Cui Bono?

by craig on June 17, 2014 8:18 pm in Uncategorized

Brazilian crowd whiter than a Broederbond meeting. Hard to enjoy the match without thinking of the 25 billion dollars squandered on the tournament by the Brazilian government – and plainly attendance is restricted to rich white people.

1. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 10:45 am

I think she probably supports Arsenical. Certainly not Queen of the South.

2. Italy, then Uruguay, then Costa Rica, then loses interest.

3. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 10:58 am

Mary. 9 41am

Great cartoon!

RD. 9 27 and 9 47am

A very good morning to you.

I’ve been called many names but the only other person to have called me otiose, ever is Dad. Thanks!

Is the old fool dragging you off to his debating classes too? Re Lesson 89. I don’t think that was for you, but as they say, God loves a tryer.

As for my “little game” and your grand challenge, “Perhaps you point out what violence was occurring in Eastern Ukraine BEFORE the arrival of the little green men from Russia and Putin’s Chechen puppet, or the tanks, armoured troop carriers, SAM missiles etc. Only the otiose would expect no action in response from the Ukrainian govt to such a covert intervention.”

So, are you really trying to suggest that the US sponsored slaughter in Eastern Ukraine by Right Sector Neanderthal Guard, mercenaries, oligarch funded private gangs, and those elements of the Ukrainian Army who can be fooled or threatened into action is simply a defensive response to “Putins game”?

In your narrative it seems you can’t spit in Novorussia without hitting one, but, so far the Nuland Junta has not been able to capture a single “little green man” to parade before the cameras.

All I can say is thanks Uncle Vlad. You are a mighty clever man.

Maybe the EU should wake up and join the EaEU instead of being the puppet of a bankrupt pathalogically violent and terminally declining US empire.

In the meantime I take my hat off to the Russian people for their restraint in the face of the disgusting attempt to terrorise and demonise their brothers and sisters in Ukraine. If Americans were undergoing an onslaught like that another Lybia-style blitzkrieg would have already happened and you know it.

Remember, Russian people play chess in the street and have seen off two of the Europe’s greatest armies. When was the last time the US really won a war?

Here’s another “disgusting website” explaining why Banderites like Yatsenyuk ae not very nice. Enjoy, but keep your blood-pressure pills handy!

BTW. I couldn’t be bothered to find out what Dad’s mumbling or why you agree with it.

4. R2D2

‘le football’ is a beautiful game using physical and mental skill but which is now in the hands of corrupt owners and managed by a corrupt international federation.

No club supported.

I love my country.

Do one why don’t you.

5. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 11:03 am

Oops!

Banderites like Yatsenyuk not very nice link here…

6. Interesting to see the fruity ‘Moonofalabama’ on Sofia’s reading list. So high up there with Aangirfan in the crackers stakes that even the blog intellect, Comrade K*modo, denounced it the other day, and we know how you hang on to his every utterance, Sofia, like a young Ed Miliband listening intently under his father’s table. I will ask the great educator to issue a further edict on Monday once he has finished his weekly period of solitude and contemplation, and see if he will guide you towards more suitable readings.

7. Mental exercise for Resident Dissident

Think of someone/something.
    Is she/he it perfect?
    Do you hate he/she/it for not being perfect?
    There you go then.

8. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 11:20 am

“Remember, Russian people play chess in the street and have seen off two of the Europe’s greatest armies. ”

Remember half my family is Russian – you are confusing the Russians with the Putin regime just like your forbears confused them with that of Stalin. I notice how it is now Uncle Vlad who has replaced your previous Uncle.

You have still not provided the evidence requested or corrected your dreadful smear of Yatsenyuk.

We all know your game – Vineyard Saker has told us what its is.

9. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 11:30 am

And to be honest Sofia – although you see many chessboards in public parks in Russia nowadays it is increasingly rare to see anyone playing at them.

10. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 11:45 am

RD.

That’s because they’re all driving tnks in Donetsk.

11. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 11:52 am

And the rest of them are driving tanks!

12. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 12:34 pm

“Interesting to see the fruity ‘Moonofalabama’ on Sofia’s reading list. So high up there with Aangirfan in the crackers stakes that even the blog intellect, Comrade K*modo, denounced it the other day, and we know how you hang on to his every utterance, Sofia, like a young Ed Miliband listening intently under his father’s table. I will ask the great educator to issue a further edict on Monday once he has finished his weekly period of solitude and contemplation, and see if he will guide you towards more suitable readings.

You see the trick is to link to sites not openly anti-Semitic, but suggestively so. Ones which talk of “Zionist-controlled”, not “Jewish-controlled”. Anyway, the Wise One will show you.”
    _________________

Excellent post, Anon! You have captured the essence (or as General Jack D. Ripper might have put it, “the body fluids”) of Captain Commode and the Middle Aged Celtic Poetaster perfectly.

