Elm Guest House

by craig on July 2, 2014 5:12 pm in Uncategorized

A number of people have contacted me for some years over the Elm Guest House paedophile ring. Frankly I did not particularly believe it, or thought it was exaggerated. But I confess my eyes have been opened by the Jimmy Savile, Cyril Smith and Rolf Harris affairs and the extent of complicity and even protection which they received from the establishment.

I have blogged before that, in the Savile case, as his behaviour was apparently compulsive and constant, I found it hard to believe it was not known in the very senior societal circles in which he spent so much of his time. I am convinced that perception was right.

Savile is not linked in to the Elm House paedophile ring, as far as I know, but Cyril Smith is. So were the then head of the Royal Protection Unit and of Special Branch. That to me raises all sorts of queries about whether they were not just participating themselves but protecting someone very senior indeed. I have been convinced that it is true that social workers interviewing child victims were indeed threatened with guns by Special Branch to drop it, and that paperwork has been confiscated and destroyed.

On Cyril Smith, Channel 4 Dispatches on 12 September 2013 reported that:

‘Speaking for the first time, former CID officer Jack Tasker tells the programme that Special Branch officers arrived at his office, told him to halt his investigations and demanded that the file be handed over to them,.“They made it quite clear that anything that was kept by us would bring repercussions if we didn’t hand it over; that as far as we are concerned, the inquiry is finished … you will take no more inquiries into Cyril Smith

Compare that to what happened to child protection officer Chris Fay in his Elm House investigation, as reported in the Express:

Mr Fay, 67, of south London, said: “It became very dangerous. People seem to forget that Special Branch could do what they liked, they were a law unto themselves.

“At one point they had me up against a wall by my throat with a gun at my head telling me in no uncertain terms that I was to back away if I knew what was good for me.

“A colleague of mine had the same treatment, as did a number of the volunteers. Victims who were actually abused at Elm House were also physically stopped from coming to speak to us at the NAYPIC office in north London.

“I witnessed Special Branch officers manhandling them and turning them away with a warning to keep their mouths shut. It was blatant, it was open, they were acting like gangsters.

In both Rochdale and in North London, Special Branch intervened to block the appropriate authorities on the ground from investigating what was a genuine paedophile scandal. I can see no other possible explanation than that the scandal involved figures a great deal more senior than Cyril Smith. From the Elm Guest House we have a pointer who some of those people were.

I really don’t want to blog any more about this, and I recommend you to have a search online. That involves trawling around some of the less pleasant parts of the internet, and I have seen material that is horribly anti-Semitic and anti-gay. But after years of dismissing the stories, on the grounds that they are promulgated by unpleasant people, in unpleasant newspapers, or cannot be true, I realise I was wrong.

1. Brave post Craig,thanks you.

2. Nothing anti anything in this outline but you just have to feel very sorry for the children who were abused and hope that their lives were not completely wrecked by these disgusting men.

3. I fear many lives were wrecked, Mary. It also appears some boys disappeared…

4. Our “justice ” system has been sitting on the information for decades. They knew.
    What are they going to do, put them all posthumously into jail ?
    Harris has only a few years left. There’s no justice in putting him away now. They could’ve done it way back then. What they need to do is put away the Officers that protected these criminals into the dock.For sure the stench will be in Westminster.
    Cyril Smith I doubt was a lone wolf.

5. I am surprised nobody has yet mentioned Haut de la Garenne.

6. lucythediclonius

2 Jul, 2014 - 5:58 pm

I don’t know The Elm Grove case but I do know the North Wales one very well .I have no doubt that the Regan twins sincerely believed the story.I can verify that they were harassed I think I had the last copy of Scallywag before the disabled war veteran who sold it at London Bridge was persuaded to retire.

7. David S Briggs

2 Jul, 2014 - 6:03 pm

@Donny Darko

In what way is it ‘justice’ that he not be punished for his conduct?

People have given evidence at great personal cost to themselves.

It would be a criminal injustice not to put him away for the rest of his life.

8. lucythediclonius

2 Jul, 2014 - 6:05 pm

I didn’t post this my finger clicked on the link accidentally.

2 Jul, 2014 - 6:11 pm

Agree with Jives… Brave post indeed

i fear its a very Large circle… Evil souless B%$££££Ds

10. nevermind, viva beautiful football

2 Jul, 2014 - 6:23 pm

Good post and long overdue. But it looks like this is an establishment activity, going by the threats from special branch. And the MI’s probably know all about it.
    So easy to manipulate these paedophiles, one phone call and men stand on their head and clap their toes.

BTW.O/T I have seen your double today, Craig, the spitting image of you, same hairstyle, colour hair, BUT, he sat in an opentop sports car with a lovely lady sitting next to him. I know you don’t drive, but this chap looked so like you I raised my hand as a first response, but then realised it couln’t possibly be you.

11. I used to dismiss stories not because they were promulgated by unpleasant people – it seems that most of the people who gravitate towards Parliament, banks and the newspapers are unpleasant – but because they sounded too far-fetched to my boringly conventional, rather old-fashioned self to be true. How many child molesters can there be out there anyway? Why would anybody want to start a war? At this stage in my life I don’t dismiss anything anymore. There are stories and conspiracy theories out there to which I don’t give much credence, but hardly anything that I dismiss out of hand. I try to keep an open mind and wait for the story to develop in the fullness of time. The world is crazy and there hardly seems a truer statement in the English language than that ‘fact is stranger than fiction’.

Incidentally, if the stories about Special Branch are true, then they are shocking and appalling. As policemen, are they not sworn to uphold the law without fear of favour? Or does being in Special Branch give them a pass? In either case, how do they sleep at night?

12. Sooner or later they are going to run out of ageing, B-list celebrities to prosecute. What will they use to misdirect us then?

13. I did not know that Brittan and Rifkind are cousins.

I always thought Thatcher was in great awe of Brittan. She seemed to cow tow to him.

14. No provision for comments under this morning’s Guardian piece.

Lord Brittan asked officials to review Westminster paedophile dossier
    Labour MP claims ex-home secretary must ‘share his knowledge’ about file on alleged abuse in 1980s as he speaks of Cyril Smith allegations

15. As Tom Pride has just noted, there is already a Cease and Desist order issued to Google for searches containing the words Leon Brittan and PIE.

That was quick. :/

16. David S Briggs: The Police have been sitting on evidence about Harris,Saville & Co for years.
    It’s great that they’ve put him away for his crimes.He and many more, and the un-named could’ve been behind bars years ago however, less victims.
    My brother was in the CID in London back then and brought it up once,not mentioning names but said that paedophiles were at the top of Politics ,Pop and TV. Our Police forces have been allowing these people to walk free and commit crimes.
    Is it just a case of sacrificial lambs and the wolves are enjoying their retirement ? Or are the wolves still at it ?

17. But after years of dismissing the stories, on the grounds that they are promulgated by unpleasant people…

This is an unwarranted generalization that smears those more diligent than yourself in seeking to expose a vile abuse of children and the apparent role of the Security Service in covering up such crimes.

That the police and security service are implicated is of profound significance. But you “really don’t want to blog any more about this.” Oh well, tra-la-la. Let’s just ignore the fact that the country may be run by spooks who have a bunch of politicians by the balls, and think of something nice, like a free and democratic Scotland made rich beyond the dreams of avarice with the proceeds of the lovely oil industry, and unencumbered by NATO, Trident bases, or US listening posts and radar installations.

18. CanSpeccy

You seem to have missed the “I was wrong” at the end of that sentence.

19. KoWN, there’s quite a long list of prominant attendees at Elm Guest House halfway down this superb report of the scandal from December 2013, which also includes a video interview with Chris Fay of NAYPIC:

UK Establishment Closes Ranks as Organised Child Sex Abuse Network Leads Back to No. 10:

No wonder David Cameron is humming and hahring about an over-arching inquiry, eh? There’s also a growing list of MPs (up to 129 now) calling for it. This report shows who has and – possibly more interestingly, given the subject matter – who hasn’t signed up:

Pressure builds in Parliament to address child sex abuse in UK:

Related, and coming from a Home Office whistleblower just this weekend, news that MI6 funded the notorious Paedophile Information Exchange looking for blackmail targets:

EXCLUSIVE: Secret service infiltrated paedophile group to ‘blackmail establishment’

Artist Taxi Driver has a most amusing take on the whole sordid mess:

20. Arbed

Thanks. That first link is a good sober account.

21. Clearly a case of a lone rotten apple and no organised cover up at all!

In fact there has never been a trend of any sorts and the scurrilous rumours about the Kincora boys home ran by terrorists and frequented by the luminaries whom were duly photographed and filmed which were then the stuff of making mirth for the special agents of the very special services, are all lies too!

The senator from Jersey got the kick in the nuts and all is well in that tax haven, clearly nothing wrong there too.

Where would the zionists have been? If it were not for the blackmail and coercion of the relevant nodes of power, that have been made to see the world in a much more clear light after having been enlightened about their keepsakes photos?

