Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum SARS cov2 and Covid 19 Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

Clark

“We repeatedly hear on this blog that the lockdown is based on science”

Not from me you haven’t. The restrictions are a political decision. I say they’re better than nothing, but a far more targetted approach would be much better.

“the opinions of those who challenge it, including world-renowned experts in epidemiology, infectious diseases, virology, etc., can be discounted because they have not been published in scientific journals or peer-reviewed”

No, that’s not what I’ve said. If you’re interested in my opinion, ask, and pay attention, because so far you seem to have ignored nearly everything I have written, making it feel like a WOMBAT – Waste Of My Brains And Time.

“the paper by Neil Ferguson on which lockdown was based was never published or peer reviewed, and is in fact just an internal departmental report from Imperial College”

Link?

“His computer model was based on undocumented, 13-year-old computer code”

So it was undocumented 13 years ago; so what? It’s all on-line now.

“some of the major assumptions and estimates that are built in the calculations seem to be substantially inflated,” according to John Ioannidis

The ICL model is making better predictions than the flawed Stanford paper. Stanford came out at 0.1% IFR. The New York outbreak is proving out empirically at between 0.5% and 1.2%.

“his models which were later condemned by experts as “not fit for purpose” and seriously flawed.””

Link to the discussion in the scientific literature please.

“In the aftermath, mega-farming conglomerates bought up bankrupt farms on the cheap, cost to the UK economy £10 billion.”

This is a political matter.

“During the 2009 Swine Flu Ferguson predicted it would kill 65,000 people in the UK, but in fact 457 people died”

“Fortunes were made by the vaccine industry”

“He predicted 200 million would die of bird flu but only 282 did”

“More fortunes for vaccine makers. though”

There are far more intelligent options than the current restrictions. If you want a discussion, stop fighting and start discussing. And you have a lot of retracting to do, too.