********************

I note, en passant, a certain agitation in the Middle Aged Celtic Poetaster’s latest comments – did Resident Dissident get under his skin THAT MUCH? :)

13. Anon
    “I normally skip past Rehmat’s posts”

Really, you trolls skip past the commonsense and concentrate on supporting one sausage short of a picnic habbatroll?

14. “Remember half my family is Russian –”

I recall some debate between myself and both you and ESLO about Russian and Russian family connections which was one of the things that first aroused my suspicion.

“I’m not sure if your useful idiot classes reached that level of duplicity however.”

My useful idiot classes helped expose you and your other identity as being the same person when you mistakenly answered for one another, not the first time you had been exposed. I can find no greater example of duplicity. Ergo:

“Your lying and propaganda techniques have been thoroughly exposed – an apology is now well overdue.”

15. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 1:23 pm

Mr Goss

You once assured us that you are not, and have never been, a member of the Communist Party.

But you are obviously – and I don’t think you’d deny it – an example of what Orwell called “transferred nationalism”. In your case this consists in finding no good in anything your own country (and, by extension, the West/USA) does and no evil in anything Russia does. Now transferred nationalists are quite common on this blog, but somewhat rarer in the real world.

In the spirit of scientific enquiry (if you will),I am genuinely interested in the processes and life events that turned you into a transferred nationalist of this kind. Would you consider sharing with us?

16. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 1:26 pm

RD and Anon

When the denunciations of Moonofalabama started I have to admit my heart sank and I thought I must have made another monumental cock-up.

I was already planning how to lie my way out of it with some cock and bull story about Jemand and hoods and stuff.

But with uncharacteristic thoroughness I thought I’d check out the “disgusting” site I’d found in the small hours with a search for “Yatsenyuk + sub-human”.

Here’s the homepage, http://www.moonofalabama.org/

Can anyone tell me what all the fuss was about?

So Jemand is in the clear and I’ll swim off happily down my sewer.

My (stolen) parting shot is this.

“I deny the allegation and I resent the aligator.”

17. Ben

Deep state, yes, Gladio, yes, but what is all this leading to?

Israel lost the temple of Solomon because of their practise of black magic and blood-sacrifice, They had got into Demeter worship and fertility rites. Not good for the keepers of the religion of the One God.

Later they rebuilt it again on the back of import-export over their little tract of land between the Persian Gulf and the Mediterranean. And Jesus peace be upon him was around at the time and he called them back from their repeat of practising the polytheism of their contacts, the Romans and Indians. The temple was destroyed again.

So what can possibly be scary about deep state and Gladio when Allah consistently destroys the pathetic achievements of those who do not worship Him? The Western world is still on the brink of economic extinction because they have no solution to their economic problems other than to borrow from the countries who make things. Cameron has borrowed twice what Gordon Brown had borrowed, but the Zionist Banksters wanted a Tory party to return.

Every single sausage of what you said to your partner in bed has been recorded by GCHQ but they are not going to use it against themeir own people. They are going to try to pretend that only you naughty bloggers possess what my father used to call ‘nasty human passions’.

The internet has destroyed that power. We no know that the UK created the trouble in Northern Ireland, or that Cameron sent his snipers to start the war in Syria for Al Qaida. No amount of handwringing will result in anything but ” pull the other one – it;s got bells on/

Governments were stupid enough to think that new technology would only be harnessed by themselves. Muazzam Begg went to Syria to gain evidence against our governments Rendition program. He is in prison but the whole world knows that the UK paid Assad to torture Muslims. Alhamdullilah the bread and circuses of the world cup have failed to deliver the distraction from the painful truth that USUKIS have an agenda against Islam, even down to fabricating an alternative Islam under our noses in Al Qaida.

We are not talking about the 19th Century, we are talking about now and the whole plan is totally exposed!

18. Yes indeed Dreoilin RIP Gerry Conlon to whom and to others this state was exceedingly cruel. His life has been foreshortened without a doubt. Imagine spending all those years in jail for something you had not done.

A long time after the event, I happened to come across one of the Surrey police involved. He is no longer alive. Ex military and I had a confession about what went on. It still haunts me and I wish I has been told.

If it had not been for a decent man, Alistair Logan, a solicitor, those people would still be languishing in jail, or even hung if the death penalty had still existed, such was the determination of HMG to go after the Four. Then there were the Maguire Seven and the Birmingham Six. What a catalogue of injustices.

November 1993
    A sewer runs through it
    Alastair Logan on British Justice

Wilson PM at the time is buried in St Mary’s on the Isles of Scilly. I saw his grave a few years back.

(Tempus Imperator Rerum)’Time commands all things’. Indeed. How true.

19. …I wish I had not been told….

20. Habbatsausageroll

‘transferred nationalism’ cross=dressing in plain English. You can talk! Underneath your Union Flag shorts and grimy string vest you’ve got your Zionist shorts. Specially designed with a hole in the front and the back for easy access to brown nose Israel.

21. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 1:43 pm

“In the meantime I take my hat off to the Russian people for their restraint in the face of the disgusting attempt to terrorise and demonise their brothers and sisters in Ukraine.”
    ________________________

Wow, Resident Dissident’s comments must REALLY have got under the Middle Aged Celtic Poetaster’s skin.

Why, he’ll be saying “Sirs, I salute your courage, your strength, your indefatigability” next! :)

22. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 1:47 pm

“My (stolen) parting shot is this.

“I deny the allegation and I resent the aligator.””
    _____________________

Such insouciance!

Reminds one of the insouciance shown by the Middle Aged Celtic Poetaster when he was caught out sock-puppeting many moons ago.

23. I have been looking back at Craig’s first posts on this blog.
    This is his first post.
    followed by http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2005/02/the_guardia_for/
    Feb 2005

For 8 years, it has mainly been a litany of the evil actions and wickedness performed by different states and their leaders and of the injustices that ensued.

There are obviously lighter pieces throughout the years as well.

Well done Craig.

24. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:10 pm

““Interesting to see the fruity ‘Moonofalabama’ on Sofia’s reading list. So high up there with Aangirfan in the crackers stakes that even the blog intellect, Comrade K*modo, denounced it the other day,”

Yeah, Ba’al forgot, since he was engaged with your missives, to actually read the link before doing so. He promptly reversed himself, however we don’t expect you to read anything which disturbs your bubble-blowing. so there’s that.

25. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:12 pm

26. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:15 pm

Sofia

The fuss is about yoor link to here

Which then directly links to here (link already posted) http://www.moonofalabama.org/images4/subhumans.jpg

Which makes it clear that Yatsenyuk was not labelling all Russians as sub-humans – before making such allegations you should check their sources rather than relying on their dubious authority. An apology on your part for spreading the smear is now well overdue.

As for Mr Goss – I know where my family come from – so please stop using your pathetic smear tactics to avoid answering the original challenge. If you are not careful I will start to employ your tactics of playing the man rather than the ball – my guess is that you will not find it at all pleasant.

27. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:18 pm

“Eminently predictable, RD is the dog who is compelled to return to his own vomit.”

Not as eminently predictable as yourself I’m afraid. Don’t you think that the smear against Yatsenyuk should be corrected – or just covered up by further smears against myself?

28. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:23 pm

“So what can possibly be scary about deep state and Gladio when Allah consistently destroys the pathetic achievements of those who do not worship Him? ”

Oddly enough, Jews and Muslims have the same roots in Abraham, and their Yahweh?Allah has greater animosity for the hypocrites who claim allegiance, than he does for streetwalkers and tax collectors who make no claims on his promises. That same deity has no interest in politics, but he does enjoy watching them make plans. They propose, he disposes.

29. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:32 pm

” Don’t you think that the smear against Yatsenyuk should be corrected ”

I find it entertaining that your paternal instincts explode in his defense. Many of us have repeatedly expressed our disdain for Putin, but Yats is enveloped in a heavenly nimbus of sainthood like a holy relic from your perspective.

30. Habbabkuk (La vita è bella) !

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:38 pm

California Ben

“Many of us have repeatedly expressed our disdain for Putin,..”

________________________-

I bet you couldn’t keep a straight face when you scribbled that, Ben. :)

31. As this thread IS about football, and England have sadly exited early from the world cup, it seems that the country is now directing its interest elsewhere:

Yes, it is very sad that tens of thousands are marching in London today and only RT seems to be reporting it properly.

32. “Many of us have repeatedly expressed our disdain for Putin,..”

No you haven’t.

Habbabkuk – I bet you he did. That Californian sensimilla just isn’t what it was.

33. Yes, Habby, I agree with you that the #SackBlair petition needs many (many, many…) more signatures. Thank you for helping to bring it to Craig’s readers’ attention!

34. Get back your goat!

Try Habbabreak Today!

Now comes with logo and anti-copyright notice as standard

35. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 2:59 pm

“No you haven’t.”

Further demonstrating the research skills of our trolls.

36. Peacewisher – of course RT is reporting it because it reports everything negative about Britain and nothing negative about Russia. To the rest of us it’s just a non-event organised and attended by the usual feckless left-wing career protesters (Clare Solomon, Stop the War etc.). I see multi-millionaire revoloutionary and blog favourite Russell Brand is tagging along this time.

“Anti-austerity” by definition means more givernment spending and more debt, the very last things this country needs.

37. Why isn’t BBC reporting it, Anon? You know and I know why. But what surprises me is that you seem to condone this lack of democracy.

38. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:10 pm

““Anti-austerity” by definition means more givernment spending and more debt, the very last things this country needs”

What? An opinion expressed which actually resembles an argument? What’s becoming of our trolls?

I suppose austerity is a good thing. It’s worked so well in Japan and Greece for the oligarchs who barely feel a pinch, but the masses must endure skull-crushing negatives without complaint. Not a good point. But it is a point of view.

39. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:13 pm

Why isn’t BBC reporting it, Anon?

