Reply To: Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen Reply To: Blog Housekeeping Point – Marine Le Pen

mods-cm-org

Thank you for your comment, Markus. I accept that the moderation comments could be perceived as terse. However, the objective is not to prevent commentary, but to keep it within acceptable boundaries.

Please note that ‘RandomComment’ was not slapped down, moderated or criticized. RC did not express explicit support for either Marine Le Pen or Geert Wilders; however, he/she was sailing pretty close to the edge. The message could be construed as attempting to humanise their well-known policies of exclusion on the grounds of nationality, race and religion. The moderation reminder was posted to warn other commenters that expressing sympathy for such odious views would be wasted effort as the comments would be removed. Craig’s ruling was debated at length in the relevant thread, which you are welcome to peruse in detail: https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/04/blog-housekeeping-point/comment-page-1/#comments

To clarify, there is no ban on discussing right-wing European politics nor the policies of Marine Le Pen. However, there is a ban on supporting, advocating or sympathising with fascist policies – and Craig clearly identifies Marine Le Pen as a racist and a fascist. You may disagree, and you are welcome to say so here.

Craig is adamant that he does not want people expressing support for xenophobes or xenophobic policies on this website.

April 25, 2017 at 15:39

Nobody is preventing you discussing the matters you just in fact discussed. You are being prevented from expressing support for Ms LePen. If that bothers you, you should leave and not return. My suspicion is many of the so-called “left wing” Brexiteers who comment on this site are in fact supporters of LePen and her ilk. I am calling them out.
You have only to condemn Ms LePen and her racism, and you can discuss what you like about globalisation …

April 26, 2017 at 10:33

As I very clearly stated, expressing support for Marine LePen, who is a fascist, will get you banned.

April 26, 2017 at 10:31

I am not denying anyone free speech. The internet is an almost infinite available space. I do not want supporters of fascism on my blog any more than I would want them in my home. I am sorry if you do not like it.

April 25, 2017 at 13:13

If I owned a pub I would not be obliged to allow the BNP to hold meetings in it. I do not believe people ought not be allowed to support fascism. I just do not wish them to do it on my website.

April 25, 2017 at 15:11

If they drank sociably I would not ban them. If they made racist and BNP supporting comments I would ban them from the pub. Seems a perfectly good parallel to me.

You may regard his condemnation of Le Pen as excessively harsh – but he’s the boss and them’s the rules. There is certainly no equivocation, so you should be in no doubt as to what kind of political statements are deemed unacceptable here. If you disagree, you are welcome to voice your dissent in this forum – as long as you remain within those rhetorical boundaries. If, however, you actually want to voice support for Le Pen or Wilder, your comments would be more likely to survive moderation on a right-wing forum such as 8chan.

I hope that’s cleared up any confusion.

Regards,
Mod.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by modbot.
  • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by modbot.