Who Funded Breivik?

by craig on July 29, 2011 1:54 pm in Uncategorized

There is an extremely important article here on Breivik’s funding, by Justin Raimondo.

It also makes plain that not only did Pamela Geller post a string of virulent anti Norwegian-Muslim articles on her website, not only did she travel to Norway to address a hate rally, not only did Brehvik post to her website and quote it as an influence. She actively supported and encouraged those planning to use terrorism.

This is an excerpt from an email she says she received and posted on her blog:

“I am running an email I received from an Atlas reader in Norway. It is devastating in its matter-of-factness.

“Well, yes, the situation is worsening. Stepping up from 29 000 immigrants every year, in 2007 we will be getting a total of 35 000 immigrants from somalia, iran, iraq and afghanistan. The nations capital is already 50% muslim, and they ALL go there after entering Norway. Adding the 1.2 births per woman per year from muslim women, there will be 300 000+ muslims out of the then 480 000 inhabitants of that city.

“Orders from Libya and Iran say that Oslo will be known as Medina at the latest in 2010, although I consider this a PR-stunt nevertheless it is their plan.

“From Israel the hordes clawing at the walls of Jerusalem proclaim cheerfully that next year there will be no more Israel, and I know Israel shrugs this off as do I, and will mount a strike during the summer against all of its enemies in the middle east. This will make the muslims worldwide go into a frenzy, attacking everyone around them.

As Raimondo says, Geller goes on to say that she is protecting the proto-terrorist’s identity so he won’t be arrested. We do not know how this wannabe terrorist in Norway relates to Breivik or his other “cells”. Geller may know but the police are not asking her.

1 2 3 4

1. If he were being funded, would he still need to move back in with his mother, as he did, in order to conserve money?
    Bring in the accountants.

2. Thanks Craig for bringing this information to light. Geller seems to be a nasty piece of work.

3. Anti-Muslim law enforcement trainer cited by Norway killer rakes in U.S. taxpayer cash

4. The quote from someone in Norway (via Geller) sounds disturbingly similar to the bilge and diatribes we’ve had ad nauseam over the past year or more on this blog from the likes of Alfred (‘Can Speccy’), eg. wrt ‘Leicester’. A pathological obsession with fertility rates, the contant rattling-off of completely inaccurate statistics, the use of utterly inappropriate, inciteful language.
    Just to remind people, Oslo is NOT “50% Muslim”, what utter tripe that is. Oslo has a Muslim population amounting to 7.5% of the total Oslo population. That’s seven-and-a half-percent. And Oslo has the highest percentage of any city/town/area in the country.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Norway
    Yes indeed, it would be most interesting to know where this mass murdering racist got his funding. Courtenay, you’re a lawyer in the Caribbean, right? Was he funded via shell companies? If so, who provided the shelll companies wiht funding? Could it some or other intelligence service…? They use such offshore-registered shell companies a lot, as does organised crime, the two sometimes being virtually synonymous. What d’you think? Are you familiar with these names?

5. From the atlasshrugs link above:

“magnus andersson said…
    “A wonderful letter I agree!
    “Some facts (just naturally) exaggerated though. Not half the population in Oslo is muslims. About 22 percent of the population is immmigrants. Foreign born people mostly immigrated since early 90th (children not counted) and to 90 percent from the countries mentioned in the letter. So some less than 20 percent of Oslo citizen should be muslims. And that’s many! In Malmoe Sweden every 25 percent are muslims, and there’s real tension! (No more pork, probably only halal, in many public schools is only one consequence.)”

6. An interesting post that seems to contradict Norway’s Chief of Intelligence that Breivik acted alone (BBC Report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14303363)
    Since this is an emotionally charged subject, it would be good if the moderators would restrict hate speech, as exemplified by Suhayl Saadi’s last comment.
    Also, commenters should, I suggest, try to be accurate in what they say and should give references where relevant. Since SS brings up what I have said about Leicester being a majority ethnic city, I shall be glad if I may be allowed to provide a reference that appears to verify my contention:
    Year 2011, Total population of Leicester 279933, Ethnic population 143,963 (51.43%).
    This fact has no relevance so far as I am aware in the context of discussion of the Breivik atrocity, but is presented simply to correct a misrepresentation on this thread by SS.

7. An interesting post that seems to contradict Norway’s Chief of Intelligence that Breivik acted alone (BBC).

8. Thanks, Levantine, for providing a quote from that same blog which illustrates yet more of the dangerous idiocy of these epople. Okay, as for that, there are 300,000 people in Malmo. See here for stats.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Malmo
    As you can see, the percentage in the quote above is also a hugely inaccurate exaggeration. When one googles, ‘Malmo, Muslims’, mostly one gets mostly utterly hysterical rants.