Because it doesn’t tend to give live coverage to demos unless they erupt in violence or – if it was of any size and the speakers at the rally say something of interest then I’m sure it will be reported. It was in the Evening Standard last night.

40. Afrend – get a life mate, nobody bothers with your “Habbabreak” cop out and even the handful who have downloaded it usually leave it off because they can’t help themselves. People tend to want to read what’s said about them and for that reason it’s a non-starter.

Apart from that you’re also beginning to come across as a little obsessive.

41. @Anon: Just because someone has a bit a money, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t have a social conscience. And thank goodness for RT for showing it as it is (backed up by numerous tweets). BBC reporting of the last demonstration just focussed on a few troublemakers; this time perhaps a negative message couldn’t be found so it was disregarded. How disgraceful!!

And RT also reporting on neo-Nazi hooligans in Russian football so can’t be accused of feathering its own nest, as you suggest.

42. Peacewisher. You are spot on. It is not being reported on Sky or ZBC. That would be a directive coming from Whitehall to the state propaganda machine.

Don’t waste your energy with the trolls. It’s too hot. I feel sorry for those of our fellow citizens marching in Central London. It is 25C and the humidity is 50%.

But some can soar away above the clouds.

A nice 32nd birthday present from his Granny.

PS Why did four Apache helicopter gun ships go overhead eastwards yesterday? I am used to seeing Chinooks from Middle Wallop but never Apaches.

43. @RD: Exactly! Glad we agree. :)

Anon, why so negative?

44. The heat is getting to the trolls I see. Funny how they come one by one to form a small pack.

45. 25 degrees or not, Mary, I wish I was there!

46. “Why isn’t BBC reporting it, Anon?”

Because more people are interested in the cricket than the latest protest by a bunch of ageing students marching around London for the 100th time.

I used to see Clare at London University meetings. Nice enough person but I think it was 14 years at that time she had managed to remain a student. She even blagged herself a penthouse flat in the old Oxo building. I don’t think she’s ever worked for a living.

47. “I feel sorry for those of our fellow citizens marching in Central London. It is 25C and the humidity is 50%.”

That’s what we got the water cannon for. 😀

48. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:29 pm

What exactly does ‘no boots on the ground’ mean to this administration? And that word ‘interference’ must also have a very ‘special’ interpretation.

This lack of self-awareness of U.S. functionaries is embarressing:

Iran has sent “small numbers” of operatives into Iraq to bolster the Shiite-led government in Baghdad, but there is no sign of a large deployment of army units, the Pentagon said Friday.

“There are some Iranian revolutionary operatives in Iraq but I’ve seen no indication of ground forces or major units,” [Pentagon spokesman Admiral John] Kirby told a news conference, apparently referring to Tehran’s Quds force, the covert arm of the Revolutionary Guard Corps.

“Their interference in Iraq is nothing new,” Kirby said.

President Barack Obama announced Thursday plans to send up to 300 US military advisers to Iraq but stopped short of ordering air strikes against ISIL forces, though he left the door open to that possibility.

49. The main reason the mass media doesn’t cover demonstrations (under protest… pardon the pun) until afterwards, is that it might encourage more to join them. God forbid that the people may be encouraged to exercise their democratic right!

50. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:29 pm

“Why did four Apache helicopter gun ships go overhead eastwards yesterday? I am used to seeing Chinooks from Middle Wallop but never Apaches.”

To crush an uprising by the Peoples Front of Reigate – why else?

51. That’s better, Anon :)

Remember… It’s Boris first!

52. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:33 pm

Believe it or not Peacewisher – I do not believe that it is the role of the supposedly neutral BBC to give advance publicity to demonstrations however good the cause – lets leave that sort of thing to totalitarian states.

53. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:36 pm

The heat is getting to the trolls I see.

Unlikely I would say given the climate in Tel Aviv!

54. “To crush an uprising by the Peoples Front of Reigate – why else?”

Lol. Are you sure the mission isn’t against the Godalming Friends of Palestine, by order of Agent Cameron himself? The ZBC isn’t reporting it.

55. We have air-con in Haifa.

56. “The main reason the mass media doesn’t cover demonstrations (under protest… pardon the pun) until afterwards, is that it might encourage more to join them. God forbid that the people may be encouraged to exercise their democratic right!”

I think people are more interested in going to the beach.

57. Anon 21 Jun, 2014 – 3:04 pm

“of course RT is reporting it because it reports everything negative about Britain and nothing negative about Russia. To the rest of us [the anti-austerity march attended by thousands] is just a non-event organised and attended by the usual feckless left-wing career protesters”

The British media choose to treat it as a non-event, and they choose to treat the events below as though they are important.

Here’s the first few results from putting “protest march london” into the BBC News website search box:

Hundreds of veterans marched in London in a bid to save the second battalion of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers.

Hundreds of residents in south east London have held a march in protest over plans to turn their local pub into a supermarket.

