Death of Sean Hoare

by craig on July 18, 2011 7:51 pm in Uncategorized

The best whistleblower so far from inside News International has just been found dead. Hertfordshire Police, either incredibly stupid or incredibly corrupt, have just been quoted on Sky News as saying there are “No suspicious circumstances”.

Whaether this is a convenient heart attack or a Kelly type “suicide” remains to be seen. Maybe the Met mistook him for a suicide bomber and pumped several shots into his head. With the exception of Kelly, this is possibly the most suspicious death of my lifetime. “No suspicious circumstances”. WTF!!

Sean Hoare’s testimony that Andy Coulson knew of individual phone hacking operations is pretty well certain to be true. I have written many times for national newspapers, and wherever I have written disparagingly about anybody, I have had to give my evidence. I have even, for example, been called in actually to meet the legal advisers at the Mail and discuss my evidence. The idea that journalists were not telling Coulson where they got their stories, or for what purpose they were laying out tens of thousands of pounds, is simply not practically possible. Same goes for the period when Rebekah was editor.

Sean Hoare’s testimony was plainly, absolutely true. His death discourages other whistleblowers a bit, doesn’t it? If the inquiries into News International are going to have any credibility, they are going to need a witness protection programme – from which the Met are totally excluded.

1. No suspicious circumstances, No suspicious circumstances, its a bit early to say that, surely the timing of the phrase “No suspicious circumstances” is itself a suspicious circumstance

eek gad

2. My sentiments entirely… as soon as I heard the news Dr Kelly came to my mind, well let’s see how long it will take to push the whole thing under the carpet. No suspicious circumstances..horse shit.

3. Can someone tell me what country we are living in?

We are more corrupt and are covering up the truth more than any other country.

First the racist papers like the NOTW are exposed, then the institutional racist police( i just call them plain RACIST), what more can be exposed?

4. Beeston Regis

18 Jul, 2011 - 8:09 pm

Accidentally choked to death on a rolled up copy
    of The NOTW?

5. Oh jeez, this really is extremely suspicious and leads one to think that there may be a far deeper well of evil – and I use that word deliberately – than even we had thought. I’m beginning to ponder upon Ruth’s postulations. This raises my ‘very simple question’ once again.

6. For the record I think it is Hertfordshire, not Hampshire (according to ZeroHedge).

18 Jul, 2011 - 8:22 pm

no suspicious circumstances apart from the dead canary found on his chest…

18 Jul, 2011 - 8:24 pm

although a real person has died. sorry for flippancy.

9. Yes, Langley Road, Watford says the BBC so Hertfordshire rather than Hampshire.

10. deepgreenpuddock

18 Jul, 2011 - 8:27 pm

See the Nick Davies piece in the Guardian about Sean Hoare. He was certainly very physically fragile by that account, so maybe it was a heart attack.

11. Craig and everyone

While a priori this might sounds suspiciou I would be a bit careful to rush to judgement here. Mr Hoare had been known to be ill for some time. So while it’s possible that there was foul play, let’s not become conspiracy theorists without some evidence, eh?

And as Kit says, Watford is in Herfordshire.

12. Thanks, I have corrected Hampshire to Hertfordshire

13. I said to someone this morning on the phone, ‘Wait for the deaths’. I am being totally honest.

14. Mary
    Coincidence is not correlation; correlation is not causation.
    Let’s all hold our horses for a while, or our American Friend will have a field day.

15. Yeah, sure, of course, John K. ‘Our Unquiet American’, perhaps? Just seems awfully, awfully convenient.

16. He/she/it can say what they damned well like. I know what I was feeling and I know what I was thinking might happen. You seem to have already fallen for the planted message that he had drug and drink problems.

17. John K,

I don’t know how old the photo with the Davies article is, but it is not the coloration of someone with liver failure.

“He also said he had been injured the previous weekend while taking down a marquee erected for a children’s party. He said he had broken his nose and badly injured his foot when a relative accidentally struck him with a heavy pole from the marquee.”

It will be interesting whether there were any witnesses to this accident – there are other explanations for a broken nose and foot. I think the “he was a druggie, bound to die any second” argument is a bit convenient. Look at Keith Richards, for God’s sake.

18. Mary

Suggest you read Nick Davies’s piece. He’s hardly an establishment stooge.

