Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions? Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Clark

Glenn_nl, 13:49, sorry, I meant to reply much earlier but I’ve been too busy mopping up all the foam from J’s mouth. I’ll start with my criticism because it’s the part that could have serious consequences. You wrote:

“…promoting a disease which could eventually kill vastly more – by mutating into a very much more deadly form in the unvaccinated.”

The current covid vaccines are ‘leaky’ ie. they reduce but don’t completely stop transmission. Leaky vaccines have been shown to apply selection pressure among the vaccinated, thus promoting vaccine-resistant variants. I posted a comment about this last week.

I commend the rest of your comment:

“Haugen spoke of Facebook’s approach to increase conflict and division wherever possible…”

Yes, social media typically do this, and it shows in the sort of discussion they provoke, doesn’t it? Strident, inaccurate, ill-considered and aggressive.

“They could ensure that people pass on information from more reliable sources, and check that people actually bother looking at an article before forwarding it…”

Well they could, but they’d need to drastically improve their moderator to contributor ratio and that would cost them extra wages, so they won’t.