate their grip on power and life outside the southeast will get much worse than it is now.”

I agree there Mike but why should the Scottish people put up with being a “counterbalance” to the rampant greed and power of the financial elite of England?

37. “It surely can’t be just what you claim the majority thinks that moves you, can it. Is that it?”

I think I’ve made it clear why I’m against Nationalism many times. I have stated clearly that I’ve seen the same tactics used before, in places like Bradford in the 1960s for instance.

Take a look at the post below yours where Cryptonym tries to associate me with death squads in Northern Ireland, bully boy tactics from bully boy Nationalists.

What I have said about why Liverpool is called the North and why sometimes Scottish bank notes are not accepted in England is true, that is why I said it, because propagating the myth promotes racial hatred.

Do I need a reason to be against racial hatred?

38. Sorry to hear that you’re in constant pain, Craig. ‘Dr Google’ seems to have provided some useful snippets here

Some info here too

which includes “Icing the area is an effective way to way also helps to get immediate pain relief”

39. Oops, I presume that should be “Icing the area also helps to get immediate pain relief”

40. Fred

I think talking about racial hatred is a bit over the top. Anyone who hates someone based on nationality or race needs to have a serious look at themselves. Scottish dislike of the English is on par with English dislike of the French as I said before. It’s a joke, anyone who physically or verbally attacks anyone simply because of their race or nationality is wrong and any sensible person knows this.

On the other hand in the complicated relationships that exist between countries and governments then the English mentality of saying ‘stay with us you’ll be safer, stronger ,more secure together’ is somewhat similar to the Americans telling the Iraqis or various other countries look how we’ve helped you, you should be thankful.

41. Fred

You don’t like any form of nationalism. That’s fine.

So how might Scotland escape the UK, with your blessing?

6 Jun, 2013 - 11:26 pm

Fred
    5 Jun, 2013 – 12:23 pm

A bit of a rant there Fred on an independent Scotland:

“…they are getting it [independence] foisted on them by a bunch of flag waving fanatics asking us to believe the wankers at Hollyrood are somehow different to the wankers at Westminster.”

Flag-waving fanatics?

The Scottish nationalists are not racist they want independence from the cunts at Westminster and the City of London.

“Scottish politics is rotten to the core…”

Yes it is; as is English politics of course.

But why do you support the status quo which is undoubtedly as corrupt as you say?

An independent Scotland could give the people of that country a chance to change the political system; to demand accountability and transparency; to free themselves from the political clout of the “middle Englanders” and to have a say on an independent foreign policy.

UK politics is England, England, England.

The BBC describes the Kent town of Tunbridge Wells as the “spiritual home” of Middle England.

Readers of The Daily Mail are characterised as being from Middle England, as are members of the Countryside Alliance.

Residents of Middle England are also referred to as the “silent majority” or “moral majority” in the English media.

I’m all for English independence too.

43. “If the English government were truly out to ensure everyone got a fair deal then they would still have their empire but they are not, they simply want control of resources.”

Don’t you mean British government? The government is British, the Empire was British.

44. OK you’re right, so it’s politicians and business that needs to be held accountable which I suppose is an impossible task but I’m still voting for independence and we’ll see what happens.

45. Cabbalfuck

The only person being e-minced round here is you.

46. O/T

U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program

“… The technology companies, which participate knowingly in PRISM operations, include most of the dominant global players of Silicon Valley. They are listed on a roster that bears their logos in order of entry into the program: “Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.” PalTalk, although much smaller, has hosted significant traffic during the Arab Spring and in the ongoing Syrian civil war.

Dropbox , the cloud storage and synchronization service, is described as ‘coming soon’.”

Full text

47. “So how might Scotland escape the UK, with your blessing?”

What on earth are you talking about?

Look nobody needs my blessing for anything, I don’t do blessings OK?

I just tell it how it is.

48. What I’m simply asking you Fred, is why you so much want Scotland to remain within the UK.

49. “OK you’re right, so it’s politicians and business that needs to be held accountable which I suppose is an impossible task but I’m still voting for independence and we’ll see what happens.”

Just so long as people are voting with their heads not their prejudices I’m sure the outcome will be fine.

50. “(Doctor says it’s OK to walk, it’s only a pain management issue, but if after a hundred paces you are writhing on the pavement in pain, it doesn’t seem very practical)”

Get a walking stick. They’re great.