19. For clarity, I was replying to the post before yours Suhayl.

20. John K

I don’t doubt Nick Davies’ reporting or his health problems. But people can live for decades with such problems, and a week ago he was well enough to help take down a heavy marquee.

21. Craig
    It may all be very dodgy, it may not. I don’t know, and neither does anyone else here.
    I’m just cautioning against rushing to judgement, is all. We get very agitated here and elsewhere when the forces of evil do it, so let’s be a bit more temperate – at least unless and until we have some more basis for suspicion?

22. John K

Of course you are right, we don’t know yet, and perhaps we never will. We have, I think, every basis for suspicion already. What we are lacking is any evidence.

23. ps the picture on Nick Davies piece (at lest the version I saw) is of Coulson. The photo on the BBC website shows a pretty ill-looking man.

24. From Marcy Wheeler:

The whistleblower who first tied Andy Coulson to the HackGate scandal, Sean Houre, was found dead in his home last night and the police are, for some reason, not treating the “unexplained” death as suspicious. I find that particularly curious given that Houre had just explained to the NYT and Guardian how News Corp journalists used cell phone data for geolocation, in much the same way our government secretly does under the PATRIOT Act.

25. Jonangus Mackay

18 Jul, 2011 - 9:16 pm

Been sent the following short statement. Really.
    A SHORT STATEMENT
    Many people have accused me of a gross error of judgement in hiring Andy Coulson and suggest that I am considering my position as Prime Minister.
    Nothing could be further from the truth.
    I have every confidence in Mr. Clueless, and despite the fact he worked for the Conservative Party for 4 years I have never met him. The same goes for Ms. Virginia Wade, the “flame-haired temptress” who has delighted so many fans at Wimbledon with her “wapping hits” (©K. McKenzie). I offer them nothing but my best wishes in their retirement from public life.
    As for “top cops” Stephenson and Yates, I feel I can say nothing while they are investigating themselves. It will be a sad day for democracy when a senior police officer cannot declare his own innocence.
    Finally, I must address rumours that my staunch friend Boris Yawnson has failed to support me at this trying time. As Loud Mayor of London he has a full agenda, from trying to find one working escalator on the Jubilee Line to talking to the Evening Standard, and one can only sympathise with his delightful wife Noris as these distressing symptoms of executive fatigue overwhelm her spouse. I am sure all of us join in offering them both a happy period of much-needed retrenchment in Tierra del Fuego.
    I have every confidence in myself. No more need be said.

— Dave.

________

26. YugoStiglitz

18 Jul, 2011 - 9:25 pm

I’m just waiting for you folks to blame this on the Jews somehow.

27. Recording of an interview with Sean Hoare on Radio 4 PM 3 September 2010. He sounds quite lucid and coherent. At the end the statements issued by Scotland Yard and the NoTW sound quite humourous in the light of recent events. There are suggestions about Mr Hoare in the NoTW statement.

28. As another one bites the dust… one has to ask… will this scandal – which is moving closer to Downing Street – actually bring down David Cameron and the entire government?

Will the LibDems see this as a golden opportunity to wrench themselves away from Cameron and regain their position as a party untainted by the corruption which reeks at the heart of the Westminster ‘rotten barrel’?

Cameron appears increasingly like an out-of-touch, upper-class, twit; his traditional class arrogance and easy charm seem to have deserted him and instedad he looks like a rent-boy for Kaiser Murdoch.

29. Nick Davies says of Sean Hoare:
    “In the end, his body would not take it any more. He said he started to have fits, that his liver was in such a terrible state that a doctor told him he must be dead … He liked to say that he had stopped drinking, but he would treat himself to some red wine.”
    He could have died of cirrhosis, or alcohol poisoning, or even choking on vomit, causing death by asphyxiation.
    Could he have been celebrating?
    Coincidences do happen, they happen all the time …
    I got an email today with the word Kiki in the headline. Ten minutes later I popped in here and there was a spam comment from Kiki.

30. Crikey this got to Mason, Ohio quickly yet none of us uttered the magic numbers 9.1.1.

31. @yugostiglitz

Are you fishing for a reaction, it doesn’t sound like a constructive comment, no offence intended, but I really don’t understand what the Jews have to do with all of this?

