Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

ET

As I have tried to point out Michael, if you look at the figures for vaccinations you will see that mostly they are very similar although the UK is definitely ahead. Sure, the UK is ahead by a mostly and may have benefitted from the earlier rollout. Also, in the UK the most recent rise in cases started mid June whilst in the Spain, France and Germany it started 2 weeks later towards the end of June. We will have to see where they are in 2 weeks time.

Fully Vaccinated      Partially vaccinated         Total
UK                 54.93%                   13.7%                 68.63%
Spain              55.49%                   10.45%                65.94%
France             45.26%                   13.80%                59.06%
Germany            49.34%                   11.21%                60.55%
Ireland            52.46%                   11.3%                 63.76%
Isle of Man        67.26%                    8.75%                76.01%

I see that Ireland are claiming 70% all adults fully vaccinated so I am guessing the above figures are percentages of the whole population including under 18.

(data from https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations)

According to a poll from Eurofund survey/poll the countries with the least vaccine hesitancy are first UK followed by Ireland. Here is a wer article from yesterday’s Irish Times.

@Mods
The captcha thing is getting more difficult with having to do up to ten of them before posting. Either that or I am getting more stupid. Have the measures been hardened recently?

[ Mod: Yes, we were getting hundreds of spam posts every day, and there’s still quite a few getting through. It’s a continual chore to check and clear the spam every few minutes, but it would be much worse without the captcha. ]

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by modbot.