Reply To: What’s with the propaganda photos showing people being vaccinated in churches?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum What’s with the propaganda photos showing people being vaccinated in churches? Reply To: What’s with the propaganda photos showing people being vaccinated in churches?

ginger ninja

@ET Those meddlesome peddlers of empty-platitudes and hypocrisy don’t deserve free advertising. Bah humbug. I feel there should also be constraints on the amount of new religious buildings being built , at the very least. This goes for all the other religions too. Spirituality, for want of a better word, is important for our species – unfortunately, the world over – organised religion seems to be completely corrupted on an institutional level.

@SA Oops. I didn’t pick up on the t to cheek. This is the internet after all. heh 🙂

@Glen_UK Appreciate it. Intimidating with a small, fluffy ‘i’, by the way. It’s the ol’ – if I’d have known, back then, what I do now, I’d have spent more time concentrating at skool. It’s hard to find the words sometimes.

The news outlets have become a tired one-trick-pony – the trick being to lever in the Church, Army or <insert fashionable ideology here> as much as possible in as many articles as possible.

As terrible as this is to admit, theses days, I find myself eye rolling to any article that talks about religion, diversity, gender or what have you, often before giving it a fair shot.

On a connected note: Starting an article with <x> is a “trailblazer” in <x> field yadda yadda blah blah just seems deeply patronising to me and unnecessary. Not sure how anyone else feels about it? Is it any wonder we’re cynical? Is it any wonder N_ and I think the way we do?