: D

32. His photo on the Guardian article
    News of the World phone-hacking whistleblower found dead
    Death of Sean Hoare – who was first named journalist to allege Andy Coulson knew of hacking – not being treated as suspicious
    Amelia Hill, James Robinson and Caroline Davies
    guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 July 2011 18.04 BST

33. The police have recently changed the status from ‘not treating it as suspicious’ to ‘unexplained’. Perhaps they’ve been reading this blog.

34. Tunde obawasa

18 Jul, 2011 - 9:52 pm

yugostiglitz is referring to murdoch i think, it is a sad loss and i feel for his family.

35. Is this brand new?
    “Exclusive: Channel 4 News has learned that a former senior journalist at the News of the World worked as a translator for the Met Police, whilst he was employed by the newspaper.”
    “Interpreters are vetted by the MPS and all sign the Official Secrets Act. They are employed on a freelance, self-employed basis. We recognise that this may cause concern and that some professions may be incompatible with the role of an interpreter.”

“The Met says it is now investigating the matter. Ukrainian Alex Marunchak spent most of his career at NoW.”

36. It’s breaking out all over, like a rash.

37. Yugostiglitz, one very simple question for you. Tell me, what is your opinion of Islam Karimov, President of Uzbekistan and his immediate family?

38. Paul Johnston

18 Jul, 2011 - 10:08 pm

From The BBC

The Serious Fraud Office said it would give “full consideration” to a request by Labour MP Tom Watson (Peter Kay) to investigate out-of-court settlements made to hacking victims.

Now that could be fun :-)

Incidentally anyone know anything about Laura Elston (Samantha Morton)?

I blame you Dreolin I keep thinking who should play the various roles in the film!

39. friend has just reminded me of the Conservative found dead in a Glastonbury loo –

40. Suhayl, Karimov is a wonderful fellow, who has favourite dish called boiled human flesh.. and he is very kind. he scarifies himself and keep all the wealth for himself and his family so that no Uzbek is corrupted by filthy money. He loves his people so much that at great expense he isolate them from the corrupting influence of the outside world..and keeps his country safe by being a good friend of the USA/Europe even though he really really hates them.. do you want me to go on .. better drink another bottle of Pinot Grigio maybe this one will bring Karimov down

41. Jonangus Mackay

18 Jul, 2011 - 10:17 pm

“I had a good relationship with Andy. He would let me do what I wanted as long as I brought in a story. The brief was, ‘I don’t give a fuck.'”
    It would be appropriate, I suggest, to put the words of this suddenly dead witness to each of them in turn tomorrow: Rebekah Brooks & Murdochs, father & son.
    First an axe in the head. And now death of a whistleblower — in circumstances so bizarrely coincidental that for police to say there are ‘no suspicious circumstances’ does, in itself, inevitably constitute suspicious circumstances.
    Once David Cameron has been briefly reminded in person of these two deaths involving news hounds retained in one way or another by his friend & spin doctor Andy Coulson, it would be apt to put those same words to the current CEO of Ukania plc.
    His response?
    Those words above would most aptly reside, I suggest, upon David Cameron’s political gravestone.

42. Guess it must be time for Freddy Patel to rolled out again…….. Sad, very sad.

43. Chancellor Mosley

18 Jul, 2011 - 10:18 pm

Well done for raising this issue when other non MSM are being rather timid in the face of the unfolding Shakespearean tragedy that is UK politics.

Less contentious issues surrounding the reasons for Rebekah Brooks’ arrest are being treated with kid cloves by many who should be speaking out. Given the interests of the various parties involved in this Mexican stand off, they should all be treated with more scepticism. I am finding it harder to disbelieve allegations domestic assassinations as it becomes increasingly apparent that the UK is rotten to its core

44. Bob Cryer was MP for Keighley when he died in a car accident in 1994. He was a good parliamentarian, spending more hours in the House than any other MP. I remember when he was a lecturer of mine, in the late sixties, he took us all into the library of Blackburn Technical College, and tried to imbue into the heads of young people from a variety of trades, the importance of Hansard as a document of the accountability of MPs from the words they spoke. His death was a loss to parliament, a loss to his family, a loss to the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway Preservation Society, a loss to us all. At the time of his death, or shortly prior to it, he was raising questions, repeatedly, as to why we had an American telephone-tapping station at Menwith Hill, with no parliamentary sanction. I was, and still am, suspicious about his death. ‘An accident’, ‘no suspicious circumstances’, and Dominic Grieve’s pronouncements on the death of Dr David Kelly are not very comforting for people who want justice to be seen to be done. Since Bob Cryer’s death I do not think a single MP has raised opposition to Menwith Hill, this illegal blight on one of our National Parks. News International is only one part of the problem. It goes a lot deeper than that. I asked my MP, Steve McCabe, to raise questions about Menwith Hill (a month and a half ago). I’m looking forward to his response.