EDL leader Tommy Robinson held on east London march
    English Defence League (EDL) leader Tommy Robinson has been arrested as about 500 supporters of the far-right group held a march in east London.
    Protest march against London fire cuts held

Organisers say up to 500 people took part in the march which started at Highbury Fields and ended at the fire station on Saturday.
    Police Federation vote over ‘right to strike’ fails

Off-duty police officers marched through London in protest at cuts in 2012

The BBC deem it more important that we hear of a few hundred people protesting about the closure of their local pub than a march by thousands, protesting about a major social issue, attended by politicians and celebrities, which started literally on their own doorstep.

Do you agree with their decision, Anon? If so, please justify it.

58. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:39 pm

dem Presbyerians! Lookin’ more like Unitarians. Popey Francis, not so much as Argentina knows.

“DETROIT — After passionate debate over how best to help break the deadlock between Israel and the Palestinians, the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) voted on Friday at its general convention to divest from three companies that it says supply Israel with equipment used in the occupation of Palestinian territory.”

59. No, RD. But suppressing the will of the people is totalitarianism as well. Remember the CND revival? Allegedly caused by Capital Radio advertising the October 1980 demonstration in advance. No wonder Reagan had the CIA over here and checking out number plates double-quick. That nearly “radicalised” me enough to get me to join CND, but I’m sure many would have indeed become Soviet agents by joining CND. Where was the democracy at that time?

60. Latest estimate of turn out in Central London today: 50000.

61. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:41 pm

“Presbyterians’ typo. ‘Popey’, not so much

62. Anyone else notice how much Pope Francis has changed since he got his legs properly under the table? Someone must have put the fear of God into him! (joke….)

63. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:51 pm

A fractured Iraq. Cui bono?

“This is the plan. The United States does not benefit from this plan. The United States does not benefit from a fragmented, Balkanized, broken Iraq. The oil giants are already extracting as much oil as they want. Iraqi oil is, once again, denominated in dollars not euros. Iraq poses no national security threat to the US. US war planners already got what they want. There’s no reason to go back and cause more trouble, to restart the war, to tear the country apart, and to split it into pieces. The only reason to dissolve Iraq, is Israel. Israel does not want a unified Iraq. Israel does not want an Iraq that can stand on its own two feet. Israel wants to make sure that Iraq never remerges as a regional power. And there’s only one way to achieve that goal, that is, to follow Yinon’s prescription of “breaking up Iraq …along ethnic/religious lines …so, three (or more) states will exist around the three major cities: Basra, Baghdad and Mosul.”

64. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 3:59 pm

‘Ends justify means’

“Collaboration between Nazis and jihadists is not new. It finds its origin in three Muslim divisions of the Waffen SS. The 13th division “Handschar” was formed of Bosnians, the 21st ” Skanderbeg ” Kosovars and the 23rd ” Kama ” Croats. All were therefore Muslims practicing Islam influenced by Turkey. Indeed, the majority of these fighters defected during the war against the Red Army.

More recently, Takfirists and Nazis fought together again against the Russians during the creation of the Islamic Emirate of Ichkeria (Second Chechen War, 1999-2000).

On May 8, 2007, in Ternopol (western Ukraine), Baltic, Polish, Ukrainian and Russian Nazis and Ukrainian and Russian jihadists created a so-called “anti- imperialist front” with the support of the CIA. This organization is headed by Dmytro Yarosh, who, during the Kiev coup in February 2014, became Deputy Secretary of the National Security Council of Ukraine, then Pravy Sektor candidate in the presidential election of May 25th.

In July 2013, the Emir of Caucasus and local leader of Al Qaeda, Doku Umarov, called on members of the “anti-imperialist front” to go and fight in Syria. However, there is no clear documentation of the Nazi participation in current operations to destabilize the Levant.

Finally, a few dozen Crimean Tatar jihadists came to fight in Syria, and were transported by the Turkish MIT to Kiev to participate in EuroMaidan events and the coup of February 22nd alongside Dmytro Yarosh [3].

The measures taken in Europe, at the request of the U.S. Secretary for Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson, to prevent the return of jihadists at home shows that the CIA intends to use them on a new front. [4] The forced April 15th resignation of Prince Bandar bin Sultan, at the request of Secretary of State John Kerry [5] and that of his brother, Prince Sultan bin Salman, May 14 on pressure from Secretary of Defense, Chuck Hagel [6], attests to the US will to recast the jihadist machine.

65. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:03 pm

Anode

Have you noticed how all those BBC demo headlines are written after the event – perhaps some should judge the BBC on what it reports after the event – it is the organisers job not the BBC’s to encourage people to attend. If the organisers are prevented in exercising their right to encourage peaceful protest then I do have a problem but that isn’t the case here.

66. Anode may be clearer than I on this, RD, but has this always been the case?

I don’t know, because I was on the march, but I suspect that the BBC reported the 15th February 2003 demonstration against the Invasion of Iraq as it happened. The argument about not reporting until afterwards is an interesting one, and maybe (Craig?) the subject of a future thread…

67. Resident Dissident: “it is the organisers job not the BBC’s to encourage people to attend.”

From a the BBC published document : “How do I organise a protest?”

