Reply To: On/Off-Guardian Balls

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum On/Off-Guardian Balls Reply To: On/Off-Guardian Balls

Dungroanin

Reply ↓
Dungroanin
February 16, 2020 at 00:12
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

[ Mod: This piece is off-topic, as it isn’t related to the current UK government. You’re welcome to share it in the discussion forums, though. ]

I hate to share anything from the Groaniad but This is too brilliant not to share. The too early taken Jeremy Hardy. A snippet…

Someone once said that seeing is believing, which is not the case. I’ve seen Tony Blair.
Jeremy Hardy Speaks to the Nation, 2007

Some comedy fans just want the stuff about how hard it is to find the end of the cling film. I’d rather be doing that, to be honest. But sadly I’ve been cast a bum steer in life because I’m a political comedian. And it’s a miserable time to be a political comedian… People say: “Oh it must be good for you. Trump must be good for you comics.” But you know what, I think an untrammelled, expanding Israeli state is a high price to pay for some fake tan gags really.
MAP Comedy Night, Feb 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/feb/15/jeremy-hardy-speaks-volumes-interview-katie-barlow-wife-book-extract

Reply ↓
Dungroanin
February 16, 2020 at 11:49
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Thanks Mod’ by all means move it to where it may be better posted. I don’t mean to divert the thread – however Jeremy Hardy in my opinion was the most consistent political comedian on the BBC and his statements were always relevant to the government of the day and the media bias against genuine anti neolib/cons. Being dead a year means no quips on that period but there are many which still zing!

Also that article seems to have been disappeared from todays Obsessive web front pages – quelle surprise!!

[ Mod: Unfortunately there’s no facility for mods to move a comment into the discussion forum (or even onto a different comment thread). We’d have to log out, post the text using your username and email address, then log back in as a mod and approve the new post. So it’s actually easier for you to do it yourself. ]