45. LulzSec are back and have control of at least one News Int website: http://t.co/eqBjQZ9

46. Inquest anyone? Who’d like to be coroner? Is there anyone left who’s incompetent enough?
    Seriously, does anyone know who to apply pressure to over selection of coroner? This really must not be bodged.

47. Very witty, Azra, though with serious undertones. Only red-wine for me from now on. But I hope it brings the whole rotten lot of them down.

48. “let’s not become conspiracy theorists without some evidence”
    What’s wrong with circumstantial evidence?
    A fella’s really sick, he’s not expected to last three months, not withstanding that in the meantime he’s up and about and helping take down a maquee.
    Then, he drops dead the next day, just before the Murdoch’s and Rebekah are questioned in public. What are the odds? I’d say about one in ninety.

49. Now why do you ask that question, Suhayl?

50. @John Goss, I have been thinking if drinking will bring them down I will have to be prepared to die of cirrhosis of liver..

51. More important Clark is the proficiency and the independence of the forensic pathologist. Think Patel, http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/g20-pathologist-to-face-probe-2279408.html and others.

52. “I’m just waiting for you folks to blame this on the Jews somehow.”

Why is that Yugo? You seem to have everyone puzzled. Would you elucidate how you arrived at this expectation, which is unverified to this point?

53. ‘When is dodgy Dave going to do the decent thing and resign?’ Dennis Skinner. Hope Hansard gets it right.

54. “Think Patel and others,”
    e.g., Nicholas Hunt, the “pathologist who performed the autopsy on David Kelly has said the government scientist’s death was a “textbook case” of suicide.”

55. OK then Azra. I hope it brings the whole lot of them down with cirrhosis of liver.

56. @ Yugo
    “I am just waiting for you folks to blame this one on the jews somehow”.
    I will let you on to a secret Yugo, I don’t blame Jews .. but you know what? my Jewish friend does! not this particular death but the whole of Murdoch affair… he blames it on Zionist Jews and Christians. I don’t know why and I laughed it off, but if you like to know, I can always find out!

57. Well-it may or may not be suspicious-but it’s awfully damned convenient for some people, no doubt about that.

58. Don’t know about the new times link above but I’ve just noticed http://www.thesun.co.uk is currently redirecting to the lulzsec twitter feed.

59. Googling finds this http://techcrunch.com/2011/07/18/lulzsec-hacks-the-sun-redirects-homepage-to-fake-murdoch-death-story/

Currently The Sun is still redirecting to the lulzsec twitter feed so it appears News International still don’t have control of the server back.

60. Anonymous/lulzsec had put up a story about Rupert Murdoch committing suicide. He mixed up a concoction in the kitchen and then stumbled outside and fell over the topiary … I should have taken a screengrab.
    Now it’s saying “Apache Server at http://www.new-times.co.uk Port 80″.
    Looks like the Sun hasn’t got it back yet.

61. “You don’t have permission to access /sun/ on this server”

62. .
    EYE ON MURDOCH SMART CARD MAKER
    And at least at the moment, the controversy swirls around a small British company owned by one of the world’s most powerful media magnates.
    That company, NDS, makes smart cards which unlock 28 million of the world’s satellite set-top boxes. Owned by News Corp. and its flamboyant owner Rupert Murdoch, NDS now finds itself on the receiving end of a $1.1 billion lawsuit filed in March by French rival Canal Plus Technologies. Canal Plus comes with its own heavyweights attached — Vivendi Universal, and its now embattled CEO Jean-Marie Messier.
    The Canal Plus lawsuit claims NDS paid hackers to break the code in Canal Plus smart cards, then gave the information away on the Internet, all to undermine Canal Plus business. It’s probably the largest computer hacking lawsuit ever, and one of the biggest accusations of corporate espionage.
    An NDS motion to dismiss the case was heard by a federal court in San Francisco Thursday, although the judge did not immediately issue a ruling — that could come in the coming days or weeks. Meanwhile, depositions are set to begin next month. With Canal Plus lawyers vowing to wage a very public court battle, the next few weeks will likely raise the curtain on a 5-year drama, unraveling a complicated world where the interests of small time TV-pirates and moguls bent on dominating the world’s media have at times overlapped rather neatly.