“Let the media know
    Let the local newspapers, radio and television know about your plans and create an effective press release giving all the details of the march. Email them any digital photos you have in advance of the protest, and immediately following. Make it media friendly by having plenty of colourful displays and costumes to photograph, if that is appropriate. See the Action Network guide on.”

68. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:16 pm

Lads.

How did the check-up go?

69. LOL! Guess where the demonstration started… Yes, the BBC Headquarters in Portland Place!

70. nevermind, we're coming home, we're coming home, Englands coming home.

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:18 pm

And now to the fanfares. Will Cameron welcome back the english team? back from their short term Brazilian holiday training with the Brazilian ballet stars.

Well prepared by Rooney tears on his shoulder he then can steel himself for what is to follow next week.

Such fun tonight, I shall enjoy the game between Ghana’s muscle men and another well prepared German team. Ghana has to play well to overcome/cope with teutonic fervour and precision.

71. Resident Dissident

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:23 pm

Anode

Any good news organisation/journalist will usually have fairly firm lines between making and reporting the news. The document you refer is something produced by Actionworks not the BBC. If the BBC were to promote one demo then it would have little choice but to promote them all.

72. Resident Dissident: “The document you refer is something produced by Actionworks not the BBC”

It has been made a permalink by BBC employees on the BBC message-boards, therefore it is endorsed by the BBC.

73. Resident Dissident: “Any good news organisation/journalist will usually have fairly firm lines between making and reporting the news.”

Agreed, but we’re talking about the BBC here.

74. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:33 pm

“How did the check-up go?”

Involuntary reflexes in tip-top shape for our resident Lads, sofia. :)

75. Resident Dissident: “If the BBC were to promote one demo then it would have little choice but to promote them all.

The BBC reported plans to march against the Iraq war two days in advance.”

76. I think of the trolls as characters in the Captain Beaky and his band poems by Jeremy Lloyd. Some of it is prescient and there are a few digs. Made in the 1980s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxzIe-8E3mo Captain Beaky for PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGgMu_u3BQ The Woodland Pantomime

Other poems are listed on the right hand side along with several on the last days of BLiar.

77. Sofia (Otiose and Proud)

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:59 pm

Here’s Avraham Burg talking sense in Haaretz…

The Palestinians: A Kidnapped Society

Any thoughts?​​

Ben. 4 33pm

Always good to have an expert second opinion. Yours above all!

Do you think we should recommend an increase in the Pims and adjust the G+T levels to prevent or keep it simple and prescribe more Glen Poshbastard Malt?

Tea-break over I must check for Anaphylaxis then get back out under the sky.

78. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 4:59 pm

We’ve got the Tools to augment the Talent.

” Captured Iraqi Army equipment is moving steadily to the west and south to Aleppo in some cases but most certainly down the gravel roads to Rawah and then on into Anbar Province to reinforce rebel forces. There are now photographs on the internet of Heavy Equipment Transporters (HET) loaded down with captured upgraded humvees, tanks and artillery. “

79. All together now — march against the cuts
    ——————————————————————————–
    21 June 2014
    Luke James
    Thousands to take to the streets in support of the People’s Assembly and a better way

——————————————————————————–

PEOPLE who the Con-Dems thought would suffer cuts in silence will rise up in their thousands today as part of the People’s Assembly’s unprecedented protest against austerity.

Homeless mums, low-paid carers, stretched teachers, penniless pensioners and disabled people demanding dignity will be among a multitude taking to the streets for the grass-roots movement’s first national demonstration.

Starting at BBC headquarters, they will swamp the streets of central London before descending on Parliament Square — reclaiming the heart of Britain’s democracy in a carnival of hope.

Teachers lead mass London march
    ——————————————————————————–
    21st June 2014
    Joana Ramiro in Britain

——————————————————————————–

TEACHERS will lead today’s People’s Assembly march against austerity through London.

Britain’s teachers are fighting back against government plans to “destroy the education system” and marching en masse today.

“This demonstration is about fighting against a government which is attacking public-sector workers, it’s about protecting our public services,” National Union of Teachers executive member Gawain Little told the Morning Star.

Con-Dem cuts have devastated Britain’s education system, with teachers’ union NUT having to fend off a wave of privatisation and attacks on teachers’ pensions.

“This government is waging a war on teachers and the education system, trying to return us to Victorian values and nationalist ideals,” said south London teacher Simon Hardy.

Newly qualified Mr Hardy said he knew how precarious conditions were not just for young teachers but also for poorer students, who find themselves marginalised by Education Secretary Michael Gove’s curriculum changes.

80. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 5:06 pm

Imagine if they discovered absinthe, sofia. Oh wait. That could only help.

81. Anon (another Anon) thinks that he is so funny. He is not at all funny.

‘“I feel sorry for those of our fellow citizens marching in Central London. It is 25C and the humidity is 50%.”

