Reply To: Vaccine contaminants and safety

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Vaccine contaminants and safety Reply To: Vaccine contaminants and safety

SA

Paul
Let us assume that your agenda is to find the truth. If this is true, then it is not reconcilable with the fact that you start of by rubbishing the WHO, all vaccine manufacturers, the majority of the scientific community, public health bodies and all world governments. If we start of by trusting only websites that tell us what we want to hear then that turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy. It is understandable that some people question the safety of vaccines and ask searching questions, but the methodology to show this lack of safety has to be rigorous otherwise you are applying double standards. In the case of evidence that you present, the sources are often well known antivaxxers advocacy websites with dubious and pseudo-scientific arguments. If your intentions are what you say they are I would like you to consider what I write next, carefully and answer truthfully.
I have spent time looking at various allegations about vaccines that you have raised recently. I have not looked at covid-19 here as this has been discussed by many in this blog in other discussion groups.
I looked at a summary of what we know about XMRV and then also looked at a quick background on Dr Loretta Bolgar and the organisation she works for Corvelva.
A good review of and what we know about XMRV, which is what Dr Mikovits was working on and claimed to be associated with chronic fatigue syndrome and various human cancers can be found here, in a reputable journal with references and logical scientific thinking. Here is the abstract. I apologise that this contains some rather complex scientific concepts, but that is why complex scientific concepts should be interpreted by competent scientists and not politicians and laymen.

Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) was discovered in 2006 in a search for a viral etiology of human prostate cancer (PC). Substantial interest in XMRV as a potentially new pathogenic human retrovirus was driven by reports that XMRV could be detected in a significant percentage of PC samples, and also in tissues from patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). After considerable controversy, etiologic links between XMRV and these two diseases were disproven. XMRV was determined to have arisen during passage of a human PC tumor in immunocompromised nude mice, by activation and recombination between two endogenous murine leukemia viruses from cells of the mouse. The resulting XMRV had a xenotropic host range, which allowed it replicate in the human tumor cells in the xenograft. This review describes the discovery of XMRV, and the molecular and virological events leading to its formation, XMRV infection in animal models and biological effects on infected cells. Lessons from XMRV for other searches of viral etiologies of cancer are discussed, as well as cautions for researchers working on human tumors or cell lines that have been passed through nude mice, including potential biohazards associated with XMRV or other similar xenotropic murine leukemia viruses (MLVs).

This plus the other references to XMRV and the discredited work of Dr Mikovits, to me settle this problem, as she then later went on to claim that this also contaminated vaccines, quitted research and became an advocate for the anti-vaxxers movement. So for me this is closed, unless you come up with some good refutation of what I said.

As to the case of the video you linked to from the Italian parliament, I shall make no comments about why this was aired in the Italian parliament, my knowledge of Italian politics is next to nil, but I am aware that it is currently dominated by two factions, the populist five star movement and the right wing Lega parties. But be that as it may, the Corvelva association is a self declared advocacy group which has claims to fight for “Free choice of vaccinations.” and do this through

Scientific research
The principle of information on the entire scientific research relating to the effectiveness of vaccinations and the possible adverse reactions of vaccinations.

That is all very well but to date the association has failed to produce any peer reviewed publication to substantiate their claims about the lack of safety and efficacy of vaccines. What has been published apparently is an internet, non peer reviewed document, and they hide behind the excuse that it takes two years to publish in a peer reviewed journal, which is not true.
Yes I know that the link I provided is vaxopedia, with a mission to debunk the antivaxxer movement, but they give a cogent case with appropriate link. Here is also another website analysing the activities of Corvelva.
Sadly I cannot get any background on Loretta Bolgan. When I click on the search link I get this message

This site is not secure
This might mean that someone’s trying to fool you or steal any info you send to the server. You should close this site immediately.
Go to your Start page
Details
This website’s security certificate has been revoked, so you can’t go there at this time.
Error Code: ERROR_INTERNET_SEC_CERT_REVOKED

Paul
Why I am spending time to answer you. The answer is in Luke 15:7, The parable of the lost sheep.

In the same way, I tell you that there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous ones who do not need to repent.

I appeal to your better self, because I think you are genuinely concerned about us all being duped in various ways. But it is important to maintain a balance. It is of course important to be careful about the safety of vaccinations and also about mandatory vaccinations and limitations of freedom in other ways, but these have become important issues that need to be tackled, not through false science but through careful arguments based on facts.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by modbot.