Excuse me, but a Far Right racist has just murdered almost 100 people, many of whom were children. Should any criticism not be being directed right now primarily and squarely at the Far Right? Instead, some people seem to be supporting his garbage inaccuracies and actually almost gleeful that this massacre has happened. I think that attitude says it all.

9. “Genocide in Leicester” was a phrase used by Alfred (can Speccy) on this blog in the recent past. Hate speech…?

10. Good link Joan – Walid Shoebat or is it Shu’aybat has made a fortune on books and DVD’s to boot here:
    I seem to recall from my information a deal go down with Alan Lake during Rabbi Nachum Shifren‘s address to the EDL in London last year.
    Alan Lake, a purported millionaire is keen to keep his dealings offshore, for now that is.

11. Stephen Morgan

29 Jul, 2011 - 5:31 pm

Apparently he was renting a farm formerly used for drug manufacture, if he inherited it and used it for the same purpose it could have provided some funds.

There have always been “acceptable” terrorists, who get ignored or supported. Certainly if this was a Muslim attack then a gang of supporters and funders and other supporters would be rounded up straight away, maybe released later. We’ve seen it happen all too often. There was a suicide bomber in Oklahoma after 9/11, more people don’t know about it because he wasn’t a Muslim, but a right winger.

12. Furthermore, ought Geller not be prosecuted for complicity? She had been informed that someone in Norway was ‘stockpiling weapons and equipment’ and that ‘something was going to happen fast’ and she chose to maintain the anonymity of the poster. Even in the most sensitive areas, eg. medical practice, there is a civic duty to break confidentiality where there is imminent public danger. If someone came into me and told me (or e-mailed me, or wrote to me, etc.) that they were ‘stockpiling weapons and equipment’ and that ‘something was going to happen fast’, even if the situation were one of medical confidentiality, I most certainly would telephone the police at once. And I would be able to stand up in court and justify doing so.
    Now, Geller was in no such clinical relationship, yet it would appear possible, allegedly, that she chose not to take action in relation to the message, nor even to ignore the message, but rather, apparently, allegedly, to express her support of it and apparently, allegedly, to collude in covering-up its source. Is that not a potentially criminal act? Should Interpol not be considering issuing a warrant for her arrest? Should she not be arrested by the FBI as allegedly abetting international terrorism?

13. ““Genocide in Leicester” was a phrase used by Alfred (can Speccy) on this blog in the recent past. Hate speech…?”
    To call the process whereby the indigenous English of a major city are made a minority in a their own home genocide, as genocide was defined by Raphael Lemkin, the man who coined the term, is not hate speech, merely a statement of fact.
    To call those who oppose genocide and those who speak about it as “racists” is a brilliant inversion of reality.
    As with my previous comment, this statement has no direct relevance to the discussion of the Breivik atrocity, but is made to correct a gratuitous and irrelevant misrepresentation about me on this thread by SS.

14. YugoStiglitz

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:02 pm

Your analogy to medical practice is a fail. There’s a reason we compel doctors, and generally only doctors, to provide disclosure under certain circumstances. And even that is heavily contextual.

15. Richard Gadsden

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:03 pm

Has she edited the letter?

The line “We are stockpiling and caching weapons, ammunition and equipment. This is going to happen fast.” does not appear on that page.

16. YugoStiglitz

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:04 pm

“There can be no doubt at all that, were Geller a Muslim, this amount of evidence and connection would have her in jail by now. Do not hold your breath.”

Name me one Muslim who is in jail for merely receiving an e-mail message.

17. Couldn’t agree more Suhayl, she ought to be prosecuted for complicity. Who is she? I wouldn’t want to pick her up on the bottom of my shoe.

18. Roderick Russell

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:17 pm

I’m a strong believer in freedom of speech – even where one doesn’t like the message. But freedom of speech does not give one the right to promote criminal acts. Brievic seems to have been planning (fantasizing) these horrible murders for some time, and I do think that the Norwegian authorities need to look careful at all Breivik’s connections to see if any were encouraging illegal and criminal acts. Like Suhayl Saadi I would hope that if there is anyone who encouraged Brievic, or withheld knowledge of the impending tragedy, that they would be prosecuted. Of course we should prosecute those who promote violence, or fail to report on planned crimes.