63. Another bottle of red and I might be joining these Champagne and Cognac swilling jet-set minglers with cirrhosis of the liver. How much red wine does it take to get cirrhosis of the liver? The truth as I see it is there are many sober issues that need addressing, soberly. Wine helps me relax. The evidence indicates that tomorrow I could be as relaxed as a corpse.

64. NDS by the way is News Corps encryption system for sky tv
    1998: HACKER FOUND DEAD
    The following year, in 1998, NDS went looking for more smart card expertise and contacted brilliant German hacker Boris Floricic. Known as “Tron” in the computer underground, Floricic had gained a reputation for cracking pay-TV systems.
    A few weeks later, in October of 1998, Floricic was found dead,
    hanging from a tree in a Berlin park. The death was ruled a suicide by authorities – a ruling many hackers reject.
    There has never been any assertion that NDS was somehow involved in the death. But the fact that Floricic’s father found a letter from NDS in his son’s belongings indicated the company’s willingness to consult the computer underground for security expertise.
    The incident also shocked the hacker community, which wondered if computer curiosity could now have deadly consequences.}

65. NDS by the way is News Corps encryption system for sky tv
    1998: HACKER FOUND DEAD
    A few weeks later, in October of 1998, Floricic was found dead,

66. The Sun hacked by “Louise Boat” just announced on the Sky News Press Preview. I think she misread “Lulz Boat”. This comes shortly after Fox news twitter feed announced the death of Obama a few weeks ago after a supposed hack.

67. There was much hilarity on Twitter when they hacked the Fox twitter feed. When Fox had got it back, someone started a hashtag #foxnewtwitterpassword (or similar) and some of the suggestions were funny. One of them was “whoneedsfactswhenyoucanmakestuffup”
    Lulzsec just tweeted: So News International released this AMAZING statement on The Sun: http://newsint.co.uk/statement_regarding_the_sun.html We improved it for them though!
    Twitter is awaiting the next move.

68. “Charles Arthur, the Guardian’s technology editor, has filed a piece on Lulzsec’s hack of the Sun’s website.

“The hacker collective also claimed to be “sitting on their [the Sun’s] emails” and that they would release them on Tuesday.

“According to Charles, the episode demonstrated that News International’s systems have been vulnerable to hackers for some time. Rumours had surfaced that the hacking collective Anonymous would hit the site last week, but nothing appeared to come of it.

“We have owned Sun/News of the World – that [Murdoch] story is simply phase 1 – expect the lulz [laughs] to flow in coming days,” Topiary tweeted from the LulzSec account.

69. According to http://twitter.com/#!/BigBrotherXtra if you accessed the original hacked site with the Murdoch death story using IE8 you may now be part of a botnet. I didn’t see the original redirected site so I can’t verify if that is true or not.

70. I don’t know how cynical I can get. Another bottle might decide. But I read your feed, Canspeccy, and also your link from the Telegraph. I realise from this it was mostly pathological evidence, that the Telegraph article would have us believe, that decided Dr David Kelly died from self-inflicted wounds. However there was other evidence, lack of fingerprints for example, that the Telegraph article does not appear to address, or how he got non-prescription medicine, and why there was so little of this non-prescription medicine found in his stomach.
    Especially when the deaths of public figures are concerned, who clearly have a contribution to make against those holding oppositional philosophies, they should be scrutinised with knit-combs, whatever their political persuasions. Leaving the truth to emerge seventy years after a person’s death is not good enough.

71. The other thing is, and this might seem even more cynical. This article appeared the same time Sean Hoare died. Draw your own conclusions.

72. The Chairman and CEO of NDS is an Israeli and has links to the intelligence services of that nation and has studied in the USA. The plot thickens.

From Wikipedia:

As of 2009, Abe Peled is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of NDS Group plc, a leading provider of technology solutions for the pay TV industry. He was appointed to this position in 1995 and during his tenure the company has expanded rapidly and grown tenfold, achieving an over 35% market share in the global digital technology for pay TV industry; a significant proportion of this growth has resulted from being News Corporation’s in-house technology provider and the continuing success of that company’s pay TV strategy. NDS is a privately owned company, jointly owned by Permira, the majority shareholder, and News Corporation. Peled is also a Member of the News Corporation Executive Committee.

73. http://www.thetimes.co.uk/ has gone down now.
    And BigBrotherXtra says
    “BREAKING news international admins freaked out and unplugged the nameserver ns0/ns1.newsint.co.uk –> more than 200 sites down”
    I don’t believe that about the botnet, though. They don’t operate like that. You can download software if you want to be part of their DDOS attacks. They don’t load your computer.

74. Regarding the death of Bob Cryer in a car crash, from an archived Independent report of the incident;

“BOB CRYER, the left-wing Labour MP for Bradford South and a former junior minister, was killed yesterday in a car accident, writes Donald Macintyre.

Mr Cryer’s Rover crashed at 1.24pm on the M1 near Junction 5 for Watford as he was driving down to London for the return of the Commons after the Easter recess.

His wife, Ann, was thought to have suffered minor injuries. Scotland yard said: ‘The car overturned, ending up on its roof. It’s believed no other vehicle was involved.’ ”

It would be interesting to hear Ann Cryer’s version of events and if she suspected foul play at the time.

Of course these events may just be fate and not any plot.

75. dreoilin I didn’t think it likely myself but the BigBrotherXtra feed tweeted the following specific info:

BigBrotherXtra Big Brother on FIVE.
    Fired up my spare machine – testing the page – its injecting code, it’s planted a trojan and set my homepage to ‘ poony.info ‘
    1 hour ago
    Big Brother on FIVE.
    ===

76. Oh dear, then maybe it is true. I’m surprised though.
    Glad I was on Firefox!

77. Suhayl,
    There is most definitely ‘a far deeper well of evil’. This well has used all these lackeys to bring about its purpose. But over the last view years this evil has come dangerously near to exposure, so it may be now that a huge operation is being undertaken to clean up and grab Murdoch’s assets into the bargain.

78. So the argument here is that although Sean Hoare has long since let out the secrets he knew about he was killed to…er…silence him?
    And now the Guardian are suddenly in on it with their “planted” stories about his drink and drugs lifestyle?
    Craig: “And according to the Guardian today, at the weekend he was helping take down a marquee – so not a physical wreck then.”
    Yes, brilliant point, Hercule Murray, except if you Google “man dies of heart attack” you’ll find that people die suddenly while doing all kinds of strenuous activity and not long after: “The Summit County coroner tells the Summit Daily that the man died Sunday. … man had a history of medical issues and that he likely had a heart attack.” and “Six boys were hospitalized after a Boy Scout leader had a fatal heart attack while driving them home from summer camp” while Oliver Reed didn’t look like a “physical wreck” when he was arm-wrestling in the Pub during filming breaks for Gladiator.
    “It will be interesting whether there were any witnesses to this accident – there are other explanations for a broken nose and foot. I think the “he was a druggie, bound to die any second” argument is a bit convenient.”
    Well, yes. It would be the daftest cover story ever concocted to say that he had had an accident taking down a marquee at which nobody else was present.
    “Look at Keith Richards, for God’s sake.”

79. YugoStiglitz: “I’m just waiting for you folks to blame this on the Jews somehow.”
    Parky: “The Chairman and CEO of NDS is an Israeli and has links to the intelligence services of that nation and has studied in the USA. The plot thickens.”
    Well, that didn’t take long.

80. The honesty of Sean Hoare’s testimony to the New York Times & to Panorama was extremely embarrassing to the dissemblers he was ranged against. Whether these same dissemblers had a direct hand in his death is unproven at this point, and will probably remain so.
    I’d rather not conspiracy theorise so soon after Mr Hoare’s tragic passing, but instead will just note the sheer coincidence in the fact that he died at almost exactly the same age(49) as a reporter from across the pond who also blurted out a few embarrassing truths that offended the PTB.

81. The Murdoch-NI-Met-pols nexus is, in essence, a criminal organization.

No one should be surprised that there’s an associated body count. Sean Hoare is most likely not the first.

