Reply To: Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019 Reply To: Elections Aftermath: Was our 2019 Vote & the EU Referendum Rigged? #TORYRIG2019

SA

The emperor has no clothes.
The Tory policies unravel as they are made but there is no one with the wisdom to confront this truth.
When Tories advocates social distancing, and prior to that, herd immunity, they thought these measures only applied to the common people, of course they themselves were protected. But viruses do not obey Tory laws, several members of the cabinet and the PM his advisor, the medical advisor, the crown prince and a top epidemiologist all got the virus. Even the pregnant girl friend of the prime minister got it. It underlined the sloppiness of their actions.
I wrote a rather scathing post here which I then asked to be deleted when Matt Hancock, appeared in BBC QT last Thursday, exactly seven days after onset of his illness, I was furious. As you have pointed out Kim, the policy is based on exceptionalism because why otherwise make a policy of isolation for only seven days when the WHO says two weeks?
Not only that, the Chinese have data which shows that thee median for clearance of the virus is 20 days but the longest was 37 days. When confronted with the question by the panelists as to whether he was infectious he came up with the answer about his advisors saying 7 days is safe, but in any case he was exercising ‘social distancing’ as a precaution. He displayed such shocking ignorance I don’t know why someone didn’t tell him that there was a difference between isolation and social distancing.
This whole episode has illustrated how this kingdom is really run exactly as a kingdom and not a vibrant democracy. Even the Queen was rolled out to remind us.