That’s what we got the water cannon for.;)’

He probably does not know and cares even less that a man was blinded by a German water cannon (like the ones Blustering Boris has preordered without getting permission from his mummy Mrs May) and is warning against them.

Blinded German man urges Boris Johnson not to bring water cannon to London

‘A German man who was blinded by a water cannon in Germany has come to the UK to warn against their possible use in London.

Dietrich Wagner – a 69-year-old retired engineer – was hit in the face at a protest in Stuttgart four years ago. His eyelids were torn and some of the bones around his eyes fractured, causing his eyeballs to fall out of their sockets.

Mr Wagner’s injuries are very rare but he has travelled to the capital to lobby the mayor, Boris Johnson, who is asking Londoners whether the Metropolitan Police should have water cannon available in future.

Mr Wagner was attending a demonstration over the redevelopment of Stuttgart’s main railway station on 30 September 2010. He remembers the jets on the water cannon suddenly becoming more intense: “I felt something like a punch in my face and then I fell backwards,” he recalls.’

How absolutely horrendous.

82. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 5:11 pm

Also rubber bullets and bean-bags, Mary. When the cops are armored head-to-toe and protesters in t-shirts and flip-flops meet the Juggernaut, safety is a minor concern.

83. Ben

“This is the blueprint the Obama administration is following. The US gains nothing from this plan. It’s all for Israel.”

You seem to be forgetting that Bush was away with the fairies with the idea that he and the Zionists would be floating on clouds looking down on Armaggeddon and the destruction of Islam and Muslims for ever.

Where’s Fedup when you need him. He explains it so much more elocuently than me, in spite of kicking me in the shins at the same time:

“However this evidently unstoppable march of hatred of Muslims is an attempt in extirpating any and all Muslims across the planet; in zionistan, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Colchester, …… all in the aid of manufacturing the necessary consent for the expansion of the ongoing wars on all those inhabiting the mid east in the way of creating a safe haven for poor, poor zionists to live safely out of the harms way of the ill wishers and the “antisemi…..”. Muslims do the dying and the zionists are reeling from the indignity of hate targeted at them!!!!!”

i.e. if the USUK won’t wreck the Middle East for Israel’s fairy stories, will they at least do it for their hatred of Islam?

84. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 5:28 pm

Guano;

“That’s why the blueprint is still a blueprint, because of the lingering doubts in the minds of worldly men and women that siding with Israel would deliver the place in the clouds and the demise of Islam.”

That’s the narrative running the show. Conservative Christians believe that Israel will, en masse, accept Christ and a new Temple will arise in the New Jerusalem. Of course the flip-side is the return of the Caliphate; another pipe-dream. Neocons are mostly Jews, but secular and/or Zionist, but they see no reason not to pretend at believing that tripe. There is no scriptural basis for nonsense like the Rapture, nor is the Quran being interpreted correctly for Jihad, which Takfiris embrace with a blood-lust out of pure ignorance.

Religious extremism is directly or indirectly the cause of most human wars.

85. Well I trotted along to the demo. Apart from the anti austerity theme, The prevailing messages, on banner after banner, were:

Gove Out!
    Tories Out!
    Save Our NHS!

I didn’t watch many speakers but did see the hypocrite Labour MP Dianne Abbott talk some shit I’m sure she doesn’t believe. Labour MP Jeremy Corbynne also spoke. Len McClusky. And some celebrities. Everyone seemed dead chuffed we had some celebrities on board.

All in all the pervasive message was clear: VOTE LABOUR!

Which is of course a fucking joke. The labour party is openly committed to austerity and if elected will definitely continue to impose austerity. Today was an anti-austerity march saying vote for a pro-austerity party! Really? What were all the people holding anti-Tory banners thinking?

So people catch their coaches home feeling they have done their bit. Mark Steele said he hopes the Labour leadership are listening. The treasurer of the PA shouted “they can’t ignore us now”. Francesca Martinez did quickly say “Fuck profit” but who cares when everyone is agreeing what’s needed is “Tories out”.

This is anger lost to applause for the establishment. This is the professional left taming the left.

86. Ben-LA PACQUTE LO ES TODO

21 Jun, 2014 - 5:36 pm

Exodus 32:9

“I have seen these people,” the Lord said to Moses, “and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them. Then I will make you into a great nation.””

Guano; The promise was to Abraham that the ‘seed’ would come through his bloodline. There was nothing special about the ‘chosen people’ other than that irrevocable promise. But everyone insists there is something innately precious about Israel, in spite of God saying he could raise up stones in the desert, if he had to.

The pedestal Israel occupies is of human manufacture.

87. The US and the gang of Western bullies are kicking Venezuela in the shins again.

IATA has offices in Montreal and Geneva. They oversee the operation of a cartel.

88. What an inspirational man Julian Assange is.

Julian Assange gives life advice on Reddit: How not to ‘feel helpless, overwhelmed and small’

‘”What advice would you give to ordinary citizens in regards to how they can have an impact? Many of us feel helpless, overwhelmed and small. We are screaming for change, but what steps can we take?”

To which Assange replied: “When we are aware of the world and the scale of its inhumanity and stupidity we feel small. It very hard to ‘think globally’ and ‘act locally’, because by thinking globally we become overwhelmed with the scale of the problems to be solved.

“However the internet permits many people to act globally in a way they couldn’t before. WikiLeaks is a realisation of this tension. By releasing materials on many parts of the world, we empower others to think and act.

“What can ordinary people do? Support and promote projects that are acting at scale. WikiLeaks is my realisation of this tension, but there are a flood of others starting. The clash between diversity and global uniformity which has been created by wiring the world to itself is now in play. You are the troops.”’

89. The Bristling Badger reminds us this Labour Home Secretary was worse than a Tory: Bye Bye Blunket

90. nevermind, England has come home

21 Jun, 2014 - 5:58 pm

Thanks for the report from the ‘its all the same, same, same day demo’ demo Phil, haven’t missed much then to waste the energy to get down there.

Anyway, I’m without my noise, vuvuzela has gone on holiday to Brazil to watch some footie.

91. Ben – Israeli “Honey-trap” is still alive and on the rise.

In November 2013, Israeli justice minister, Tzipi Livni had claimed that she had sex with Erkat and Abbed Rabbo, the two negotiators representing West Bank president Mahmoud Abbas. The Israeli paper Yedioth Ahronoth republished an interview with Livini by Time Magazine in which she admitted that during her years working for Mossad, she performed “special operations, including having sex (honey-pot) with prominent political figures and then blackmailing them.

92. Blunket is/was a thug, a liar and a disgrace.

I was in South Africa and got a phone message from a relative in the UK. My granddaughter’s boyfriend took the call and the message came over as ‘Mr Blanket has resigned’. I thought that was really funny as he was carrying on (under a blanket presumably) with Mrs Kimberley Quinn at the time.

The free train ticket, the security warning, the pillow talk….

Here he defends his military vehicles at Heathrow move and tries to wriggle out.

93. Well Nevermind it was all so rudely blatant. The stage in Parliament square, the line of Labour speakers, the sea of anti-Tory posters. An anti-austerity march promoting a pro-austerity party. Fucking idiotic. Stage managed dissent. The type of political charade the BBC mocks when it happens in some Johnny Foreigner land.

Soul destroying. In fact so soul destroying many people ignore the implications and pretend it was a great day. Take the positives. Like we must with the footy. Wave the “Tories Out” flag handed out by the thousand.

Anyway. Germany for the cup!

94. “What an inspirational man Julian Assange is.”

Who can not agree with that statement? We all know who of course.

After publishing this article I was contacted by a Swede who informed me that because of Swedish rape laws some 100 rapes a day are reported but less than 1 in 30 leads to a conviction.

95. ‘In February 2012, Blunkett renewed a contract with News International as an adviser on Social Responsibility at a salary of £49,500 pa. [61]’

Ironic in view of the fact they hacked into his phone.

A true socialist, he has coined it as the saying goes. £thousands upon thousands.

And a Labour Friend of Israel. Shame on him.

96. Phil, I sympathise with you…

“This is the professional left taming the left.”

About 10 years ago, this musician friend of mine invited me to this “Left” TUC major event…cos he wanted me to video him and his band…

I claim no allegiance to any political party…so far as I can tell..They are all The Political Establishment…It was far more fun…when there actually was a difference…but Now…They are All the same…

At this event….Something had happened the day before…I don’t remember what…but all The Political Speeches…which I didn’t video…were so sad…and all the banners of the Working Class (of which I claim still to be a member – even though I have been retired for 10 years). The Real Labour Party…sorry that sounds like the Real IRA…but its not..I am talking about People who Really Care…were Slagging Off The Fascist Nu-Labour Government – something rotten…No ire for the Tories…But they did recognise and kick out a few individuals from the BNP…which was fair enough. I had been there before..but am not a member. Politics like it is now..is like watching England trying to play football whilst being totally outclassed. It really ain’t worth the bother. Go and see a live band instead.

Tony

97. It looks as if Iran is holding Argentina to a goalless draw!

98. There seems to be some confusion over the events in Iraq.

Some are saying that it’s a US/Israel plan finally coming right.

Some are saying that it’s the neocon plan all going horribly wrong.

Others are saying that it’s the Saudis own independent op to thwart Iranian regional dominance.

These positions may of course amount to the same thing.

But there has been for example much pushing in mainstream media of the idea that the Saudis are very pissed with the US. All sorts of threats and whatnot, from both sides.

Interesting discussion of these positions here:

Notice how people disagreeing on very fundamental issues can be quite productive. There’s something of that going on between Guano and Ben above.

But what isn’t productive at all is the continual yah boo babytalk from our own resident trolls, Res Diss, habby, anons etc. That’s just distraction.

These trolls can’t say what’s going on. They just tell you whom you should support and whom you shouldn’t support. They never say why, other than habby’s “my country right or wrong” juvenilia.