Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum SARS cov2 and Covid 19 Reply To: SARS cov2 and Covid 19

Clark

So, our expert Node writes:

“Actually only 178 BSE deaths worldwide”

He means humans killed by variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) not BSE which affects cattle; the 178 were in the UK not worldwide, he omits another 49 in the rest of the world despite them appearing in his own link. Such sloppy work is hard to take seriously.

But something immediately occurs to me; those 227 were indeed killed by vCJD, which is caused by meat contaminated by BSE. So is it really the case that those animals were destroyed unnecessarily?

To find out, I looked at Node’s first link, and guess what, Node has misrepresented the facts. Node’s version; “[Ferguson] Predicted 50K BSE deaths” (actually vCJD). Reality:

“The Imperial College team predicted that the future number of deaths from Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) due to exposure to BSE in beef was likely to lie between 50 and 50,000″

50 < 227 < 50,000 – so the team that included Ferguson got it right.

I don’t think I’ll bother looking any deeper. Would you trust Node to make medical decisions for your family? Would you even buy a used car from him? What a sloppy twit, leaping to his preferred conclusion and not even bothering to read his own sources. Jeez.

Node, you’re just a conspiracy theorist. I can help you fix that if you like.