Reply To: ME updates

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum ME updates Reply To: ME updates

SA

Clark
Unfortunately this is over simplistic and although it may be useful for novices in the field, it starts from about 5 years ago in a conflict and conspiracy that has been taking place for over 100 years. For me it is deflection.

The biggest root cause of this current conflict lies neither with Israel, nor Palestinians, nor any dispute between them. The conflict was generated and is maintained by powerful economic actors, originally in the British Empire, but now mainly in the USA.

This ignores the long history of the conflict between the end of the first WW and the Nakba in 1948. The reason for the establishment of the settler state was for colonisation purposes by people whom we can relate to.
Here are some quotes of David Bengurion, the first prime minister of Israel.

Everybody sees a difficulty in the question of relations between Arabs and Jews. But not everybody sees that there is no solution to this question. No solution! There is a gulf, and nothing can bridge it… We, as a nation, want this country to be ours; the Arabs, as a nation, want this country to be theirs.

“A partial Jewish State is not the end, but only the beginning. … I am certain that we well not be prevented from settling in the other parts of the country, either by mutual agreements with our Arab neighbors or by some other means. . . [If the Arabs refuse] we shall have to speak to them in another language. But we shall only have another language if we have a state.”

Also the author you quote says the following:

The West supplies Israel with enough arms and money to keep it from being defeated, but never enough to keep it safe. Of course no amount of weapons can ever keep you safe; if anything it’s the opposite – but then this is about manipulating fear, not logic.

Again this ignores how the west has closed its eyes whilst Israel developed atomic weapons whilst fighting very hard to prevent say Iran from developing one. This in itself is a very strong indication of the nonsense argument of those who support a nuclear deterrent, because for a deterrent to be a deterrent, it has to be possessed by both sides, otherwise it is a blackmail tool and a WMD, no more no less.