Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Latest News Forums Discussion Forum Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 578 total)
  • Author
    michael norton

Yes there was a video — WHO Europe Chief Kluge

#74519 Reply
      Clark

There was already a US intelligence agency report, well before the pandemic, about poor biosecurity at Wuhan Institute of Virology, yet nothing was done to stop US government money buying gain of function and other virus culturing at the facility.

We all know why rich corporations outsource to places like China; poorer working conditions make it cheaper.

#74525 Reply
        Clark

Mods, has a comment of mine from yesterday gone missing? About how journalists should be hassling the Permanent Members of the UN Security Council rather than the relatively powerless WHO, and researchers these days often being contracted under non-disclosure agreements? It’s possible that I composed it but forgot to post it, or I posted it in the wrong place. Or, if it broke a moderation rule, please let me know which one.

—-
          [ MOD: There is no record of a post of yours being deleted yesterday ]

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by degmod.
          #74527 Reply
          Clark

The UK positive tests seven day average has now fallen for the third consecutive day. I don’t want to get too optimistic because positive tests usually fall each weekend, only to catch up with a surge on Tuesday or Wednesday, but it could be a very hopeful sign.

#74529 Reply
            michael norton

Hello Clark, yes, fallen for half a week now but the effects of Freedom Day have not yet worked in to our numbers.
              Interestingly, almost half of European countries have not yet filed figures for Friday, the one I am interested is Spain, which on last showing was only a bit less than the U.K. the current ground-breaker of covid.

#74530 Reply
              michael norton

Doctor Hans Henri Marcel Paul Kluge
                How interesting.

He continued his work for MSF in the area of TB control with a posting in Siberia, where he coordinated TB programs in prisons. He later served as MSF’s Regional TB Advisor for former Soviet Union countries, at which point he was based in Moscow, Russia.
                https://www.euro.who.int/en/about-us/executive-council/dr-hans-henri-p.-kluge

#74532 Reply
                Clark

It’s really not fair for journalists to pester the WHO about the origin of SARS-CoV-2. The WHO’s is tasked with improving health and healthcare globally, and they’ll be hobbled in that if they lose the cooperation of the Chinese government. The WHO has no power over governments.

The origins dispute isn’t about some random possible lab leak. It is about a very specific US government funded research programme that had been outsourced via New York based Ecohealth Alliance to Wuhan Institute of Virology. Modifying viruses to have precisely the attributes of SARS-CoV-2 is exactly what the US research programme was doing.

The Chinese government can be accused of covering up, but Ecohealth Alliance even more so. It was Ecohealth Alliance that took offline the database of bat coronaviruses closely related to SARS-CoV-2 soon after the pandemic was identified. Ecohealth Alliance should be made to open its records, but they are subject to US courts and law, not Chinese.

So the dispute is between two Permanent Members of the UN Security council ie. nuclear armed superpowers, namely the governments of the USA and China. The ‘news’ media should let the WHO get on with its job and direct their questions to the UNSC instead.

#74533 Reply
                  michael norton

Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?

Rather a good question, number one, not quite all restrictions or Johnson, Sunak & Javid
                    would not all be self-isolating.
                    number two, we still have a massive red-list where you are not supposed to travel to or from.
                    Number three the health service is buggered, try seeing a doctor?
                    Then there is the pinging.

So they have not lifted all restrictions.

#74535 Reply
                    SA

With respect to ‘Freedom day’. Whilst everyone was getting excited about this freedom to infect others, the government was quietly introducing a sweeping reform in the law to curb our freedom to demonstrate and various other freedoms. But it seems nobody really cares, not even the covid deniers who claim that covid is a smokescreen for curbing our freedom. The press is certainly not really interested.

#74545 Reply
                      ET

“US government funded research programme”
                        Did you see the clip of an exchange between Rand Paul and Fauci in a senate committee hearing? I don’t think this is going to go away any time soon but maybe in the end it may curb gain of function research and make the world take a closer look at the work being done in these biolabs. I think neither China nor the USA wants light shone on it.

@SA
                        I have seen a number of articles relating to that bill in the Guardian and other places. Didn’t even Theresa May speak against it and a number of other conservative MPs? Is it actually passed or does it have further debate scheduled before a commons vote?

#74546 Reply
                        mods-cm-org

Clark @10:42: There’s no trace of the missing comment you mention: it isn’t in the Trash list and there’s no record of a corresponding deletion event in the activity history. Yet I distinctly remember reading it. Maybe there was a system table reset? The forum briefly went offline for an update earlier this week – perhaps that’s related? If so, Darth may be able to shed some light on the situation.

#74548 Reply
                          Clark

SA, 14:39 (previous page) – yes, I have already attended one protest against the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts bill. And received a snarky remark for doing so from a covid trivialiser, as it goes.

#74549 Reply
                            michael norton

The United Kingdom recorded 29,173 new cases on Sunday – down from 48,161 logged a week earlier on 18 July.

The number of new infections by date reported has fallen for five days in a row for the first time since February.

I think that is promising, maybe vaccinating the young [line break removed] has allowed the positive cases to drop?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by modbot.
                              #74550 Reply
                              Clark

Mods, thanks. I have now posted a replacement for it anyway.

