Unable to reply to comments

Latest News Forums Site technical issues and feedback Unable to reply to comments

• This topic has 3 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 5 years ago by Iain Stewart.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Iain Stewart

Since a couple of weeks I’ve noticed that it is impossible to reply directly to comments with my fairly ancient (but updated) iPad. Since Komodo recently mentioned a similar “software glitch” (as he put it) I wondered if something could be done to sort this problem (not that I imagine anyone is missing my modest replies but maybe other readers are experiencing the same difficulty). With thanks in advance.

#41957 Reply
    Squonk

When you say impossible to reply, what actually happens? Is the reply button not there or what?

Could you try opening a private browser window and see if it still doesn’t work – there have been cases in the past caused by browsers caching stale info after WordPress updates causing problems but a private browser window should bypass that. The time scale you mention matches a major WordPress version update.

#41978 Reply
    Iain Stewart

Hi Squonk and thank you for your answer. The problem is, I see the reply button, which depresses as it used to, but then nothing happens. I tried your suggestion (opening a private tab in Brave) but clicking on reply sends me back to the main blog page. The problem does not occur on a real computer, only on this iPad (iOS 9.3.5).

#42054 Reply
    Iain Stewart

iPad impotence latest: Problem resolved, my capacity to make futile replies has resumed. Over and out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unable to reply to comments
Your information: