Madeline Albright

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Madeline Albright

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 years ago by M.J..
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ingwe

So she’s passed away at 84. She probably enjoyed more than 80 years more than half a million Iraqi children but she thought it was worth it. Let’s hope there’s a special place in hell for her soul.

#86519 Reply
    M.J.

May she rest in peace. I saw her in the series Madam Secretary and just ordered her book Fasciem: a warning.

#86520 Reply
    TonyT12

I am intrigued that President Biden should be so insistent about Russia having committed war crimes, in the context of a statistic which just came out of Afghanistan – the US’ invasion and occupation failure of only a few months ago..

“12000 babies dying from malnutrition in Afghanistan during the last 3 months.” That sounds a worrying war crime to me, and right at J. Biden’s door.

As for Madeleine Albright’s famously quoted legacy of having said “Iraqi Kids’ Deaths ‘Worth It’”. This is the exact quote. From the Newsweek’s own website – not a pro-Russian propaganda site.

Albright, the first female secretary of state in United States history, made the remarks during a 60 Minutes interview. Correspondent Lesley Stahl discussed with the then-United Nations ambassador how Iraq had been suffering from the sanctions placed on the country following 1991’s Gulf War.

“We have heard that half a million [Iraqi] children have died. I mean, that is more children than died in Hiroshima,” Stahl said. “And, you know, is the price worth it?”

“I think that is a very hard choice,” Albright answered, “but the price, we think, the price is worth it.”

Joe Biden needs to get off his high horse before he falls off it and breaks his neck.

#86603 Reply
    Pigeon English

And to avoid those quotes being posted, MSM avoided big Obituaries to MA.

#86752 Reply
    M.J.

Just finished her final book, Fascism: a warning. An excellent book, which I can recommend highly. At the end a list of questions useful for assessing past and aspiring leaders. This book could be a good epitaph for former Madam Secretary, the late great Madeleine Albright!

#86760 Reply
    ET

I do hope she is spit roasted in hell. Good riddence to her.

#86921 Reply
    M.J.

Careful what you wish for. I understand that she regretted that particular remark in her autobiography Madam Secretary (which I’ve just ordered, and look forward to reading).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Madeline Albright
Your information: