Reply To: Covid as a veil for establishment preperation for environmental collapse

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Covid as a veil for establishment preperation for environmental collapse Reply To: Covid as a veil for establishment preperation for environmental collapse

giyane

When I worked for a small food company a few years ago , the CEO was always plugging Food Security. In the end , the company neither imported or made a single item of food.
But considering the idea was to import for example chicken from the Far East, which is apparently quite a normal thing nowadays, it led me to think that Food Security is just a soundbite to disguise the carbon cost of importing cheap food. When Eastern Europe joined the EU, there was an enourmous supply of cheap land up for sale, but the carbon cost of a round trip from Poland of 4000 miles is obviously unsustainable.

This is how big business works. It finds an acceptable excuse to do the unacceptable. meanwhile British farmers are being placed under ever indreasing pressure by big business to cut prices and by Brexit. Big business decided to import everything from China and now weeps crocodile tears about hiccups in the supply chain because of covid. Soon they will be complaining about EU tariffs which they asked for and are going to get because of Brexit.

Anyway , my point is that big business is definitely responsible for undermining our food security while lying to us about the causes. They are greedy wastes of time, who are mostly remaining silent about the catastrophe of Covid and Brexit, because they make more money from unecessary disruption than when things are running along smoothly.

As for big slogans like the 4th Industrial revolution, I have yet to find a use for governments to be able to know what every individual is thinking or doing in real time.
Do they think vegetables , or even small grazing mammals are going to appear on our collective navels if they carry on watching them long enough? The answer to food security can surely not be in 24/7 spying. Or am I missing something?