Any German English speakers here?

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Any German English speakers here?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Paul Barbara

Is there anyone on this site who is willing and able to translate a book from German to English?

M Tal

I would have the skills and experience.
    Whether I can help will depend on the details.

Paul Barbara

Fine, M Tal. If the mods can exchange our emails, I’ll put you in touch with a book publisher who is looking for an interpreter, and you can sort out the deal yourselves.
    Alternately, if you go to http://www.911forum.org.uk/ and join the Forum, you can PM (personal message) me with your email.
    I post on that Forum as ‘outsider’, and if you go to my profile, http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=749 just click on the ‘PM’ button and send me your email.
    The book involved is ‘Gekaufte Journalisten’ by Udo Ulfkotte; the German was a best seller, but the US company that bought the rights to print an English translation then ‘privished’ it and sat on it (doubtless at the behest of the CIA). The rights have now been taken back, and a printer is negotiating the rights.

M. Tal

Ah, sorry. Ulfkotte is a hard-right Islamophobe. If he’s not a Nazi himself he certainly spends plenty of time with them. Wouldn’t touch his book with a bargepole.

Paul Barbara

@ M. Tal
    Thanks for reply. I trust you watched his short video – he can’t be much of a Nazi, as he wants to avoid a war with Russia, which is why he decided to speak out about media corruption.

FraPer

The book is available in English on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Journalists-Hire-How-Buys-News/dp/1944505458

Laughing at morons

Jesus Christ, how frustrating if people can’t think or read.

If you actually read this hemorrhage of a trash book, the dead Ulfkotte will tell you yourself how bad his own health was.

He claims that during his reporting in 1988 he got in the middle of a mustard gas attack near Baghdad, got diagnosed with cancer and three weeks to live.

While working for the German newspaper FAZ, he called in sick because of a fractured skull. He offered three explanations for how it happened:

a) he tripped over his cat and fell down the basement stairs backwards
    b) members of the Pakistani secret service chased him through his home and shoved him down the stairs
    c) he was beaten with an iron bar from behind while walking to his mailbox

When he got sacked from the newspaper, he claimed it was because they no longer wanted a physically handicapped person to work there – and he complained that the paper failed to report the mustard gas attack to the worker’s accident insurance (Berufsgenossenschaft) – of course, because they wanted to cover for the manufacturer of the gas…

In his book, he also details how he himself was bought by the media – and it is plainly documented (e.g. on his german Wiki page) that he himself got corporate sponsorship by Shell to downplay the environmental damage of Shell in Nigeria during his trip there (of course he failed to disclose the Shell payments in his article).

So yes, surely he is a very valuable source of information, if by information you mean cooked bullshit.

The books is available in German – just Google reviews in German and translate them – that should cover your needs plenty.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/literatur/udo-ulfkotte-umstrittener-publizist-und-ehemaliger-faz-journalist-ist-tot-a-1130008.html

Paul Barbara

@ FraPer
    Take another look, on the right hand side of the page you linked to:
    ‘Currently unavailable.’

Paul Barbara

@ aughing at morons
    I couldn’t care if he was the most unsavoury person on the planet, the information about the CIA, German Intelligence and others is extremely important.
    The book was published in English by an American publisher, then ‘Privished’; they did a tiny print run, no publicity, then sat on it and refused to print more, despite lots of requests. I’m sure they did this at the ‘request’ of the CIA or another US agency.
    There are an awful lot of people that don’t want the fact that our MSM are printing lies put out as articles and news by the CIA and other Intel agencies – are you one of them, by any chance? Do you perhaps believe, or want others to believe, that ‘Operation Mockingbird’ was really wound up in the ’70’s?
    ‘Operation Mockingbird: The CIA’s Operation Mockingbird Manipulated Media’:
    https://www.wanttoknow.info/mass_media/operation-mockingbird
    ‘…Some investigative journalists have claimed that Operation Mockingbird did not end in 1976 as the CIA claims. For example, in 1998, researcher Steve Kangas claimed that conservative billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife, who ran ‘Forum World Features’, a foreign news organization, was a CIA asset and used the organization to disseminate propaganda for circulation in the United States.264 Kangas ended up dead with a bullet hole in his head, in the office of Richard Scaife. It was ruled a suicide, although there were discrepancies in the police report and the autopsy….’
    Do you believe Steve Kangas ‘committed suicide’?