19. Breivik’s manifesto apart from ‘cut& paste’ internet garbage appears to be the ideal hand-book for a terrorist. It contains detailed and viable step by step instructions to make the explosive, picric acid from crushed aspirin albeit in extremely small text that needs zooming to 300%. Not the sort of information a mischievous or vexatious teenager should read. I have not seen such detail in any jihad or terrorist manuals online.

20. Richard Gadsden: “Has she edited the letter?”
    Yes, she did! I saved her webpage on my HD… minutes before she has taken the “weapons” sentence out!

21. YugoStiglitz

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:25 pm

So you folks seem to want to throw people (that is, your political enemies) in jail when they receive any e-mail by someone claiming to be stockpiling weapons.

Wow.

22. Richard Gadsden

29 Jul, 2011 - 6:27 pm

The answer to my question is “yes”, she has edited the letter. Now.

http://web.archive.org/web/20071230055957/http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2007/06/email-from-norw.html has the original as it stood in 2007.

The new version, with that line removed, is on her website now.

23. @ Craig and Suhayl,
    I don’t want to go down a “conspiracy theory” route but there are some troubling and questionable aspects to this terror attack in Norway. Just some:-
    1. Surely incitement to commit a crime ( especially one of this magnitude) is an offence. At the very least those who supported or encouraged Breivik in killing, should all be persons of interest to the police.
    2. I watched his video and I note this. It is technically well produced, so I ask myself did he simply focus a camera on himself, produce the video himself and make all those technically smooth insertions into the video? I don’t think so, for either he is an expert in producing videos or he got technical help.
    3. I am not an expert in explosives, but applied common sense suggests a few things. The magnitude of the Oslo explosion suggests a huge amount of explosives. The type of explosive and/or the quantity used would suggest that one man simply did not set out, purchase, plant and explode to do this much damage. I see a deadly attack but don’t believe that it was simply the doing of one man.
    4. There is coordination with the second terror attack against the youngsters; his quick movement from Oslo to the second location also suggests technical planning and assistance.
    Adding this much of it together – there are questions to be asked which do need answers.
    Suhayl,
    The truth about offshore company formations is that these structures are permitted to exist because the powers that be want this facility in place. In a certain sense, “ offshore” is a misnomer. Each bank of substance offshore has an onshore parent or principal within the banking community to facilitate transactions. There are points of clearance for wire transfers and the entire banking world is an interlink whole.

Some users of offshore facilities are motivated by tax-saving considerations and many people set out to hold on to as much of their money as they can. Another level is the transnational corporations. A service entity that actually functions in London, doing oil business in Saudi Arabia, being pay via a company that is offshore and a part of the money is declared for tax purposes in London. There will be political accounts, such as for the access by political parties or entities that need privacy for the source and application of the money. Another layer is the military and intelligence community. That is the reality of the world within which we live.
    To answer your specific question – was he funded via an offshore shell company. I cannot specifically say. Of course, it is perfectly within the realms of probability that the organization or interests that supported him would want a buffer between itself/themselves and the target terrorist. Offshore is, in that sense, one way to go.
    Let us hope that some hate-mongers do not go out and try some copy-cat attacks in Europe or anywhere else in the world. The total picture on this man, I do not have, but seen through my eyes so far, leads me strongly to believe that this was not a one man operation.

24. I knew the Tea Party were nuts, but conspiring to hide the identity of terrorists? If it wasn’t for the crazy assumption that white people involved in terrorism must all be “lone nuts” they would be in so much trouble

25. Richard G, yes that was my first thought. Thanks for the archive.org link – very instructive. It is one thing to have ignored it, but quite another to hide that she did so.
    I agree she looks complicit, but in a non-professional capacity, I don’t know how much responsibility one ought to have to report such concerns. Doctors yes, as explained by Suhayl – public servants generally, I should think. But Geller is not in a position of such responsibility (and good thing too!).
    But perhaps the wider problem is the use of gun imagery and rhetoric in American political discourse (and it is not solely a hard-right phenomenon). I suspect she has gotten inured to it to such a degree that the mental alarm bells had simply been disabled.

26. YugoStiglitz

29 Jul, 2011 - 7:13 pm

Duncan McFarlane: “I knew the Tea Party were nuts, but conspiring to hide the identity of terrorists?”

Yes, the Tea Party people are mostly quite nutty. Tea Party folks believe some nutty things. Do you know who started the Tea Party?

However, we’re just talking one person here. I don’t see what this one person has to do with the Tea Party.