22. nevermind, viva beautiful football

2 Jul, 2014 - 7:50 pm

“There is a huge amount of dancing on eggshells going on today in the media about the dossier on paedophile activity with which Leon Brittan came in contact in the 1980s. It is pretty plain there is a subtext here.”

Yes, but surely we must have all the confidence in the world that a home secretary would do the right thing and forward such an important report…………..

23. You seem to have missed the “I was wrong” at the end of that sentence.

Yes, I misread that. Sorry.

24. And what was that article in Spiked magazine about a Cabinet Minister’s alleged activities in a North African hotel – the issue before the editor Angus James Wilson suddenly died in a mysterious 1996 road accident in Cyprus?

25. Well I can categorically say that I heard the rumours about LB in the mid-1980’s at Glasgow university. Incidentally I also heard the rumours about Jimmy Savile in Manchester in the early 1990’s so I’ve heard then then they must already have been common knowledge since I’m hardly a gossip maven.

26. BBC page just updated. Under the ‘politics’ heading. They should have an extra one headed ‘Perverts, Pederasts and Paedophiles’.

It has had 12 versions, so far! http://www.newssniffer.co.uk/articles/803171/diff/10/11

27. JRQ

What rumour did you hear in the early 2000s?

28. Am I understanding correctly? Only Nevermind has said it so far. I guess others are not bothering to state the obvious. To be clear:

This is, or at least incorporates, a Security Service operation to control through blackmail?

29. Peacewisher

2 Jul, 2014 - 9:54 pm

It also needs to be said, if not stating the obvious, that Leon Brittan then got a job in Brussels.

30. Phil,

Not only controlled, also funded.

From a Home Office whistleblower just this weekend, news that MI6/Special Branch funded the Paedophile Information Exchange as a convenient way to look for blackmail targets:

31. There is a suggestion that Leon left Britain to join the EU gravy train as he was a pedo. That is just a rumour.

32. Not a peep on the BBC 10pm news main headlines. Fifth item in. It was headed by an item on female genital mutilation by June Kelly with a word or two from that nice Mr Vaz, always ready to help out when the pressure is on.

Almost – Elm Houae did not exist, it never existed, what was said to have happened there never happened.

~~~~

Just for further diversion, there is a aircraft terrrrrr alert in conjunction with the US. All very airy fairy and lacking in substance.

33. Reginald's tender ruby orb

2 Jul, 2014 - 10:16 pm

The dossier never surfaced? Guess nobody ever asked Blunt’s handlers for their annotated copy.

At this rate the independence referendum is going to need three choices, Yes, No, and Ick.

34. Vaz appears on the fringes of the Elm House scandal. He was the lawyer for Richmond Council whose children’s home was bringing in the children, allegedly.

35. How MI5 vetted Savile. And decided paedophilia was nothing to worry about.

26Jun 2014
    (not satire – unfortunately)

According to that hotbed of left-wing, anti-establishment conspiracy theories, the Daily Telegraph reckons Jimmy Savile would have been vetted by MI5 as far back as the 1960s – and Bond, Moneypenny, M etc would have continued vetting him until at least the 1980s.

Well, obviously the Telegraph doesn’t now say as much – because that might prove to be a tad too uncomfortable for its pro-establishment readership – but it did reveal in an article it printed way back in 2006 that staff at the BBC, including reporters, newsreaders and presenters, were all vetted by MI5. (link)

That clearly would have included the BBC’s star presenter Jimmy Savile.

Which rather begs this question:

I think we should be told. Don’t you?

36. Mary, yes and presumably as a regular visitor to Buckingham Palace he would have been exhaustively vetted.

37. I think I may have noted in Murder of Samarkand that when I had my last positive vetting at the FCO in 2003, the vetting officer, a very experienced gentleman, had been asked to look at my relationships with various ladies. He told me it made a change because it was usually young boys. I just thought it was a joke at the time…

38. There is rumor {and another, and another ,et cetera} that judges, {inter alia, as imagination might suggest}, are selected based on hard blackmail being readily available {i.e. on-hand}that guarantees future control {as the need arises}.

Gaming the system of governance can be that easy.

E.g., recall the ancient Persia was associated with using assassination to terminatedly handle pesky foreign leaders. Even beloved family members were fair fame.

39. A great deal of referenced research regarding the Elm Guest House nasty business is here: http://spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com/

Latest post:
    Elm Guest House: The History of a Cover-up (updated)

The Elm Guest House story broke on 7th August 1982, when the Daily Express reported that “at least three MPs, a member of staff at Buckingham Palace, and leading lawyers, doctors and City businessmen” were questioned as part of inquires relating to “a vice ring” in “a brothel in a smart London suburb”.

Over the next 10 days more lurid allegations emerged in almost every national newspaper.

[links to all the national news reports found for those ten days about the Elm Guest House paedophile ring]:

Daily Express (7.8.82)
    News of the World (8.8.82)
    Sunday Times (8.8.82)
    Daily Express (9.8.82)
    Daily Mail (9.8.82)
    Daily Star (a) (9.8.82)
    Daily Star (b) (9.8.82)
    The Guardian (9.8.82)
    The Sun (9.8.82)
    The Times (9.8.82)
    Daily Express (10.8.82)
    Daily Star (10.8.82)
    News of the World (15.8.82)
    Daily Express (16.8.82)

After those initial 10 days of reporting there was nothing more in the papers. The reason for this silence is revealed in an article which appeared in Capital Gay magazine from August 1982.

Libel threats were used to silence the newspapers from reporting on the VIP paedophile ring. The Attorney General, Sir Michael Havers, personally investigated complaints from lawyers representing Elm Guest House.

Sir Michael Havers played a leading role in the Sir Peter Hayman cover-up, and told Geoffrey Dickens not to name the paedophile diplomat in Parliament. Havers argued that Hayman should have retained his anonymity, and didn’t think the British public needed to know that powerful Establishment figures abused children.

Scotland Yard denied the allegations made by the Daily Express that the guest house’s visitor list included three MPs and a member of Buckingham Palace staff. A spokesman for Elm Guest House told Capital Gay “these were professional business people. We are talking about barristers, doctors, a couple of priests and a vicar”.

It’s clear that Scotland Yard, Sir Michael Havers, and the Elm Guest House lawyers were all following the same script. It’s easy to blame the press for their part in the cover-up, but they were up against the most senior police and law officers in the country.

(more at the Spotlight site)

Well done Graig, for highlighting the Elm Guest House subject.

40. Yes, I misread that. Sorry.

Or maybe I didn’t? At least what you say is highly ambiguous.

Specifically, you said:

So what are you admitting to being wrong about? Dismissing the stories or claiming that the stories are promulgated by unpleasant people?

Without clarification, I stick to my conclusion, namely, that you have made “an unwarranted generalization that smears those more diligent than yourself in seeking to expose a vile abuse of children and the apparent role of the Security Service in covering up such crimes.”

As for your classification of newspapers, you seem to be saying that those that fail to report unpleasant truths about the ruling elite are more pleasant, or less unpleasant, than those that do. An odd attitude for a serious commentator.

41. I think the scandal is far greater than just top people involved. To me it’s most probable the abuse of children in homes was run by people high up and the intelligence services as a money making and blackmailing venture on a vast scale. And this is why the Establishment is so desperate to cover it up. At present to divert people’s attention from the real scandal they’re prosecuting celebrities.

42. See also this search result I recently saved:

43. “As for your classification of newspapers, you seem to be saying that those that fail to report unpleasant truths about the ruling elite are more pleasant, or less unpleasant, than those that do. ”

You are making an assumption of guilt, a sweeping generalization or your own. Many unpleasant sources, not just newpapers, have made accusations that are untrue let alone unpleasant.

44. “It’s unfortunate that Geoffery Dickens was regarded as a buffoon during his time as an MP so there’s no way of knowing how seriously his dossier was treated or indeed if it was 100% reliable to begin with.”

or

It’s unfortunate that Geoffery Dickens was portrayed as a buffoon during his time as an MP, undermining the seriousness of his dossier and casting doubt upon its reliability.

45. His son has said that after he named paedo diplomat Peter Hayman in the House of Commons, certain other MP’s treated his contributions with contempt. It would be useful to have the names of those MP’s.

46. Lone dissenting voice

3 Jul, 2014 - 2:27 am

Personally I don’t believe a word of it. It’s surely the ravings of deranged fantasists abetted by idiots and crooks on the make, like that weird “satanic abuse” furore a few years back, and like much of the recent Savile hysteria. Jimmy Savile couldn’t physically have done a tenth of the things we’re now supposed to believe he did. It’s plainly nonsense. We’ll look back at all this crap in a few years time with incredulity and shame.

47. Craig @ 11.19pm,

So you seem to be suggesting that our so called overlords and watchers have known about the Establishment’s young male flesh taste for along time then?

I aint surprised.

This is only the start of this horrific story.

I only hope that the guilty and complicit get theirs.

Bastards,evil evil bastards.

48. Oddly or not so oddly, todays Guardian has a front-page piece on Brittan, and, further down, an article titled ‘The secret history of the jazz greats who were freemasons': http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/02/secret-jazz-freemason-history-duke-ellington-sun-ra

Probably a coincidence but it does remind us about an important element in the police/criminal/politician corruption nexus: masonry.

49. ^
    Freemasonry?

Nice ideals but sadly corrupted by its inherent flaw of corruptability-particularly in local,ahem,levels.

If only the young enticed apprentices knew the real future implications of their foot soldierdom to the few at the top who might twist the dial askew for their own less than fraternal impulses…

50. Canspeccy, Nevermind, and Phil, I agree; the child abuse is just the means. The end is control via blackmail. For MI5 and Special Branch to merely protect powerful and/or famous abusers would not be worth the risk of exposure. The rewards have to be at a greater scale than the merely personal.

Any links to the Dutroux case?

There was widespread anger and frustration among Belgians due to police errors, the general slowness of the investigation and Dutroux’s claims that he was part of a sex ring that included high-ranking members of the police force and government. This suspicion that Dutroux had been, or was being, protected, and anger over the outcome, culminated when the popular judge in charge of investigating the claims was dismissed on the grounds of having participated in a fund-raising dinner for the girls’ parents. The investigation itself was wrapped up. His dismissal and end of the investigation resulted in a massive protest march (the “White March”) of 300,000 people on the capital, Brussels, in October 1996, two months after Dutroux’s arrest, in which demands were made for reforms of Belgium’s police and justice system.

On the witness stand, Jean-Marc Connerotte (fr), the original judge of the case, broke down in tears when he described “the bullet-proof vehicles and armed guards needed to protect him against the shadowy figures determined to stop the full truth coming out. Never before in Belgium has an investigating judge at the service of the king been subjected to such pressure. We were told by police that [murder] contracts had been taken out against the magistrates.” Connerotte testified that the investigation was seriously hampered by protection of suspects by people in the government. “Rarely has so much energy been spent opposing an inquiry,” he said. He believed that the Mafia had taken control of the case.[9]

51. “It’s unfortunate that Geoffery Dickens was portrayed as a buffoon during his time as an MP, undermining the seriousness of his dossier and casting doubt upon its reliability ”

Slightest bit of research would prove that his reputation was well established before he produced his dossier and that it and his position on other isues such as corporal and capital punishment mad it difficult for him to garner support.

52. Salford Lad

3 Jul, 2014 - 4:40 am

The favourite forms of control ,used by the power elite in many countries for many centuries are bribes, privilege, and of course blackmail.
    There is no stronger form of blackmail in Western civilisation than to be accused of paedophilia.It is abhorrent to all normal citizens. Very few politicians rise to the top of the tree unless they can be controlled.
    The Secret service are but the foot soldiers of the power elite and are the ones who collect the evidence of the peccadiloes of their targets. In some cases the targets are set up in ‘sting ‘operations’.
    The evidence is not allowed to become public knowledge, as it would of course remove its effectiveness as a threat.
    The recent exposure of the proclivities of celebrities in the swinging ’60’s. is but a distraction and a deception for the sheeple.
    The real targets of blackmail have always been politicians who can be pressured to use their vote and influence to affect changes in laws and decisions to suit the Real Powers that be.
    It has always been thus.