7 Jun, 2013 - 1:48 am

Craig FFS…STOP a while…Feet up NO Nothing..I agree you should try alternative therapies..including Reiki… and the wife would love that too.

Fred

I can’t let you away with forgetting Jon’s Point

Jon

” It seems to me that Scotland escaping London’s orbit is a very good thing. However, my great worry is that it will go the same way as voting reform – state propaganda will be significantly better reflected in the MSM, and the people will vote ‘no’ directly against their own interests. ”

SO that’s Consuming MSM shit… they control the peoples In-take of utter crap / lies ect… if you control, you control, and the sheeple soak it all up… How the fuck is that thinking with their heads, you and some others on this blog wouldn’t have it any other way.

Re you’re earlier ( in the thread ) point about Scots being racist…i have posted about an incident where i was insulted / threatened for wearing the desert scarf on my head… i was advised that if i left the pub ” Abooot 20 people will jump you “… This attitude is almost entirely MSM Political Shit stirring

7 Jun, 2013 - 2:10 am

Any way enough of Fred

I came here tonight after a Fruitless NCL (Noctilucent Clouds) watch – last Thursday / Friday to 0 ; 45 was amazing –

But i wanted to post this,
    My Friends are Fedup with me for fighting with these So called HRW Ziofuckers…

53. I feel compelled to come to the defence of Fred who seems to me to have made a succession of salient points, none of which to my mind have as yet been refuted. Personally I am undecided as to the issue of Scottish independence after having heard persuasive arguments from both sides of the debate.

Sadly, anti-English bigotry and hatred seems to be an ugly by-product of the pro-independence side, and I’ve always felt uneasy about the positions of many of those Scots who espouse overtly nationalist sentiments. It just doesn’t sit easily with me at all.

I think Fred is right to point out that many on the nationalist side are fomenting anti-English hatred. This is a serious issue that has real consequences for English people living in Scotland and cannot, or should not, be brushed under the carpet.

54. Craig,

Your body is telling you something.

After these last 10 years of stress and graft you are more than due,and entitled,to a complete break.

Listen to your body.It doesn’t lie.

55. Daniel: ‘Fred’ hasn’t made a single ‘salient point’ whatsoever, his and your ‘anti-English bigotry’ is entirely a figment of your and his defective imagination, helped along by a malignant press and media with a divisive agenda. Fred is an inept disinformation agent, his pro-Palestinian pretensions are just that, his way to insinuate himself into trust, whereby he can expound on his monomaniacal pet subject, hatred of the Scots, he projects this truly pathological condition by inverting it completely as the Scots being anti-English.

He’s a pitiful specimen, there is no point in anyone here engaging with him, he doesn’t do logic or reason, he’s not here to debate but to poison the debate, sending him to Coventry is all that can be done, he has been banned as he admits above for Trolling of internet sites, particularly those concerned with or discussing Scottish Independence. He simply regurgitates ‘Bitter Together’ talking-points and smear-of-the-day type propaganda.

He works and all but lives in a cubicle next to habbabduk and he smells of wee.

Honestly if you find yourself sympathising with such patent paid propagandist, and a particularly objectionable as well as boring, predictable and so tediously dull one, you are so obviously bereft of all common sense as well as any functioning critical faculties, that anyone would be wasting their time taking you seriously, might even think you a sock-puppet.

56. “..the UK electorate is no longer offered any meaningful choice by the neo-con parties.”

I realised that when Ed Miliband as asked if he is a Zionist. The Labor Party leader replied: “The answer to that is yes, because I consider myself a supporter of Israel…and have huge respect for what Israel does…and I do not support boycotts”

Peter Oborne in UK & Professor Stephen Walt of Harvard University and John Mearsheimer of the University of Chicago, make similar observations when they charge that “the United States (and United Kingdom) has willingly set aside its own security and that of many of its allies in order to advance the interests of Israel. In addition the (US) study accuses the pro-Israeli lobby, particularly AIPAC (and UK ‘friends of Israel’) of manipulating the U.S. (and UK) media, policing academia and silencing critics of Israel by labeling them as anti-Semitic.

I for one am heartily sick of ‘Israel first’ UK Zionists manipulating UK foreign and domestic policies and every single politician other than Liberal MP David Ward ‘willingly and with malice aforethought’ panders to their barbaric policies and actions towards Palestinians and Palestine.