#74551 Reply
                                Clark

ET, thanks for the clip (previous page). Fauci argues technicalities and attempts to divert.

Sorry to see the high infection numbers in the Isle of Man. It looks to me as though the authorities didn’t act quite quickly enough.

#74552 Reply
                                  michael norton

As the covid numbers for the U.K. are nicely dropping, and as the covid cases for France and Spain are skyrocketing
                                    it should not be many days before Spain and France have again overtaken the U.K. to be the head of the snake.
                                    Spain’s figures are quite hard to figure out, at weekends they sometimes go four days without posting, then they often have a huge spike on a single day followed by a couple of days with exactly the same numbers.
                                    Maybe covid sleeps in Spain at the weekend.
                                    France usually posts very small covid numbers on Mondays.
                                    You might think that both Spain and France are not that bothered?

#74553 Reply
                                    michael norton

The latest figures from the Office for National Statistics suggest 92% of adults in the U.K. now have antibodies to the virus in their blood, either through a previous infection or at least one vaccination dose.

That is astonishing.
                                      Looks like Boris is getting one of his wishes
                                      Herd immunity among adults.

If only Parliament had continued to sit, they could have discussed [2 line breaks removed] vaccinating children.

When they go back in September, there will be another wave, among children.

#74554 Reply
                                      SA

ET
                                        I thought the bill has passed the commons and is now being considered by the Lords. With the huge unexplained Tory majority anything will pass except bills that the right wing are not happy about.

#74556 Reply
                                        Clark

From Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Police,_Crime,_Sentencing_and_Courts_Bill&oldid=1033966996#Progress_through_parliament

Progress through parliament

The bill’s second reading was on 15–16 March 2021, by 359 votes to 263. As of 30 April, the bill had passed to the committee stage for consideration by the public bill committee. The committee was due to report back to Parliament of the United Kingdom by 24 June. The Big Issue subsequently claimed that this date was delayed, partly due to pressure from protests. The third reading of the bill was agreed to by the House of Commons on 5 July 2021 by 365 votes to 265, a majority of 100.

The covid conspiracy theorists don’t seem even to have noticed.

#74565 Reply
                                          michael norton

Every excuse given now is covid.
                                            From our council not emptied bins to the hospitals.
                                            I found out yesterday that my heria operation is not happening because our hospital no longer opens referral letters from G.P. unless they have had them for one year.
                                            You really could not make it up.
                                            Apparently because of covid there may be five million people waiting for their referral letters to be opened.

#74567 Reply
                                            ET

Back in the late 2000’s the UK gov introduced an 18 week wait time. This meant for instance Michael that from the date of receipt of your GP’s referral letter about your hernia the hospital team had 18 weeks to see you, plan treatment and do the procedure. To accomplish this and get the backlog cleared there were “waiting time initiative” extra surgical lists at weekends paid for as extra etc etc. It took 2 years to get that backlog sorted. It’s going to take literally years to get the covid backlog up to date. I can guarantee that excuse will be used to spend NHS money in the private, mostly american owned, health sector. The NHS will see, diagnose and decide treatment and the private sector will be well paid to perform the surgery.
                                              I wonder how many covid patients requiring ventilation ended up on private ICU wards. Not many I’ll bet. Piece of advice. If you are ever really sick don’t go near a private hospital.

#74568 Reply
                                              Josh R

Michael Norton/mods,

I had this weird formatting, unwanted line breaks, when ‘copy & pasting’ from Notepad.
                                                Got around it by deselecting “word wrap” from the Notepad format menu before copying.
                                                Not sure if that solves your problem too.

#74569 Reply
                                                SA

ET
                                                  A lot of money from the “Waiting list initiative” went to private companies. And of course private hospitals would not have NHS patients to ventilate, they usually send their problem patients and when things go wrong to the NHS. Private medicine is geared to pick the simpler well defined procedures.
                                                  Mat Hancock before his disgraceful exit, was introducing a law to give the secretary of state more power on NHS decisions and no doubt more and more privatisation will ensue. The Tories treat the NHS as a cash cow, but mind you, some of this started during the time of Blair and Brown.
                                                  In fact after Iraq, one of the worst things that Blair did was the facilitation of more NHS privatisation. The PPI for NHS infrastructure fundings was an unmitigated disaster and the “payment by result” method of NHS accounting produced a huge swell of NHS administrators with the purpose of monetising the NHS in preparation for privatisation.

#74570 Reply
                                                  SA

In fact this new proposed legislation, more NHS privatisation under the guise of ‘reform’ has also been much ignored and again will slip through. Here is an article from the Canary that talks about this in more detail. The MSM seems not concerned.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/2021/02/16/the-reasons-why-matt-hancocks-proposed-nhs-reforms-should-worry-us-all/

#74579 Reply
                                                    michael norton

I think I understand that contributors like to criticise the conservative government and most feel whatever the tories do must be wrong because they are tories, however it would be a little more equitable if contributors could agree that it is hopeful that the vaccine roll out is daily lowering the positive cases, although from a very high count.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 578 total)
                                                    Reply To: Conspiracy Theorists, Why is Westminster Lifting All COVID Restrictions?
                                                    Your information: