Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots Reply To: List of countries that have suspended AstraZeneca vaccine because of bloodclots

ET

And the plot thickens:
AstraZeneca’s U.S. coronavirus vaccine trial data may have been ‘outdated,’ ‘incomplete,’ NIH agency says.
U.S. health officials question results from AstraZeneca’s vaccine trial, less than a day after they’re released.

“The national institute’s statement, issued shortly after midnight, stunned experts. Dr. Eric Topol, a clinical trials expert at Scripps Research in San Diego, said it was “highly irregular” to see such a public display of friction between a monitoring board and a study sponsor, which are typically in close concordance.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” he said. “It’s so, so troubling.”

“Anthony S. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said in an interview that he was “shocked” by the letter and the serious concerns it brought to light. On Monday, before receiving news of the letter, Fauci had said “numbers don’t lie” and that the vaccine looked good.

“The irony of this is that it’s very likely a very good vaccine, and this sort of thing does nothing but cloud the picture. I don’t think it reflects on the vaccine,” Fauci said. “I think it reflects on how the data has rolled out.”

Unusual stuff.