53. What’s that Craig? You shan’t be blogging on any of this again? In that case I’ll doubt you’ll have much to say that’s going to be of any use. Whilst I’ll concede that it’s possible that there are people in positions of power who aren’t corrupt and thus blackmail-able, we may as well view such people as being the equivalent of hen’s teeth. In much the same way that one can’t join a criminal gang without having killed someone so it is in the halls of power – without your fellow gang members being able to bring you down you may not join.

That is who rules us and it’s why we see impossible anti-democratic decisions one after another. None of them have any say in the matter. And here you are imagining we can discuss them as if they were rational actors. They’re not and we can’t.

If this sounds too unlikely, it’s only because you haven’t thought it through: the reason these stories are disappeared with extreme prejudice isn’t because it may lead to ‘someone very senior indeed’. Someone? One person? Pah! Ditch ‘em! Who cares? It’s dog eat dog with nary a tear to be shed unless there’s a camera nearby and the situation calls.

And then there’s the cops. Special Branch wasn’t threatening people because they’d magically connected truth-telling person ‘alpha’ with wicked person ‘omega’ via an I-say-Holmes-you-are-brilliant six degrees of separation. Who has the time, or the smarts, for that? Not the cops. They only know one thing: that each truth-telling alpha is only ever one degree of separation from a structure comprised almost entirely of wicked ‘betas’, with the police themselves not least amongst ‘em.

Whilst it’s true that the police and special branch were protecting Jimmy Savile, he wasn’t really the point of the exercise. The cops don’t know what he’s done nor whom he leads to. They didn’t know about: his eleven Xmases with Margaret Thatcher; his extreme chumminess with Prince Charles; and of course the absurdity of Edwina Curry declaring Savile as just the chap to have the run of sundry public hospitals and psychiatric facilities. But they didn’t need to, they just took it as read. They understood that this was the THING, the unspeakable thing, the thing you cannot leave, the thing that will be your death.

As for Elm Guest House, head in any direction you like and every trip will be one degree of separation. First cab off the rank? Margaret Hodge, who post-Elm was instantly appointed Minister for Children by her very good friend Tony Blair. It’s so fucking obvious that the word irony is banned on account of ‘not good enough’.

But never mind, let’s talk about the world as if it wasn’t thus. Lovely Lovely. But for those who like their truth black and bitter, no milk and sugar, I recommend two tireless campaigners, the marvellous Aangirfan and the redoubtable Coleman. For these two Elm is but a single step on a road that heads in every direction.

Off we go now!

54. How many paedophiles?
    A few years back I read a report that estimated 10% of the population are involved with paedophile. I wish I could remember/find the report. It seemed very credible and included some case studies.

55. It is understandable that Craig says he doesn’t want to blog about this anymore. Who would even want to read or think about any of this, but he said he doesn’t want to not that he wouldn’t.

Brave post – although in odd company as even the Express has appeared brave on this.

56. Not The Silence of the Lambs but The Silence of the Trolls on this thread.

Why is that one asks?

57. To anyone reading this who is thinking about what is evil / bad I recommend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Philosopher-Wolf-Lessons-Happiness/dp/1847081029

The author Mark Rowlands lives with a wolf and considers what is evil. He concludes that it is when we take advantage of the weaker without justification. To kill to survive, to eat, for self defence is one thing, but to harm the weak for pleasure or experimentation or some unnecessary advantage is fundamentally wrong.

What happens, when a secret actor concludes that he can serve the public good by harming an innocent child, for eg by setting up a victim so that he can blackmail. Can it ever serve the public good to blackmail? Surely in real politics and between states it must have happened for thousands of years. What if such an unconscionable act averted a war? Would that be justified?

I conclude that if you take such a step it is a slippery step. One act of evil to avert a war will become acts of evil for far pettier benefits and eventually will just be there to perpetuate the evil status quo.

So what can any one do?

Remember yourself always. Every exploitation every evil step no mater what its apparent justification will set you on the wrong path. the right path is usually the more difficult one in every situation.

Good luck to everyone.

Be sincere with yourself if not with others.

58. This legislation was not really designed to assist Joe and Josephine Bloggs was it?

‘Right to be forgotten’ and online search engines ruling

Date: 03/06/2014

As Google announced it would take the necessary measures to comply with the European Court of Justice’s landmark ruling from 13 May on the right to be forgotten, Vice-President Reding said the following: “It is a good development that Google has announced that it will finally take the necessary measures to respect European law. It was about time since European data protection laws exist since 1995. It took the European Court of Justice (ECJ) to say so. The right to be forgotten and the right to free information are not foes but friends.”

To those who claim the ruling and the right to be forgotten endangered media freedom she firmly replied: “It’s not about protecting one at the expense of the other but striking the right balance in order to protect both. The European Court made it clear that two rights do not make a wrong and has given clear directions on how this balance can be found and where the limits of the right to be forgotten lie. The Court also made clear that journalistic work must not be touched; it is to be protected.

Consult a factsheet on ECJ’s ruling pdf(3 MB) Choose translations of the previous link on the ‘right to be forgotten’ for more details, the facts of the case, and how it affects you.

59. Conservatives refuse to reveal guestlist for summer fundraising party

Prime minister’s office claims there is no need to publish a list of invitees as David Cameron was not on ‘official business’
    Rowena Mason and Robert Booth
    The Guardian, Thursday 3 July 2014

No. Sliming round rich donors is not official business.

Meanwhile, the NHS goes down the pan, the roads become more dilapidated, homes are closed,
    disabled benefits are cut, and there is even talk of disposing of parks and open spaces……the list goes on.

Private splendour, public squalor.

This is the meet. Some photos.

60. s/be care homes are closed.

eg
    20 care homes and 17 day centres to be closed down by Devon County Council

Find out what is going on in your own county and fight. You might need care yourselves one day and not be able to afford the cost which is about £1,000 a week in the private sector.

61. I do not link to the Daily Mail, but this one is just slightly above that threshold…

“Police lose 138 convicted paedophiles and many may have fled the country”

I think it’s a pretty safe bet that the ones about which all the MSM fanfare is made about, are the expendables. It seems quite plausible to me that blue blood and useful politician paedo’s would deliberately bring in ordinary John Doe’s to provide distraction in the event that the usual intimidation fails or when investigators managed to get under the radar… just in case. If you were a kingpin of paedophillia, wouldn’t you?

And yes thanks to Hatman 2 Jul, 2014 – 5:49 pm who pointed out the Haut de la Garenne cover up. Please Craig, research the work of Bill Maloney of Pie and Mash filsm and talk to him about the excellent work he has undertaken .

62. Ba'al Zevul (Chimp Assassin)

3 Jul, 2014 - 8:33 am

During his time as one of Thatcher’s protected species, Brittan was outstanding even in that context as a Grade A platinum-plated creep.

And this guy knows where the bodies are buried (maybe, I fear, literally):

Nigel Pantling was one of Brittan’s two private secretaries from 1984. Asked whether he recalled the meeting, Pantling told Exaro: “I have no comment to make whatsoever. I am not saying that I can, I am not saying that I cannot. I have no comment to make whatsoever.”

Possible translation: “I’m damned if I perjure myself for Brittan, and damned if I don’t.”

63. Where are they now?

He gives strategic advice!

64. RE: Haut de la Garenne

If you like your information from more (ex) establishment types then look at what Graham Power has to say. He was the Chief of Police in Jersey who was illegally fired for allowing the investigation into Haut de la Garenne.

Yet again another google search subject to censorship in the UK:

If you prefer your search encensored use .com

65. nevermind, viva beautiful football

3 Jul, 2014 - 8:52 am

I’ll second LWTC’s pleading, because that man has done a lot of work and he’s, no doubt, on a few hitlists but easy to discredit as he was subsumed by the system of ‘childcare’.

The usual celebrity suspects have been sacrificed now we come to those who let were too selfish to ring the alarm buttons, those who look on, sigh and let it happen, because they are the gatekeepers who could have done something about it.

I fear that some other calamitous incident will make this issue secondary, newswise. Control over people is at the heart of this despicable and sordid crime. When will we see interviews of those B actors, who has the report that Brittain ‘lost’? and why should this be the only trail to follow in any investigation of inquiry.

Finally what use is an inquiry that has a brief that looks like blinkers on a horse?

66. @ Clark.

“Canspeccy, Nevermind, and Phil, I agree; the child abuse is just the means. The end is control via blackmail.”

– How do you know? I mean, why are you so sure sexual perversion and indeed even satanism, is a non issue?. So these things in effect don’t exist or have no part to play in anything?

From where I’m standing, it’s all of them. It’s also Talmudic.

67. Brave journos knowing they could be taken out.

Not so sure about their contributors though when you see the names of Lord Carlile and Neville Thurlbeck in the commentary lists.

68. Five more Conservative MPs join cross-party call for CSA inquiry

By David Hencke | 2 July 2014

Five more Conservative MPs – including some party grandees – have joined the call for an overarching inquiry into child sex abuse.

Meanwhile, Lord Brittan today issued two statements to explain what he did with a dossier on VIP paedophiles that was submitted to the Home Office in 1984. As Leon Brittan, he was then home secretary. List of 132 MPs who back the inquiry.

69. For anyone not familiar with Haut de la Garenne:

The union of rampant finance, ruthless corporations, corrupt politicians, compliant media, bent coppers, elite families and paedophilia in Jersey make a very real mafia state, a microcosm of the UK, all the more visible because of it’s small size.

There have been many campaigners on this. For example ex Jersey Senator Stuart Syvret has been imprisoned and censored by google for his trouble.

70. Stuart Syvret is active on Twitter

and he has a blog

71. Lwtc247

I agree with Clark’s analysis. Power through control is the end game.

Of course perversion and even satanic rituals may be part of the process but that does not detract from what seems to be a struggle about power.

Possibly the more satanic side is in itself a distraction conjured by the same forces that enable these crimes.

Bill Maloney is a good man who has pursued this tirelessly. I am not even sure that he would not agree it is all about power. I think he does. However, possibly his focus is more driven by his own demons.

72. Thanks for posting this on your blog.