I can reach no other conclusion that this is happening because a) they wont get into UK political life and especially the top hierarchy unless they toe the ‘Israel first’ line and b) as Bliar has proven, the ‘rewards’ after politics for those who comply can be ‘considerable’.

57. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 7:11 am

HM Queen goes solo when opening the £1billion+ !! headquarters of the state broadcaster today.

Milord Patten will be bowing and scraping round her. A year went by while he ignored a report that the digitization project was a failure and another £100m of our money had gone down the drain.

New boy Purnell will probably be in the line up and Yentob too. The latter gets two salaries from the corporation.

See the Medialens Message Board for examples of the BBC’s gross betrayal of truth and of the output of propaganda.

58. “I can’t let you away with forgetting Jon’s Point”

Actually you can’t stop me sunshine, just watch and see.

59. “Daniel: ‘Fred’ hasn’t made a single ‘salient point’ whatsoever, his and your ‘anti-English bigotry’ is entirely a figment of your and his defective imagination, helped along by a malignant press and media with a divisive agenda.”

You’re sounding more like a Zionist every day.

It’s precisely this blind fanatical bigotry which makes me oppose Nationalism.

60. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 7:50 am

Are the employees of Glasgow City Council especially careless?

Glasgow City Council fined £150,000 for loss of unencrypted laptops
    The ICO discovered that a further 74 laptops were missing

Glasgow City Council has been fined £150,000 for the loss of two unencrypted laptops, one of which contained personal details of more than 20,000 people.

The fine was issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.

The ICO discovered that a further 74 unencrypted laptops were missing, six of which were known to be stolen.

61. “Are the employees of Glasgow City Council especially careless?”

The entire Glasgow Council is a bunch of thieves, corrupt to the core, basically an organised crime outfit.

The evidence is overwhelming yet for some reason the Scottish Government keeps blocking investigations.

62. Jimmy Giro “So, how’s Ireland doing these days ?”

Well the North is one sandwich short of a complete basket case in every respect. Have a peep :

Laughable but not in the least funny.

{http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0604/454399-g8-fake-shop-fronts/}

Hopefully, if the Scottish nation votes for independence, both London and the losing minority will respect democracy – and not usurp democracy and force the partition of Scotland against the wishes of the majority. London has form on that front, unfortunately.

63. Craig: “Diagnosis on why I can’t work is a spur growing out of the bottom of my heel.”

That sounds like a half a diagnosis or a label to me rather than why “is a spur growing out of the bottom of my heel”?

I recommend the same standard of probing and asking the right questions, as you display in your blog. I.E. why has your mind-body conspired to grow a spur?

The answer lies in your conditioning and while i hate that term ‘lifestyle’. In listening to your body, yes you need to rest in order not to make it worse. And go further to BALANCE your body and amend your diet drastically and exercise — you can still swim. Judging by your photos, you need to lose 8-12 kilos in a gradual and sustainable way. You might also find all your cardio issues resolving miraculously.

Go to this online resource: http://ayurveda.com/online_resource/index.html and understand the background, figure your own constitution type and follow the ‘food guidelines’.

While we are all very good with our daily external hygiene, in this so-called modern world we neglect our internal hygiene. This then results in dis-ease. Maybe you have hollow legs and the alcohol has decided to go through your legs and settle and attack your feet! Of course i’m speaking metaphorically, but my key point is everything we put into our bodies needs to be done so intelligently, consistent with our unique constitutions. (That is what listening to one’s body means.) If not, excess and undigested material will surely turn into toxins and attack from within. As the body comes back into balance, the dis-ease will automatically reverse itself. The body is a miracle but we don’t see that!

There is also a whole range of very effective herbal medicines, including anti-inflammatory, many of which are fast-acting and will bring your body back into balance. If you wish to follow up on this, let me know.

Finally, a holistic point: if one lives in intelligence (sensitivity) then the body also becomes more sensitive, along with the mind. That is, mind-body are one, whole, indivisible — that is also the shared etymology with the word ‘individual’ — all one.

64. Fred,

Local government in Glasgow has been hideously corrupt my entire lifetime. The entire inherited political culture of Strathclyde is a real problem, and it has decamped into other places like Cumbernauld and Glenrothes, But I have to say that it was very very much a Labour party creation in a climate where they expected to be unchallengeable and unaccountable forever.

65. While we are off topic, which country has more journalists in jail than China?
    “More journalists are in jail in Turkey than in China.”