We know, from the death of Dr. David Kelly, that elements within the Blair government were, at the very least, willing to circumvent UK law to allow a highly suspicious death to go uninvestigated. We also know, from the NI-enabled ramp-up to the Iraq War, that these elements did not care if that body count climbed into the six-figures. We know that elements within the Met derailed the murder investigation (via threats and harassment of their own detectives) of Jonathan Rees’s former business partner. These people don’t fool around.

This is the tip of an iceberg. What we’re seeing is, in effect, a criminal gang that’s been in operation for some time with far-reaching consequences.

If anyone wants to start digging, a good place to start would be with the death of Manchester Chief Constable Michael Todd in 2008. The way in which he is alleged to have died defies credulity; the way in which ‘sources’ were immediately swarming to Sky News with information on his alleged affairs(while serving with the Met in London)now deserves a deeper look.

Given what we know now about the Met and corruption, one wonders what was really going on there.

Todd had been tasked with cleaning up corruption and racism in Manchester and was tipped to be a future commissioner of Scotland Yard. At the time of his death, he was vice-president of the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) and his death came shortly before Ian Blair was notified he was on his way out.

Hard to believe? Certainly, it’s easier on the brain that accepting the ‘facts’ of Todd’s death — but I guess hill-walking, for some folks, will always have its risks.

82. “12.54am: My colleague, James Ball, tweets:
    News International’s DNS servers (link web addresses to servers) and all 1,024 web addresses are down. Likely protective takedown by admins.
    12.49am: The Times has confirmed that its web addresses have been taken down as a precautionary measure.”
    Ok, me for bed. Probably a big news day tomorrow. Again.

83. YugoStiglitz

19 Jul, 2011 - 2:11 am

“Yes, just look at him! But why? What does looking at Keith Richards do for anyone? Are you arguing Keith Richards hasn’t died despite his legendary drugs and drink intake therefore Sean Hoare couldn’t have? What about Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Keith Moon or Brian Jones?”

Yes, Hercule Murray, what is your response to the fact that people die all the time?

I once knew a young lawyer who die banging his wife. Must have been an inside job!

84. Angry said: “So the argument here is that although Sean Hoare has long since let out the secrets he knew about he was killed to…er…silence him?”
    No, because he hadn’t gone on sworn record with his comments, just as Dr. Mitty had not (after the latter’s initial testimony, of course). That should be obvious to any fool, but to someone of your vanity it must be galling to write crap like that. I appreciate you’ve got to pump the establishment line, Angry, even slavishly attempting to anticipate and lead it. But – as with “teabagger” Larry’s, your positing on any subject suggests that more suspicion is required. Your joint credibility is well into negative territory.
    Surprise resignations at the most senior level, desperation at the heart of government, sackings, the most powerful people in the world making grovelling apologies even after years of their minions denying anything was amiss (such as your efforts even in this thread). When people start showing up dead aswell, my first thought is, “Nothing going on here that we don’t know about already. Yup, we’ve got the full story now, and I’ll trust the Official Line.”
    Thank the Lord that Angry is there, assuring us (as always!) there’s nothing to see, and to move right along. That’s me convinced anyway.

85. “I appreciate you’ve got to pump the establishment line, Angry, even slavishly attempting to anticipate and lead it.”
    One of the things I love about the comments is Glenn’s witless malaproprisms such as “Slavishly attempting to lead…” that he liberally sprinkles into his tantrums. LOL!

86. I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet but David Kelly and Sean Hoare were both found dead on the same date – 18th July.

87. YugoStiglitz

19 Jul, 2011 - 6:04 am

Angrysoba, and so did Mary Jo Kopechne! My God! This involves the Kennedys!

88. Well, Yugo, at root, in his account, Craig’s refusal to acquiesce in torture and murder in Uzbekistan is the original reason Craig Murray’s blog exists, is it not? So, I’m simply asking you what your opinion of Islam Karimov is. Simple question. I would wager that 99.9% of the contributors to this blog over the past several years – whether of Right, Left, Centre, green/cosmic or no particular political stance – would have no difficulty whatsoever in answering the question.