‘The CIA and the Media: 50 Facts the World Needs to Know’:
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-cia-and-the-media-50-facts-the-world-needs-to-know/5471956

‘…When seriously practiced, the journalistic profession involves gathering information concerning individuals, locales, events, and issues. In theory such information informs people about their world, thereby strengthening “democracy.” This is exactly the reason why news organizations and individual journalists are tapped as assets by intelligence agencies and, as the experiences of German journalist Udo Ulfkotte (entry 47 below) suggest, this practice is at least as widespread today as it was at the height of the Cold War.

Consider the coverups of election fraud in 2000 and 2004, the events of September 11, 2001, the invasions Afghanistan and Iraq, the destabilization of Syria, and the creation of “ISIS.” These are among the most significant events in recent world history, and yet they are also those much of the American public is wholly ignorant of. In an era where information and communication technologies are ubiquitous, prompting many to harbor the illusion of being well-informed, one must ask why this condition persists.

Further, why do prominent US journalists routinely fail to question other deep events that shape America’s tragic history over the past half century, such as the political assassinations of the 1960s, or the central role played by the CIA major role in international drug trafficking?…..’

So, yes, the information is important, no matter how badly the book may be in other respects (which I am not able to comment on, as I have been unable to access the book in English).

Paul Barbara

@ @ aughing at morons
    According to Amazon, Udo Ulfkotte’s book was a best-seller in Germany:

‘Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, a former editor for the German main daily newspaper, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ), has first hand knowledge of how the CIA and German Intelligence (BND) bribe journalists to write articles free of truth, facts, and with a decidedly pro-Western, pro-NATO bent or, in other words, propaganda. In his bestselling book Bought Journalists (“Gekaufte Journalisten”), Dr. Ulfkotte explains in great detail the workings of the US and NATO’s propaganda campaign and how a lack of compliance with it, on the part of a journalist, can cost a career. Dr. Ulfkotte also provides a wealth of names! Journalist for Hire: How the CIA Buys the News is the English translation of Dr. Ulfkotte’s bestselling book. (Udo Ulfkotte Journalists for Hire)’

So perhaps the review you part-quoted was a hit-piece designed to stop people wanting to read it?
    Would you consider that it might not be a truthful review?

avery thorn

This might be some work.
    but why don’t you use google translate and work yourself through this file?
    https://archive.org/stream/GekaufteJournalisten-UdoUlfkotte/GekaufteJournalisten-UdoUlfkotte_djvu.txt
    https://ia601304.us.archive.org/15/items/GekaufteJournalisten-UdoUlfkotte/GekaufteJournalisten-UdoUlfkotte.pdf
    this translation might not be perfect, but helpful

Paul Barbara

Thanks; it’s a pretty ropy translation though!

Yohan Tengra

Hey Paul Barbara,

Did you manage to get anyone to translate this book yet? I am really hunting for a copy of this book but just can’t get it anywhere. Would be happy to know if this book is coming out anytime soon.

Steph

Is there still need for a translation?
    Might be able to help out

Who has the rights to that now?

Paul Barbara

@ Yohan Tengra May 28, 2018 at 12:12
    Sorry, Yohan, I only just saw your request. The book came out just last month in English:
    ‘Presstitutes Embedded in the Pay of the CIA: A Confession from the Profession:
    by Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, John-Paul Leonard, et al.

Paul Barbara

@ Steph June 27, 2019 at 16:40
    Sorry, Steph, only just seen your post. The book actually came out last month:
    ‘Presstitutes Embedded in the Pay of the CIA: A Confession from the Profession:
    by Dr. Udo Ulfkotte, John-Paul Leonard, et al.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Any German English speakers here?’ is closed to new replies.