Also, “A World Press Freedom Index published by Reporters Without Borders, an advocacy group based in Paris, ranks Turkey a lowly 154th among 179 nations.”

I thought this worth highlighting not only because of Turkeys geopolitical significance vis a vis Syria, Israel, the Near/Middle East in general but also because of the threat to its democratic status as a Muslim people.

66. After listening to a report on radio 4, saying that young people are most likely to vote against Independence, most likely because they are so well informed about the latest I-phone….. would it be not a good idea to induce and inundate this years Doune the Rabbit Hole fair with the ideas/plans of their future, speak up of the vast advantages,
    the Citizens rights Scots people will have, they will won’t they?
    what it would mean for the old an infirm, not just the earning majority,
    what will happen to the BBC in Scotland?
    what arrangements are made to enable education, still allow a free and easy access to each others universities,
    in short, inform young people of the plans.

Without speaking up for their rights and what makes them tick, this vote might go awry.

67. Heard on BBC QT last night that QT next week will be coming from Edinburgh, and that the audience will be composed entirely of 16-17 year olds.

68. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 10:24 am

Agent Cameron is in Stirling speaking to the Scottish Tories. Very earnest. ‘We must keep the Union together. It’s in here – in our hearts’ as he pats his chest in the area where he thinks his heart is.

More and more he resembles the persona in the cartoons by Steve Bell.

Note the state broadcaster put out his garbage as ‘news’ at 00.45 this morning. ie they printed a No 10 press release.

7 June 2013 Last updated at 00:45
    Scottish Tory Party conference: PM says Scotland’s future is in UK
    Scottish Conservative Party conference: David Cameron addresses delegates

Continue reading the main story
    Related Stories
    Cameron praises Scots defence work
    UK gives Scots ‘best of both worlds’
    Ruth Davidson answers your questions

Prime Minister David Cameron will tell the Conservative Party faithful that Scotland should face the future as part of a United Kingdom.

Members of the Scottish Tories are holding their two-day annual conference in Stirling.

UK leader Mr Cameron will address delegates later.

He is expected to say that Britain is: “Proud in our individual identities – but working together for a common good.”

69. Dreolin, 11.46pm

Full text

Wouldn’t it be nice if that was finally the wake-up call? Some people have been shouting about it for quite a long time…

That was a part of the conversation that got picked up and reported (negatively, mostly) in the MSM. I guess you could tweet this link at people in London’s liberal-journo circle jerk all day long and they still wouldn’t realise how far behind the curve they are. (Assange/Schmidt conversation took place June 2011).

This is also well worth a read:

70. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 10:30 am

The illegal surveillance and tapping were not ‘reprehensible’, the ‘revelations’ were. So says the well named Clapper.

US spy chief Clapper defends Prism and phone surveillance
    Mr Clapper said there were “numerous inaccuracies” in the report on internet servers being tapped

US spy chief James Clapper has strongly defended government surveillance programmes after revelations of phone records being collected and internet servers being tapped.

He said disclosure of a secret court document on phone record collection threatened “irreversible harm”.

Revelations of an alleged programme to tap into servers of nine internet firms were “reprehensible”, he said.

71. And more on PRISM/NSA shennanigans:

Assange 1 year ago: #Assange on mass #surveillance: ‘You are all screwed!’

And more:

Background to PRISM/NSA spying story: part1: http://assange.rt.com/cypherpunks-episode-eight-full-version-pt1/

part2: http://assange.rt.com/cypherpunks-episode-eight-full-version-pt2/

book: http://www.orbooks.com/catalog/cypherpunks/

72. “It is a sad truth I have observed among the political classes worldwide, that when a corrupt hegemony is kicked out, the political class of the new leadership have as a primary concern how to get their own noses in the trough, rather than how to remove the trough. Few exceptions.”

It isn’t so much a problem as what their noses get into as what gets into their noses so they say.

73. “This is also well worth a read:

Yes, Arbed, thanks. I read Julian.
    I also listened to him a long time ago when he said “they” had a backdoor into Facebook and I got off it.

The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. I do NOT live under the jurisdiction of the USA, despite what they might like to think. F them.

But we have a Gov’t that is every bit as sycophanctic and obsequious to the USA as the UK one.

74. “The book proselytizes the role of technology in reshaping the world’s people and nations into likenesses of the world’s dominant superpower, whether they want to be reshaped or not.”

and these same people will ram the words “freedom” and “democracy” down our throats — as if we had never heard of them, other than in an American context. I say again, F them. They are almighty hypocrites.

