Reply To: Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union Reply To: Eastern Europe struggling to adjust to loss of identity in the European Union

Pigeon English

ET and MN

Many East Europeans were pleased to join the EU in belief that the EU will curtail our bigots and impose more just governance. For example “Independent Judiciary”. To my understanding Poland’s ruling party is appointing judges close to their agenda.

Claim that we have a common identity clashing with Western identity and values is bizarre IMO. Most of my values are closer to my British friends or Danish etc. than to some of my (bigot) compatriots.

That is why I am not a big fan of nationalism, so called patriotism. Yes nations have some common traditions but we the people are so different.

While living in London I heard so much about “British values” that I start asking/annoying my friends to tell me more about it so I can integrate better and adapt. They could not mention one that it wasn’t either my value or some random European country having the same values.

MN you are welcome to tell me what makes Brits so different(values) from the rest of us.