Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

glenn_nl

Still not a peep from the conspiracy theorists then? I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!

This asinine talking point of “If not now, then when…?” really is only fit for the ears of the terminally stupid, and to be uttered by cynical manipulators who lack any sensible argument.

The “when” is surely not at a time of over 50K new cases/day, and doubling each week. I heard some government apologist on radio-4 this morning (The Week in Westminster or something) explaining that now was the time, because the date had been established for quite a while now.

Got that, virus? The date has long been marked on the calendar, so don’t say you haven’t been given sufficient notice.

Another cracker was from Health Secretary Javid – there will be “no going back”, and lifting restrictions is his “absolute priority”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/sajid-javid-matt-hancock-london-hospital-health-secretary-b942987.html

No going back. Doesn’t matter how many deaths there are, how ill people become, even if every last person in the country dies – there will be No Going Back. Take that, virus – the man is serious!

It’s also curious that lifting restrictions is the “absolute priority” for a health secretary. Not defeating the virus, not preventing deaths and long illnesses, not over-running the hospitals.

Still no word from the denialists, who stated categorically that the government (all governments, worldwide, actually) wanted to restrict us forever? Thought they’d be delighted to see all these far-right governments are on their side. Thought they’d be crowing about it. Most strange.