75. Fred,
    If you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious too about what Herbie wrote,

“why you so much want Scotland to remain within the UK.”?

76. This is fucked up in so many ways, in this relentless, continual, drip feed of inciting hatred against all things “Islamic/Muslim” (perceived to be). The words “Mask”, “Balaclava”, “stockings”, are no longer in use. The headline chooses to use “burkas” (plural) in a sinister fashion, to further demonise the “Muslims” by associating “burka” and “robbery”. Will this relentless, and constant tsunami of hate ever end?

‘Men dressed in burkas’ in ‘smash and grab’

77. Twitter is interesting this morning

Mahwish ZK @MahwishKD

“They quite literally can watch your ideas form as you type,” an #NSA agent told @washingtonpost of #PRISM

78. “Fred,
    If you don’t mind me asking, I’m curious too about what Herbie wrote,”

Actually I do mind all the strawman arguments.

I don’t ask those supporting Palestine why they hate Jews so much now do I?

79. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 12:39 pm

Agent Cameron is attending the Bilderberg meeting this evening to receive instructions.

Not kidding.

Just came in. Incontinence pads are needed urgently in Broadcasting House, Portland Place. An hour after the Queen visited, they are still wetting themselves from the excitement, especially the News Channel presenters.

In Rangoon, there is another big meet which B.Liar is attending. The World Economic Forum. All these gatherings. What’s going on? Plans for more armed thefts of resources?

80. As per Dreoilin’s and Arbed’s comments –

81. Anyone else wondering if Prince Phillip intentionally missed the visit to Broadcasting House today? Seems to be no reason he couldn’t have entered hospital after touring the BBC today from the information we’ve been given.

82. Alan Campbell

7 Jun, 2013 - 1:14 pm

I wonder who Craig will blame when Scotland votes “No”? The CIA and/ or the BBC?

83. Completely O/T, but hot news for those who are interested in the attempted extradition of Julian Assange for conspiracy to commit journalism.

From the Oh-Oh Dept:

Sofia Wilen’s new lawyer – yes, the one who’s been issuing statements demanding Sweden exert pressure on Ecuador to relinquish a political refugee for questioning in solitary confinement in Sweden – is Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfelt’s family lawyer:

Also off-topic, though topical, I love all these articles on the NSA/PRISM story stating that because these particular leaks came to traditional journalists, Wikileaks is now completely irrelevant. It’s almost as if they’d never heard of these:

http://wikileaks.org/the-spyfiles.html (published 1 December 2011)

84. Flaming June

7 Jun, 2013 - 1:48 pm

Today, Friday 7th June, the Global March to Jerusalem is taking place.

~~
    Searching for Dignity in Occupied East Jerusalem
    Marching to Jerusalem
    by SARAH MARUSEK

46 years ago this month, Israel seized East Jerusalem, the home of many significant holy sites for Muslims, Christians and Jews, as well as the proposed capital for any future Palestinian state. Since then, Israel has increasingly undertaken measures, particularly the placing of restrictions on Palestinian movement, the construction of a separation wall, the confiscation of Palestinian land, and the building of Jewish-only settlements, that are threatening to push out the Palestinian presence in Jerusalem entirely.

Indeed, according to a report issued last December by the International Crisis Group, Jerusalem “no longer is the city it was” even “in 2000, when Israelis and Palestinians first negotiated its fate.” And this was the case despite the fact that many countries and international institutions have frequently criticized the Israeli occupation of East Jerusalem, and the UN has deemed some of the above measures against international law.

In the absence of any international effort to actually stop Israel’s attempt to “change facts on the ground” in the holy city, and during a time when Palestinians are once again increasingly mobilizing through nonviolent political actions, such as the recent mass prisoner hunger strikes, weekly demonstrations against the separation wall, and the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign, many thousands of Palestinians are mobilizing today in a Global March to Jerusalem to draw attention to the continued violations against East Jerusalem and its people. Palestinians will assemble in Beit Hanoun, the nearest point possible to Jerusalem in Gaza, to hold a peaceful rally, and nonviolent demonstrations will also take place in Jerusalem and throughout the West Bank, as well as in Cairo, the Jordan Valley, and many major cities around the world.

85. Divide and rule – Oh look there is a squirrel – keep looking while we poison Syria.

Anti-EDL bomb plot ‘a reaction to calculated insults’

86. Something quite like this actually happened

newspapers and broadcasters in China suddenly start to denounce the British Government.

