Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else Reply To: Climate, the science, politics, economics and anything else

Clark

Michael – “Boris Johnson […] a charlatan who cannot speak the truth. […] I doubt he has any true convictions but then I doubt Sir Keir has any either.”

Yep, and yep. And it’s the same in most of the world.

I have my own theory about this. Old fashioned parliamentary democracy mixes very badly with telly, because the political parties all hire PR companies to cultivate an image that will be popular. It works because telly is very emotive, but of course the PR companies choose utter bullshitters because they make the best figureheads, so politics ends up all image and no substance. Look at Trump; literally a game-show host! Politics is supposedly about policy – a load of written statements that a government can be held to – not about whoever can charm or bluff their way into people’s favour with three minute slots in front of a camera.

We the people have to take back the power before all is lost. Letting these jokers fuck it up any further just does not bear thinking about.