The evidence indeed points to a paedophile ring, the participants of which received (and still receive?) establishment and police protection. Yes, there are names and conspiracies floating about on the net, but there is nothing that amounts to proof.

Three points:

1. The CPS which has shown such determination to pursue people in the entertainment industry for lesser crimes has not (or cannot) investigate this matter.

2. The evidence of special branch officers intimidating child protection officers with guns gangster-style suggests serious criminal activity which needs investigation.

3. I understand why you don’t wish to blog on this matter further: you can draw inferences from information already in the public domain, but have no special access to evidence. It is a shame that this matter is not a subject of investigation by journalists working outside the restrictions of the UK.

73. Phil.
    “but that does not detract from what seems to be a struggle about power.” – I don’t dispute it is used for manipulation/control, which raises the question WHO is doing the controlling?
    My point was that because people are lured into this in the first place, there must be ‘something’ in it that they want, which seems quite obvious that it’s sexual pleasure (albeit of a perverse nature) and judging by TheDuckShoot says (LB), there are elements of satanism in there too. To atheists however I guess such an issue wouldn’t really make sense.

74. Bena
    “It is a shame that this matter is not a subject of investigation by journalists working outside the restrictions of the UK.”

It is. Leah Mcgrath.

75. LWtc247
    “My point was that because people are lured into this in the first place, there must be ‘something’ in it that they want.”

Power. Money. Kicks. And maybe, although it is hard to believe, love.

I guess we all struggle to understand paedophilia. It is almost too much to contemplate for most of us.

Experts seem to say that it is a learned behaviour, a reaction to experience – it seems all paedophiles had childhood traumas. Usually sexual and violent. Perhaps the nexus with power can be partly explained by the harsh stories one hears about the public school system. Beatings, fags, submission systematically applied might tip some over the edge.

Of course paedophilia is not a class issue. In my life I have come across far too much of it amongst poor people as well. However, I do think it is possibly symptomatic of an elitist patriarchal world that denies the communal and disempowers women.

76. Google have received 50,000 requests to remove search results since the EU ruled this into law. You can get around this absurd law.

Do not use google.co.uk

Do not use google.com (because this will take you to google.co.uk)

Do use google.com/ncr. This will take you dot com and thus not subject to repressive EU censorship laws.

F**k the EU.

77. Soory didn’t create hyperlinks.

Do use: http://www.google.com/ncr

78. If we have any plane spotters there’s some nice footage of some SU25s in Iranian livery landing in Iraq on Tuesday.

79. I used to think ‘aanirfan’ was utter tosh,
    until I looked at it as satire-noir.
    Now I just look at as piss poor stuff.

80. Forget Leon and the paedos! The terrorists are back with a new type of bomb, even better than a pants bomb or a shoe bomb!

81. Sorry, to be clear and tempt you to click the last two links:

Forget Leon and the paedos! The terrorists are back with a new type of bomb, even better than a CIA pants bomb or a made up shoe bomb!

82. O/T Shillary’s in town. She was on Woman’s Hour. Expressed her deep admiration for Miliband and Hague and emphasized the special relationship. Indeed. She went on to describe in great detail the events leading up to the killing of OBL (the worst 35 minutes of her life were spent watching it happen she said) and she was so convincing, it sounded almost true.

Smooth tongued and smooth voiced.
    Note we have a year in which to hear her
    Hillary Clinton
    Duration: 45 minutes
    First broadcast:Thursday 03 July 2014Hillary Clinton was offered the post of US Secretary of State in 2008 by Barack Obama who just months earlier had been her rival for the Democratic Party’s nomination for the presidency. She took the job and with it the challenges of representing her country on the world stage. She talks to Jenni about her new book “Hard Choices’, about the tough decisions she faced in shaping US foreign policy.

In 1973 Billie Jean King performed in the most watched tennis match ever. She played former tennis champion and keen chauvinist Bobby Riggs in The Battle of the Sexes. In a treat from our Archive she talks about a documentary made to mark the 40th anniversary of the match

Vera Brittain, author of Testament of Youth published a controversial pamphlet in 1943 which argued against the Allied use of saturation bombing in Germany during the Second World War. The German city of Hamburg, two thirds of which was destroyed by Allied bombs has decided to honour her by naming a canal after her. Her daughter Baroness Shirley Williams and her friend Helge Rubinstein travelled back to the City last week and describe what it was like to receive the honour which, for different reasons, celebrates both their mothers.

~~
    I heard the end of the programme when the Zionist supporting presenter Jenni Murray* read out a message that had just been sent in. ‘Please run for president Hillary Clinton. You’d be the best grandnmother president in the world’. Yuk.

She is on the One Show tonight. Matt Baker and Alex Jones were wetting their pants last night in anticipation of having this great woman on their show.

* http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/amena-saleem/bbc-ignores-ethnic-cleansing-two-interviews-bedouin-activist

I remember that Murray even managed to plug an Israeli in her piece on her hip surgery and medical problems.
    ‘I’m also going to join a class where an unfamiliar form of exercise is taught. It’s called Feldenkrais and was invented in Israel by an engineer who was also a judo expert.
    He worked out a series of movements based on the engineering of the body. It forces you to move your spine in every direction.’

83. Ba'al Zevul (Chimp Assassin)

3 Jul, 2014 - 12:00 pm

Thanks, Phil.

Keep an eye on this site for future developments.

84. LeicesterLad

3 Jul, 2014 - 12:16 pm

Two words: Magic Circle. I believe the heir to the throne is an Honorary Life Member.

85. “Were the nation’s finest spies so incompetent they didn’t discover what apparently everyone else knew about Savile’s fondness for abusing children, or did they consider abusing children not a good enough reason to bar someone from employment?”

In some instances it might be that paedophile tendencies are in fact a requirement.

“as a regular visitor to Buckingham Palace he would have been exhaustively vetted”

Indeed. It was perfectly fine for Prince Charles to spend the weekend at Savile’s Glencoe cottage, the place that had a room filled with children’s bunk beds:

Then there’s the case of Paul Kidd, servant in the Royal household for over 20 years, sent down for paedophile offences in 1998:

Also Rolf Harris of course, friend and esteemed portrait painter of the monarch.

All vetted, all paedophiles, all welcomed with open arms.

86. The Jimmy Saville allegations have been exhaustively analysed on http://www.annaraccoon.com, especially the allegations surrounding Duncroft Approved School where “Anna” was herself a pupil. They are full of lies, fantasies and impossibilities. The Broadmoor allegations are especially absurd to anyone who’s actually been there as I have. These allegations are exactly what you would expect to surface when the alleged perp is dead and therefore unable to sue for libel, there is no prospect of cross-examination in court, twelve million pounds of Saville’s money is on offer (minus legal fees of course!)plus compensation from the BBC and criminal injuries, the gutter media (which nowadays includes the BBC themselves) are in a feeding frenzy, and (above all) the police have abandoned their proper role of investigators and have taken instead the role of pseudo-counsellors “facilitating closure” and promising that all accusations will be beleived.

This doesn’t mean that all similar allegations are false. It does mean that we’re treading in a minefield of lies, fantasies, and hidden agendas. Especially if the security services are involved, lying blackmail and concealment being after all their modus operandi. There are many fantasists, psychotics, and pathological liars operating in this field- check a few back issues of Nexus megazine if you want examples! But then again, the protectors of Authority who have something genuine to hide will encourage the most unbeleivable fantasists, feeding them disinformation, to discredit more substantial allegations. There’s also the complicating factor that psychotics, addicts, and even habitual liars do sometimes tell the truth, and are obvious targets for abusers due to their lack of credibility, poverty, and (often) background in coercive institutions.

The Elm Guest House list lacks credibility IMO. Ray Wyre was, until his early death, the most highly-respected expert on the treatment of paedophilia in this country. He was involved in the PROSECUTION of many paedophiles, and was doubtless hated by those who rejected therapy and wished to continue their activities without interference. Colin Jordan was a notorious British Nazi. I can beleive most conspiracy theories (JFK, RFK, 9/11, Hess, UFO coverups, etc) but the idea of Jordan socialising with a senior member of Sinn Fein is a bridge too far. Most of the other names are just well-known gays or alleged gays- from an era (1980s) when even Boy George and Marc Almond did not admit to being homosexual.

But Craig is right to raise this issue, however difficult it is to sort the brave (but often very damaged) truth-tellers from the (sometimes clever and well-protected) liars with their many differing agendas. We should never forget Hitler’s assertion that (approximate quote) “If you’re going to lie, tell the biggest lie and stick to it. Small people tell small lies every day, but haven’t the guts to tell a huge lie, and so assume that no one else would either.”

If Smith, a very “local” northern politician, was really protected by SB, who are London-based, then this does suggest he was protected not for his own sake but for fear of whom else he might bring down with him.

87. Gideon has no paedophile tendencies as far as we know. It was drugs and a black prostitute I seem to remember.

Anyway some pushy parents have put their children up to appear in this filmed Q and A with him. Propaganda for next year’s election.

Osborne: ‘I Could Have Done More’ For Economy

The Chancellor is quizzed by readers of children’s newspaper First News in an exclusive interview for Sky News.http://news.sky.com/story/1293968/osborne-i-could-have-done-more-for-economy

88. lwtc247, 8:53 am:

“How do you know? I mean, why are you so sure sexual perversion and indeed even satanism, is a non issue?”

Sexual perversion and Satanism are not non-issues, but they are personal. They help explain why specific individuals got involved. They don’t explain the protection by Special Branch and MI5.

Satanism does make sense to atheists; it’s just another form of religion, and like all religions, it provides many of its participants with excuses to do appalling things and helps them believe stuff that obviously isn’t true.

89. Pete

“The Jimmy Saville allegations have been exhaustively analysed on [some crap site], especially the allegations surrounding Duncroft Approved School where “Anna” was herself a pupil. They are full of lies, fantasies and impossibilities.”

I followed your link. I didn’t find any exhaustive analysis. The couple of Duncroft articles I skimmed were far from this. Please explain how the allegations are disproved and maybe even link to a piece that offers more than opinion.

