Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

michael norton

Clark, I am now going out to dig a pond.

This site seems very clunky, I am on here a lot and I find it difficult, not exactly easy to use, especially notification.

Cumbria
In the time of the Tudors, Graphite was made a strategic resource, probably a first for Britain. The story goes they coated the gun barrels and the canon balls this was to mean that the Royal Navy could knock out the Spanish or French because we had greater range. Probably not fully understanding, they were experimenting with Graphene.
Rosalind Franklin was doing work on the structure of Graphite, when, I think, she moved on to study viruses?
Two chaps, although not born here were given the Nobel prize for developing Graphene.
Almost certainly, soon there will be Graphene windows, so if you can have Elon Musk solar roof tiles and Graphene windows, why not also solar tiled walls.
New houses are to be fitted with connector boxes for battery cars.
You do not need much imagination to understand that houses can be constructed to use very low levels of imported energy. Same with expansive business, like factories producing washing machines.

How much longer will base-load be needed?