Lola Karimov, the daughter of the dictator (I’m so glad we’re all able to say that now, ‘the daughter of the dictator’, since the court ruling in Paris) was in the news again just yesterday. So I was reminded of the centrality of the Karimovs, and everything they represent, in relation to Craig Murray’s blog. Ah! Here, emerging as though from a Sting song), as though she is again, the daughter of the dictator:

So, Yugostiglitz, respectfully and politely, here once again is my very simple question: What is your opinion of the President of Uzbekistan, Islam Karimov and his family? Thank you for your time.

89. YugoStiglitz

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:04 am

That really doesn’t answer my question, or specifically what’s behind my question. Why would you think it would be possible that I would ever say a kind word about Karimov?

90. YugoStiglitz

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:16 am

[Jon/mod: more 9/11 o/t]

91. YugoStiglitz

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:22 am

[Jon/mod: abusive, deleted]

92. I woke up late today (8am) made some tea and switched on Sky News to hear the latest. There was Alastair Campbell holding forth on what Cameron should do. I wondered if the sexer up of the dodgy dossier had realised, as I did yesterday, that the discovery of the both of the bodies of David Kelly and Sean Hoare occurred on the same day. Is he still haunted about David Kelly’s death?
    RIP Dr David Kelly
    RIP Sean Hoare

93. I concede that fate and coincidence could account for an otherwise unaccountable death. That’s why a proper inquest should take place, and be completed – to rule out foul play. It may be appropriate to use a panel of coroners in some high-profile cases to be absolutely sure the verdict is safe. But when no inquest takes place, as in the death of David Kelly, questions are always going to be hanging in the air. An apology from the Bill Clinton or Hilary Clinton fifty, sixty, or seventy years after the event for experimenting on blacks in Alabama and prisoners and others in Guatemala by injecting them with syphilis and other nasty diseases, without their permission, is of no comfort. If it had been known at the time (and that was the same time Mengele was conducting experiments on Jewish prisoners) there would have been absolute outrage. This lack of knowledge at the time of the event is the same as Dominic Grieve not allowing an inquest into David Kelly’s death. And now Sean Hoare! Some deaths seem particularly convenient for those who have been manipulating the news for the last four decades.

94. Paul Johnston

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:33 am

@Yugo and Suhayl!
    Same day as William Westmoreland who lead US forces in Vietnam, spooky!
    Watergate as well :-)

95. stantoncarlisle

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:33 am

Did anyone notice this? You really couldn’t make this stuff up. It’s like a Carry On movie.

Carry On Hacking! Starring Kenneth Williams as Rupert Murdoch, Barbara Windsor as Rebekah Brooks, Charles Hawtrey as Andy Coulson, and Sid James as David Cameron.

96. Suhayl you should give us a warning when you post that piece about Karimov’s daughter that it contains a photo that might cause shock!
    I have just read back and see that Angry also spotted the coincidence of the dates.

97. fact is, Sean Hoare, according to his doctor was dying of liver disease, and he spoke out. Chances of him spreading lies and innuendo at a point in live when he knew that his health is failing, totally, is very small.

Question, will there be an inquest on a his death, if not, can anyone outside pay and ask for it?
    Thanks for the botnet warning, shall try and keep away from too exciting links today, my computer runs on steam and can’t cope with any bamboozlin’

My best wishes to those who thought that the coverage in Murdochs paper did not reflect the reality over the last week, a little of their own message and methods might just get them to repent, for a day.
    My condolences to his family, the stress of it all could have killed him, but lets find out, don’t let some Patel carve him up ffs.
    What led the police to establish their judgment of ‘no suspicious circumstances’.

In the light of the damning statements he made, which stand up in their own right as such , but can’t be collaborated by him anymore, this death would be seen as suspicious as the unexplainable death of tron, RIP, explained.

Rupert using methods like that? never….

98. Paul Johnston

19 Jul, 2011 - 8:53 am

@Dreolin

The link you pasted (http://newsint.co.uk/statement_regarding_the_sun.html) gave:

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 404
    newsint.co.uk
    Tue Jul 19 08:39:39 2011
    Apache

That is the most pathetic 404 I have ever seen, still it’s running on open software :-)
    Anyway do you have a cached copy?

99. Conspiracy or not, for a guy who was first to come out with all this he must have been under some amount of pressure the past couple of weeks…. He seemed OK on panorama, wonder when that interview was filmed?