“The Broadmoor allegations are especially absurd to anyone who’s actually been there as I have.”

Please explain what about Broadmoor makes the allegations untrue.

“There are many fantasists, psychotics, and pathological liars operating in this field- check a few back issues of Nexus megazine if you want examples!”

Yes I would like examples! Any chance you can provide links rather than suggest we search a back catalogue for something we are not sure what it is?

“from an era (1980s) when even Boy George and Marc Almond did not admit to being homosexual.”

Ok. I’ve just realised, you are talking s**t. I should have read your whole comment before replying. Bye.

90. Baal
    “Wormsgame”

?? Sorry, that’s lost on me.

91. No 10’s Patrick Rock charged and will appear at Southwark Crown Court in a fortnight.

Patrick Rock: Ex-Govt Aide Faces Court
    Patrick Rock is charged with making and possessing indecent photographs of children.

I notice ‘ex-Govt’. Gone off with the pension and goodies one assumes.

92. Has Pete ever commented here before?

93. Lone Dissenting Voice

3 Jul, 2014 - 4:54 pm

You all seem to have taken leave of your senses. Even the more sensible people who comment here appear to have truly bought into this absurd fairytale. Perhaps you all now believe in giant alien lizards in high places, too? Wake up !

94. “Ray Wyre was, until his early death, the most highly-respected expert on the treatment of paedophilia in this country”

Not exactly. His techniques were controversial. His use of group therapy was not widely supported and his plan to position a clinic for child abuse victims next to his clinic for sex offenders was considered daft and was rejected.

“He was involved in the PROSECUTION of many paedophiles, and was doubtless hated by those who rejected therapy and wished to continue their activities without interference”

Proves nothing. And why “doubtless”? Such a position would be ideal for a serious paedophile. Before becoming a social worker Wyre was a priest.

95. “Even the more sensible people who comment here appear to have truly bought into this absurd fairytale”

Which absurd fairy tale did you have in mind?

96. Lone Dissenting Voice
    “You all seem to have taken leave of your senses.”

So you have said. Twice. I am definitely open to not believing this but you offer nothing except your indignant incredulity. Got an argument?

97. @Mary, odd question you ask, but yes I have commented here before, though I doubt if I will bother to do so again. Will still read Craig’s blog of course, as he is genuinely very knowledgable and intelligent even when I disagree with him.

@Phil, I don’t normally reply to verbal abuse, but in answer to your question about Broadmoor, due to the nature of the patients treated there, no staff member is ever left alone with a patient. Even more so someone was not a health professional but a volunteer.

As to your remarks about having “skimmed” the Duncroft articles on the annaraccoon site, in the less than 2.5 hours between my post and yours you would not have had the time to even “skim” these very long articles, let alone to read them properly. And they’re not the kind of articles you can “skim” anyway.

@MJ The fact that Ray Wyre was an ex-priest doesn’t “prove” anything either.

98. Fool
    “I conclude that if you take such a step it is a slippery step.”

I am way out of my shallow depths discussing philosophy but I think your comment touches on a well trodden tension exemplified by the polar perspectives of utilitarianism and Immanuel Kant.

Like you seem to be, Fool, I am in the Kant camp (although for possibly different reasons). Never take action to abuse an individual in the name of a greater good.

99. Pete

“I don’t normally reply to verbal abuse”

Well I don’t normally reply to whiny types with zero to contribute. I do have a naturally course tone and will say the s word when someone says idiotic untruths as if they had meaning. Don’t be so easily offended and try not to talk nonsense instead. Almond and Boy George were so out in the 1980s. It makes you look a ridiculous to say otherwise.

“no staff member is ever left alone with a patient”

OK thanks for this response but Edwina Curry and others have said Saville had a set of pass keys and the run of the place. So any rule about being alone would seem fairly irrelevant.

“2.5 hours between my post and yours you would not have had the time to even “skim” these very long articles”

You must be a slow reader. I can skim tow articles in 2.5 hours.

I notice you again fail to explain how she destroys the case against Saville or provide a link to her “exhaustive analysis”.

Instead of tone trolling why not provide some reason for your assertions. Otherwise you come across as full of the s word stuff. Now f word off and cry to your mum.

100. Ahhhh. Blockquotes format error. Mods any chance of a preview button?

101. Lone Dissenting Voice

3 Jul, 2014 - 6:19 pm

MJ:
    “Which absurd fairytale did you have in mind?”

The fairytale about conspiracies between evil, supernaturally libidinous child-abusers in positions of great power, obviously.

Step back and look at it for a moment. It is utterly implausible.

And, yes, Phil, that is the sum of my argument. It is unbelievable, so I don’t believe it.

Occam’s Razor is an essential tool of sanity. Discard it at your peril.

102. @Lone Dissenting Voice

MJ:
    “Which absurd fairytale did you have in mind?”

You mean like the child sexual abuse crimes committed by Catholic priests and nuns and covered up for years and years by the church?

103. Lone Dissenting Voice

I think you’ve misunderstood Occam’s Razor. It doesn’t mean unyielding cling to the easiest answer.

It is uncomfortable to consider that those who run this country are up to such tricks but Occam’s Razor is moot facing a growing weight of evidence.

Have you actually listened to people such as Graham Power or other people who ruined their establishment careers to speak out. Why would these people do this?

104. “The fairytale about conspiracies between evil, supernaturally libidinous child-abusers in positions of great power, obviously”

With the debris removed that means conspiracies between child-abusers in positions of power. Why is that obviously a fairy-tale? it’s wholly consistent with the known facts.

“Step back and look at it for a moment. It is utterly implausible”

I’ve stepped back and I’ve looked at it for a moment. Still don’t see why it’s utterly implausible. Please give your reasoning.

105. @Phil. I’m sure you can read several articles in 2.5 hours, if by “read” you mean “look at”. But you can’t actually think about them in so short a time.

Your remark about pass keys suggests you have never been to Broadmoor or any other secure institution. Whereas I have spent years working in such places. You don’t just wander round Broadmoor, pass keys or no.

“Whiny… zero to contribute… full of shit… tone trolling… fuck off and cry to your mum…” Blimey, Phil, whatever must it be like to be you? To be so full of hate for people you’ll never even meet? But hey- that’s the magic of the internet! Have a good evening now and try not to burst a blood vessel.

106. Pete

I said I can skim two articles in 2.5 hours and I can. I did. I am unsure why you find that surprising.

“I distinctly remember BG and MA denying they were gay in the early 80s, in any case you know very well that being gay was still considered scandalous by many people at that time.”

Well you distinctly remember wrong. Which you know. It’s why you backtrack. I cannot be held responsible for not taking into account something you say later. You do understand that don’t you?

Mostly, I again note you offer nothing to substantiate your assertion that the case against Saville has been demolished. Instead you prefer to continue your whiny tone trolling.

107. Strangetown

3 Jul, 2014 - 8:41 pm

concerning the Tory fundraiser last summer:

Conservatives refuse to reveal guestlist for summer fundraising party

David Cameron was asked in parliament today about revelations uncovered by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism that a representative of the Bahrain government sat with Britain’s defence secretary at last year’s Conservative Summer party.

Yesterday, the Bureau revealed that Lord Clanwilliam whose firm acts for the government of Bahrain headed one of the more prominent tables and hosted defence secretary Philip Hammond at the Conservative fundraiser last year….

108. Matt Prodger of the Beeb has interviewed GD’s son, Barry-

“I would like Lord Brittan to name the very next person he handed it on to.

“And where did it end up?

A pertinent question unlikely to elicit a straight answer from Brittan, given the response of Mr Pantling, as linked to by Ba’al Zavul earlier.

109. Lone Dissenting Voice

3 Jul, 2014 - 9:56 pm

Phil:
    “Have you actually listened to people such as Graham Power … Why would these people do this?”

No, I haven’t, but the same thing can be said of various fervent UFO enthusiasts, 9/11 ‘truthers’ and the like. And indeed also David Icke, who abandoned a successful career to tell us about alien giant lizards.

110. It seems fairly likely that the phone hacking and paedophile scandals were connected. The Savile stories had been sat on by the media until News International was threatened with court action, at which point they published what they knew about Savile as a warning to others. The bizarre situation with the late Alistair McAlpine suggested a very raw nerve indeed was touched, and the allegations raised by his accuser were never satisfactorily resolved.
    What’s striking from reading the internet stories is how many senior politicians seem to have been compromised by being closet homosexuals or paedophiles. You wonder what decisions they made merely because of the threat of blackmail hanging over them.
    Let’s hope all this is blown out into the open and we found out the truth.
    Like you, Craig, I was sceptical to begin with about these stories, but there seems a lot of evidence. Then you start realising how many other things we believed were officially true look very shaky under the light of shared information on the internet…

111. LDV: if one powerful actor has intelligence on a powerful opponent or a pawn who can effect that opponent than blackmail is a possibility; hasn’t that always been obvious. As to the facts of these allegations I don’t know.

Phil: I like to keep philosophy simple – its life that is difficult; this battle between the means versus the end is with us all the time on all levels; eg shall I read and post on line, watch TV and day dream, or laugh talk compose poetry and engage with real people.

This thread has made me think about Scotland and new countries (not that I am suggesting that Scotland would be a new country). I read this thread this morning and then some of the links and its so unpleasant I thought well maybe Scotland should be independent and wash its hands of this (not that any one place is really likely to be without at least some of the depravity of the other), and then I thought about Israel and how it really had to struggle to become independent and then to stand up as a country. They were really intelligent and tough. They knew they had to fight to avoid being extinguished and I don’t know much about their tricks, I read a book on Mossad but I don’t know if it was a good one or what they really have got up to, only that their reputation is exceptionally tough i.e. they may from time to time have taken the end justifies the means approach. Surely Occam’s razor suggests that a security service (especially one dealing with foreign states as opposed to internal) may tend towards the end over the means; who would want an idealistic security service?

Anyway,all that woffle leaves me thinking how will / would an independent Scotland deal with this everlasting means/ends challenge. Good Luck.

112. @Fool: The ends are never justified by the means, because the act of doing it will change the end(s).

Once at war that should become obvious… the great challenge for the high officers of state in the post-1945 world is (should be) to make sure war doesn’t happen in the first place. With MAD, in a mad sort of way that seemed to work… although millions of innocents were still brutally murdered ultimately for no end reason but to prove that the end does not justify the means. Politics is obviously a very dirty business, and only now are we getting a glimpse of just how dirty it became. When will people learn?

113. Lone Dissenting Voice

4 Jul, 2014 - 12:19 am

MJ:
    “It’s wholly consistent with the known facts”

What “facts” ?

114. What struck me about the Cyril Smith and Jimmy Savile cases is how relatively minor these figures were. If the Spy Agencies MI5 and MI6 are prepared to protect minor establishment figures like Smith and Savile from justice for horrible crimes like serial pedophilia, then the bar for Zersetzen, and other crimes of these secret police services, must be very low indeed.

115. Peacewisher

4 Jul, 2014 - 1:22 am

I remember seeing Jimmy Savile appear on Celebrity Big Brother… the one with George Galloway, Pete something and various young things. Just seeing JS make an appearance gave me the creeps, but George Galloway seemed to receive him warmly, and proceeded to tell the young things about how great JS was with all his charity work, etc.

Conclusion: GG doesn’t grovel to many people but he was grovelling to JS. Why? Of course GG is an MP… I wonder if other MPs showed deference to JS in that way, and if they did… again, why?

116. Peacewisher: “@Fool: The ends are never justified by the means, because the act of doing it will change the end(s).” I agree.

117. Lone Dissenting Voice
    “These people all earnestly believe what they are saying, but that doesn’t prove they are right.”

Ok, so how might you explain all this away.

Sure, I could go with a group of disaffected outcasts experiencing false memories. However, this is way more than that. This is people who have had their establishment lives turned upside down for some weird inexplicable reason.

Your thesis requires a mass hysteria taking in hundreds of victims, politicians, coppers (including one chief constable), social workers, journalists…can you provide any precedent for such widespread mania that runs contrary to established mores?

I can provide a very recent precedent for your refusal to listen. In fact Andy already did above. Your position echos all those who so recently couldn’t accept that a priest may abuse children.

What we are presented with now is the priest scandal with a wholly recognisable layer of power struggle thrown in. It rings true. The volume and diversity of testimonies cannot be easily dismissed.

118. The keys to Broadmoor were specially gold plated for him if I remember rightly.

God. The sight of a photo of him in those shorts or his shiny shell suits with that dammed cigar in his mouth makes me heave.

119. Ba'al Zevul (Chimp Assassin)

4 Jul, 2014 - 8:26 am

O/T.

Blair popped up here:

(Nauseating content)

I would like it on record that if there is anything I can do (not tooillegally) to wipe the smile off that lying, conniving, buttlicking fraud’s face, I’ll do it for free and without obligation.

120. Ba'al Zevul (Chimp Assassin)

4 Jul, 2014 - 8:39 am

GG was pretty struck with Saddam Hussein, too*. Who was not a nice man. Savile, prior to the shit hitting the fan, was a very positive addition – by association – to any politician’s brand. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But it’s interesting perhaps to note that while the management strata of the institutions Savile polluted were happy to facilitate his activities, the workers at the face seem to have been aware of his unpleasant tendencies, and even to have said so occasionally. They were ignored. Charidee cash and the reflected glow of celebrity trumped any other consideration. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

*Looking at the ensuing shambles, it’s arguable he was right. But that’s another argument.

121. Ba'al Zevul (Chimp Assassin)

4 Jul, 2014 - 8:59 am

Worms game (@Phil)
    Flippant aside: the latest alleged threat is from terrorists implanting bombs in themselves. This led me to think that our security services had misspent their youths playing Worms – in which the worms can be made to explode to clear a passage through an obstacle, and blow themselves up anyway if the player is careless. And that maybe the next evil jihadist ploy may also be found in the game. I admit this was obscure, and maybe still is…

122. “What “facts” ?”

You clearly have a lot of catching up to do.

In the case of Savile there is the fact that he was a serial abuser of thousands of children over the course of at least four decades, crimes that he carried out with impunity. There is also the fact that his activities were, we are now led to believe, an open secret among his BBC colleagues yet nevertheless he was closely associated with the Royal family, prime ministers and other members of the ruling elite and had free access to patients in several of our hospitals.

Then there is the case of all those care homes – Jersey, Wrexham, Belfast and Rochdale among others – where substantial evidence of systematic sexual abuse came to light yet investigations were thwarted before they could be concluded and reports always “lost”.

Just on the basis of these basic facts it’s difficult not to conclude that Savile received protection from the very top and you have to wonder why. Having said that, I imagine that if your mind fills with ufos, aliens and lizards every time the subject comes up it’s probably quite easy for the seriousness of it all to pass you by.

123. PM Orders Probe Into Paedophile Dossier

David Cameron steps into the row over the files containing allegations of paedophile activity at Westminster in the 1980s.

The civil servant appointed to carry out the inquiry is Mark Sedwill who was Ambassador to Afghanistan.

124. Lone Dissenting Voice

4 Jul, 2014 - 9:42 pm

MJ:
    “…it’s difficult not to conclude that Savile received protection from the very top”

Only if you are determined stubbornly to believe every last wild, outlandlandish, unproven allegation against him.

This is what I mean about stepping back and remembering Occam’s Razor.

In order to sustain your cherished conclusion about the unnatural and evil nature of those who hold power over us, you are having to work backwards and dream up ever more extravagant and unlikely theories about widespread conspiracies.

A dramatically more parsimonious explanation is that there is no such thing as evil, that people, even famous and powerful people, are only human, and that the overwhelming majority of recent lurid rumours and allegations are the product of over-active imaginations and, yes, mass hysteria. Such a thing does exist.

And, by the way, that logic applies equally to the recent mania for clerical child abuse.

125. What are you talking about, Lone shill voice? Occam’s Razor points straight to Savile. It was the BBC and mass media creating all that smoke and mirrors that stopped people believing the most likely explanation…

126. Thank you, “Fool” (anything but…) It is common sense that actions have unforeseen consequences. I think they know that anyway, and just use the mantra as a justification.

127. You asked for the known facts and I gave you some. You did not address them. If you were making a substantive point I’m afraid it got lost amongst all the adjectives. What is your view, stated soberly? That Savile was not a paedophile, had no victims, was not protected by the state and that we’ve all been brain-washed by David Icke into thinking otherwise?

128. Lone Dissenting Voice

5 Jul, 2014 - 1:28 am

MJ:
    My soberly stated view is that most people are unduly credulous of unsubstantiated claims of industrial scale child abuse, whether by priests, ageing celebrities or politicians; that very few of the “facts” you list amount to anything, even though you seem desperately to want them to; and that there is no high level conspiracy or cover up.

Peacewisher:

“Shill” is not a word to throw around lightly.

You accuse me of being in the pay of dark forces, simply because I express scepticism.

Hmm.

It had struck me before I read your comment, that when commenter Pete mildly suggested above that Jimmy Savile was slightly less supernaturally wicked than commenter Phil wanted to believe, commenter Phil’s outrage was comparable to a that of a fervent religious adherent whose faith had been challenged.

Child abuse seems to be the new religion, with nonbelievers regarded as evil heretics not to be tolerated.

Get a grip, people, or you’ll find yourselves hanging your neighbours from lamp posts.

129. “My soberly stated view is that most people are unduly credulous of unsubstantiated claims of industrial scale child abuse, whether by priests, ageing celebrities or politicians”

How fascinating. I was wondering however whether you had any actual views of your own on the matter in hand. What for instance would comprise a substantiated claim of child abuse, such that you would accept its veracity?

130. Lone Dissenting Voice

5 Jul, 2014 - 3:00 am

People suddenly remembering something that happened to them decades ago, never having mentioned it to anybody before, when the person they are accusing is dead so can’t sue them, and when there’s the prospect of compensation in the air. That sounds good enough substantiation for anybody, I’m sure you agree.

131. If you aren’t a shill, what is the purpose of your presence on this blog, trying to defend the indefensible?

132. erichardcastle

5 Jul, 2014 - 11:01 am

Chris Fay was never a ‘child protection officer”. He was clerk in the council.
    How can we believe the rest of the article if you cannot get simple facts like this right and print info from a convicted conman like Fay who ripped off dozens of pensioners in the infamous London Olyimpic’s boiler-room scam.

133. “People suddenly remembering something that happened to them decades ago, never having mentioned it to anybody before, when the person they are accusing is dead”

In 2013 DPP Keir Starmer said: “I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for the shortcomings in the part played by the CPS in these cases”

134. Sedwill the civil servant chosen by Cameron to investigate the disappearance of THAT dossier, is now employing a ‘legal figure’ to assist him.

The ball is being kicked into even longer grass.

135. Peacewisher

5 Jul, 2014 - 7:17 pm

Cameron taking advice from Tony Blair again?

136. Question of priority
    After an inquiry involving 195 officers at its height, four journalists and a private investigator are sentenced for eavesdropping on voicemail messages.

Meanwhile, the Home Office reveals how many police are examining allegations of a cover-up of ‘stomach-churning’ allegations of child abuse at the heart of the political establishment.

The answer is just seven.

Doesn’t this imbalance suggest something has gone awry with the authorities’ sense of proportion?

5 July 2014

137. They’ve gone for sure. What a stench and what a stinking rotten country we are living in.

Child abuse files lost at Home Office spark fears of cover-up
    Calls for ‘overarching, Hillsborough-style’ inquiry as it emerges that a total of 114 documents are missing from official records
    Daniel Boffey, policy editor

The Observer, Saturday 5 July 2014 20.30 BST

138. Lone Dissenting Voice

6 Jul, 2014 - 1:30 am

MJ:
    “There were several attempts to bring prosecutions during Savile’s lifetime. These all floundered.”

So you conclude: CONSPIRACY !

Peacewisher:
    “What is the purpose of your presence on this blog?”

Primarily to relieve my insomnia and boredom, since you ask. What about you?

139. Lord Brittan is ‘quizzed’ on rape charge. Really? So what next?

Warning. Mask like image.

140. List of 1983/1984 newspaper reports of the various dossiers handed in by Geoffrey Dickens. Easily 114 amongst this lot, I’d say.

Also gives a flavour that journalists at the time seemed content to leave any investigation up to the authorities and Scotland Yard. There doesn’t seem to have been any real digging by the press going on.

A “Top television executive” was among the names. How intriguing, I wonder who that was?

141. “It is not possible in your universe that the cases may have floundered because they lacked merit?”

In my universe Keir Starmer’s apology suggests quite the opposite. By the way, DPP stands for Director of Public Prosecutions and CPS stands for Crown Prosecution Service. Hope that helps.

142. You need to research Savile more – he was the key ring master to the elite

143. A whole lot of protesting going on by Vaz.

Keith Vaz criticises Home Office for losing sex abuse files

Vaz criticises sex abuse file loss
    Files seem to have been lost “on an industrial scale” at the Home Office over historical child sex abuse claims, the chairman of the home affairs select committee says.

144. “it emerges that a total of 114 documents are missing from official records”

Interesting that they know the precise number of missing documents. They must have been logged. Looks like someone missed a trick.

145. Have none of these Home Secretaries (who are still alive) got anything to say or tell us?

* Merlyn Rees (10 September 1976 – 4 May 1979) ~
    * William Whitelaw (5 May 1979 – 11 June 1983) #
    * Leon Brittan (11 June 1983 – 2 September 1985) #
    * Douglas Hurd (2 September 1985 – 26 October 1989) #
    * David Waddington (26 October 1989 – 28 November 1990) ~
    * Kenneth Baker (28 November 1990 – 10 April 1992) #
    * Kenneth Clarke (10 April 1992 – 27 May 1993) #
    * Michael Howard (27 May 1993 – 2 May 1997) ~
    * Jack Straw (2 May 1997 – 8 June 2001) #
    * David Blunkett (8 June 2001 – 15 December 2004) †
    * Charles Clarke (15 December 2004 – 5 May 2006) #
    * John Reid (5 May 2006 – 27 June 2007) ~
    * Jacqui Smith (28 June 2007 –

146. “he was the key ring master to the elite”

I wonder who has taken over the job?

147. Lone Dissenting Voice
    “…when commenter Pete mildly suggested above that Jimmy Savile was slightly less supernaturally wicked than commenter Phil wanted to believe, commenter Phil’s outrage was comparable to a that of a fervent religious adherent whose faith had been challenged.”

My faith?! You are hilariously wrong. You haven’t read this blog much have you? I have been positively calm and polite on this article! You should see me when I am ruffled mate.

You are commenting heavily on this thread but are clearly unfamiliar with this blog. It seems this subject has a special place in your heart.

You offer nothing to substantiate your assertions. You tone troll. You misrepresent. You claim you are merely killing boredom. You are a bullshitter. Go fuck yourself.

148. Phil: best not be too harsh. It may just be that her carer has been on holiday this week.

149. Sorry MJ I just wanted to point out that anyone who did not know I can be a sweary gobshite is probably not a reader of comments on this blog. Why is she here on this thread rejecting engagement except to tone troll and be patronising?

150. And I am quite open to the idea of a degree of mass hysteria but the lack of substance from the two strangers here presenting this thesis makes we wonder if there is an agenda.

“Pete” claimed he does comment, made a couple of comments on another thread and then disappeared. “Lone Dissenting Voice” has only commented on this thread.

They even, as new commentators and strangers to each other, did that mutually supportive thing.

I do try to not read an agenda into people commenting here and of course they could be genuine readers who just chose to comment on this thread. Or are they working for some PR company?

We can never know. Has there ever been a troll on the internet. I am sure Pete and Lone Dissenting Voice would say it’s a hysterical idea.

I suppose it doesn’t matter.

151. A piece of theatre will be acted out in the HoC.

MPs To Question Top Official Over Abuse Claims

The Home Office’s most senior civil servant will answer questions on missing files alleging historical child abuse by politicians.

152. Great to find this blog with all the links. I’m incredulous at the suggestion by 2 commenters that the abuse is somehow exaggerated – seems clearer literally by the second that on the contrary, it has been suppressed, downplayed and understated for decades.
    I’m yet to get to grips with the blackmail angle but can well imagine those cynical bartsards will make use of whatever they can.
    Have to say I am completely horrified by this, for me it’s a revelation. I knew nothing about the political wing of the Paedophile thing.
    F*ck. it’s horrific.

153. Here are of the names named by Mary Moss, with her annotations and occasional errors:

Anthony Blunt, Royal Connections, MI5, traitor, Russian spy deceased.
    Harvey Proctor, Monday Club, well known convicted paedophile.
    Sir Peter Bottomley. Worthing MP and Monday Club
    Charles Irving
    Leon Britton, Lord, ex Thatcher Minister
    Peter Brooke, Life Peer
    John Rowe, MI5, former MP
    Cyril Smith, deceased, ex Rochdale MP
    Ron Brown
    Colin Jordan, Politician and author
    George Tremlett, Former GLC Leader
    Peter Campbell, Monday Club
    Gary Walker, Sinn Fein
    Cliff Richard,aged Pop Star, known at Elm Guest House as ‘Kitty’
    Jess Conrad, aged ex Pop Star.
    Ron Wells, aged Musician, aka ‘Gladys’ at Elm Guest House.
    Richard Miles, Monday Club
    Chris Denning, ex BBC DJ, convicted paedophile.
    R Langley, Buckingham Palace Equerry
    Terry Dwyer
    Patrick Puddles
    Louis Minster, Head of Richmond Social Services
    Colin Peters, QC – a convicted paedophile sentenced to 8 years in 1989
    Steve Everett, Senior Westminster Social worker
    Ray Wire, so called expert on Paedophile therapy
    Peter Glencross, editor of Monday Club newsletter
    Guy Hamilton Blackwell, son of Westland Helicopters Chairman
    The following Police Officers and an alleged informant also appear on Mary Moss’s list for some reason:
    Colin Peters QC, Police informant and convicted paedophile.
    D. Naismith, Chief Constable Wandsworth
    DC Chris Carter, CID Richmond
    DC David Lines, CID Barnes
    DC Ron Thornton, CID Richmond
    PC Roderick Smeaton
    WPC Sheila McInnes
    PC Chris Wicks
    WPC Elizabeth Meredith
    PC Alan Jones

More here.

Cliff Richard has a super-injunction out.

He can’t send in Special Branch with guns though. Certain members of a German carpet-bagging billionaire family (clue: what royal sycophant Stephen Fry calls “Fuckingham Palace”) can though.

If it can happen to King Juan Carlos…

154. At least this one has owned up. He will be sentenced on September 1st.

Internationally acclaimed conductor admits Chetham’s sex assault
    Nicholas Smith’s guilty plea comes in the wake of the suicide of Frances Andrade, who was abused by the former music director at Chetham’s School of Music
    04 Jul 2014

~~

The inquest into Francis Andrade’s death has opened. Her life was wrecked by the Brewers who are now in prison. Her life is ended.

Abuse witness Frances Andrade ‘in despair’ over trial, inquest hears

155. We Live in Plato’s Republic, not just as a co-incidence (ie, that this is just how Oligarchies tend to pan-out) but as a conscious and deliberate strategy amongst some sections of the ‘elite’. And paedophilia is an integral part of it.

We have all seen before evidence and rumour that paedophilia is endemic within the ‘elite’ classes, but it is actually written-in to Plato’s Republic, and seems to be taken as a strategic model, and by some as a religiously-followed blue-print for our control and exploitation, and, of course, their fun and profit.

This quote from the great Joseph Campbell’s seminal work on mythology, belief and culture, “The Masks of God (New York: Viking Penguin Inc. 1964)”, Volume III “Occidental Mythology”, chapter 5 “The Persian Period; v.-the gods of love” —

“Professor Warner Fite of Princeton years ago pricked the bubble of the late Victorian version of Plato’s ideal of love by pointing out to a generation ignorant of Greek that Professor Jowett’s translation (which was the one they were all reading in school) renders [Plato’s] orthos paiderastein, ‘the right kind of pederasty’, as ‘true-love’. So that all then knew—as most had already guessed—that boy-love, pederasty, which in most of the published moral codes of the world counts as a heinous offence against Nature, was for Plato’s model company the one true way to spirituality and the sublimation of mere nature into fine discourse, poetry, science excellence, and the perfect city state.”

and referenced, Warner Fite, The Platonic Legend (New York and London: Scribners and Sons, 1934), p153.

I believe that once all that is being done to us, our children and future, all life on earth, and the earth itself, is clearly, concisely and lucidly articulated amongst ‘us’, then ‘they’ are finished.

‘They’ know this.

156. Sounds to me that the first list of people to be ‘named’ need to be all the Special Branch thugs. They all need putting in clink and having their pensions removed.

I can’t think of anything more foul and disgusting than senior police officers nobbling victims of crime to prevent rightful prosecutions taking place.

To hear David Mellor’s ghastly words in the Guardian put alongside this stuff just tells you the state of the Conservative Party on this matter. Not to mention Tebbitt trying to imply that the Thatcher Govt was uniquely honorable in modern times.

Now if Special Branch were nobbling, then either they were being nobbled themselves (only MI6, Mossad, CIA, KGB, the Royal Family and hereditary peers come to mind as potential suspects there) or there were very senior police officers involved. As I’ve heard on good authority that there are very senior police officers living abroad off the proceeds of drug-related corruption, this really should come as too great a shock if it were true.

157. Quel surprise! What do we, the 99%, know? ‘They’ knew this all the time.

Sex Abuse: Missing Files ‘Probably Destroyed’
    Mark Sedwill faces questioning at the Home Affairs Select Committee about his department’s handling of child abuse allegations.

158. http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/margaret-thatcher-personally-covered-up-3848836

Ms Thatcher’s name being brought up now. Blimey, as they say. Her friendship with Jimmy Savile has been hinted at, but not really covered in the main newspapers. Nobody is accusing Thatcher of being involved with any of these sick activities, but according to this article, she turned a blind eye to the ‘predelicitons’ of a rising star. I’m seeing similarities to Joe Paterno here, and his guilt by inaction.

Again, I’m curious as to why the tabs, and some ‘serious’ papers, are covering all this. Normally it’s D Notice time, and ‘national security’ mantras. I suppose, of course, that the fact that Thatcher is dead may be a factor. Weird how the stories that were previously confined to the outer-edges of the intersphere are now being reported seriously. Very big names indeed could be involved, if other stories are to be believed. I think other posters are aware of the names, and I don’t want to get anyone sued, but it could all get a bit strange, well even stranger.

And, I begin to suspect that these allegations are very much linked to the ‘emergency’ laws beign forced through. Linked in a bad way, not in a ‘catch the abuser’ way, alas.

159. Am a bit alarmed by your mention of Zionism in the same post as your discussion of Janner and paedophilea.

Just seems to me that suggesting the Jews might somehow be responsible for the current alleged Westminster paedophile ring/cover up might not be a hugely wise move.

Can we just stick to investigating the abuse of power and privilege and refrain from bringing in race etc?

160. Just typical Ickeism