They call it a ‘regime’. They say that its treatment of its Muslim minority is cruel and unjust.

Soon, their views are echoed by the Chinese foreign minister, who in a speech at the United Nations says that Britain’s treatment of its minorities is a disgrace, and calls for sanctions against this country.

The Chinese ambassador turns up as an ‘observer’ at an Islamist demonstration in Birmingham. Some protesters are injured. Carefully-edited footage of the occasion is shown on global TV stations, in which the police are made to look brutal and the provocations against them are not shown.

To find Peter Hitchens is to the left of the current bunch of showers in charge, is this a sign of end times? Not bloody likely, just another indicator of how far down the fascist shitter we have descended to.

NSA is doing what SS-Reichssicherheitshauptamt dreamt of, and never managed! the rest of the toadies in the relevant satellite countries are too busy introducing laws to make snooping on all the citizens, at all times, a lawful measure.

87. pictishbeastie

7 Jun, 2013 - 4:07 pm

Fred! Choob! ROTFLMAO!

88. “I don’t ask those supporting Palestine why they hate Jews so much now do I?”

Fred, I didn’t ask you when you stopped beating your wife, or if, or why, you hated anyone. I only asked,

“why you so much want Scotland to remain within the UK”?

89. Whether Scotland leaves the Union or not, let’s hope educatiom North of the borderleads the way for improved awareness for health care for the individual and society; both physical and mental health care.

On a personal note this awareness is key to realise dreams in a essentialy material based reality.

Chip away and the stone sharpens!

90. Pictishbeastie –

Please don’t be too hard on my Fred. He hasn’t been the same since he fell off his bicycle in the fast lane of the M6. And he flushes the pills he’s been given down the lavatory. Doctor MacKenzie suggested we section him, but he never listens to Scottish people and won’t let us either. Which is why he’s doing so well at the DSS in Maryhill, where he works.

91. Thanks for the link, Jemand.

92. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!)

7 Jun, 2013 - 4:32 pm

@ Dreoilin and Fred

@Dreoilin :

“I don’t ask those supporting Palestine why they hate Jews so much now do I?”

“why you so much want Scotland to remain within the UK”?
    _________

I think that Fred is entitled not to have to answer that question. This is not about Fred’s wishes or the reasons for them but about a political issue; what should be looked at (and if necessary disputed) are Fred’s arguments and points, not his personal motivation(s).

@ Fred

So far the ‘opposition’ has hardly laid a glove on you. But keep off the swearing and cussing, your arguments and points are good enough not to need them

93. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!)

7 Jun, 2013 - 4:34 pm

And could April Showers please stop posting comments and news feeds which have really nothing to do with the subject of this thread?

The discussion is a good one and I for one don’t like to see the Old Biddy going around disrupting and diverting!

(Today’s obsession : “Agent” Cameron).

7 Jun, 2013 - 4:36 pm

Craig is indisposed but this would get his attention……PRISM

The only question I have is how did it get leaked to Greenwald, in this atmosphere of NO LEAKS, or else !?

Could be an OP against POTUS by the anti-Obama spooks.

95. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella!)

7 Jun, 2013 - 4:36 pm

“Frederika” = “Sophie” = “Kibo” ?

Moderator, please check.

96. Watching you, listening to you, and reading you

U.S., British intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program

The National Security Agency and the FBI are tapping directly into the central servers of nine leading U.S. Internet companies, extracting audio and video chats, photographs, e-mails, documents, and connection logs that enable analysts to track foreign targets, according to a top-secret document obtained by The Washington Post.

97. “why you so much want Scotland to remain within the UK”?

I haven’t said I did.

I’m opposed to Nationalism, whether it’s Scottish Nationalism, British Nationalism or Zionism. I’m opposed to the propagation of Nationalist myths designed to incite hatred.

I said what I wanted to say regarding Scottish bank notes, I didn’t say anything about desperately wanting Scotland to remain in the UK.

98. I do believe that Charles and Camilla, self-styled ‘royalty’ will be just north of the border one last time, in the coming days, descending upon us by helicopter, to gladhand and to rally the ancient orders of common land thieves, delivering weapons for the coming propaganda battle, before heading off to one of their sunnier ‘possessions’ in the Caribbean.

99. Is Lord Fffffouks, i mean Fred, opposed to Palestinian and Irish Nationalism?