27. “I don’t want to go down a “conspiracy theory” route”
    Why not?
    We’re supposed to consider the evidence that points to conspiracy, the money trail, for example, but then not consider conspiracy?
    When totalitarianism returns to Europe it will surely come as liberalism. Then everyone will have to wear blinkers, maybe in the form of a brain implant that prevents anyone thinking bad thoughts.

28. Scouse Billy

29 Jul, 2011 - 8:12 pm

29 Jul, 2011 - 8:31 pm

Well saved, Levantine.

As for Alfred/CanSpeccy: yes, he lied about ‘genocide in Leicester’ (Muslim population around 3 percent); he can quote whoever he likes on the definition of genocide: we all know that it is, as the OED says, ‘extermination’ and that no-one in Leicester or anywhere in Europe is exterminating (def: ‘destroy utterly’) anyone. I would like to condemn him to a lifetime re-reading his blog posts, myself.

Hurrah for the majority, to whom these aberrants are mere aberrations. Down with the killers, and their supporters, and any idiots, of whichever persuasion (Jon is sadly right) who think violence is cool, and killing sounds clever. Of course they have been driven insane by the wars around them, and for that the responsibility must lie with our ‘leaders’. But, yugostigglits (larry was easier to spell) Gellar had a responsibility as a human being to at least try and argue against this murderer’s ideas, or to condemn them: seems she did neither, rather, encouraged them.

29 Jul, 2011 - 8:36 pm

Suhayl: “If someone came into me and told me (or e-mailed me, or wrote to me, etc.) that they were ‘stockpiling weapons and equipment’ and that ‘something was going to happen fast’, even if the situation were one of medical confidentiality, I most certainly would telephone the police at once.”

Yep, me too. Larry apparently not??

31. Techy:

You provide a wonderful example of how the politically correct try to screw there opponents by changing the meaning of words. If the OED does not cite Raphael Lemkin as the author of the word “genocide”, then that is so much the worse for foolish people who rely on such an untrustworthy source. And the rest of what you say is equally ill-informed if you are not simply lying.
    I gave the reference to the ethnic composition of the City of Leicester above. There’s no basis for a debate about it — of if there is you haven’t given it. The fact is, that most of the people of Leicester are not indigenously British. Likewise, most of the children now born in a number of London boroughs are born to foreign-born mothers.
    When you and Suhayl call me a liar and a racist and so on, all you are doing is fighting for your own selfish race interest, and doing it in the dirtiest way possible. At least when I speak for the perpetuation of the 9000-year-old British race, I try to do it in a civilized way, justifying my points with logic and documented facts. But that is not a standard that seems to be maintained here.

32. Just to join the almost consensus, I would report them too.

33. Friday, 20 April, 2001, 17:31 GMT 18:31 UK
    Are the British a race?
    If the challenge had been to expunge racism from the general election hustings, then it has not been a good start.
    Even before official campaigning has begun, the thorny subject of race is all over the front pages.
    /….http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1288231.stm

29 Jul, 2011 - 9:12 pm

29 Jul, 2011 - 9:30 pm

NB And if anyone is setting out along the road towards extermination, it is, of course, the far right. I would point towards France’s expulsion and harassment of gypsies; Italy, ditto; and now Dale Farm; the UK’s largest (Irish) traveller settlement which nevertheless resembles a very small, peaceful Irish village and which Basildon council are shortly proposing to spend £10 million plus of taxpayers’ money on violently bulldozing, despite the fact that the people there have offered to move peacefully and land has been offered to them by the HCA (at a total cost of around £1 million and a half).

36. Hey Techie,
    “And if anyone is setting out along the road towards extermination”
    Good smear that.
    Got any other crap to get off your chest.
    But your arguments are so grotesque and ill-informed, I have to wonder whether you are just a figment of someone’s imagination. You know, one of those fake id’s driven by someone with a multi-id software package.

37. “Is there such a race as the British? With 2,000 years of immigration behind us, we are a well and truly mixed bunch, writes Jonathan Duffy.”
    Oh, well, if the BBC says there’s no British race, then there’s no British race, obviously. And no racists and no far-right wing extremists opposed to the immigration of other races, since there are no other races, since we’re all one human race without a trace of difference among us.
    Mary, Are you trying to be funny?

29 Jul, 2011 - 9:57 pm

Gosh, so you’d class yourself as ‘far right’ would you, Alfred? What a surprise.

Not a smear, Irish traveller men in the UK already have an average life expectancy of 47 (beating, however, the Afghans, who are now at 43). Grandmothers and children, who form the majority of people at Dale Farm, are set to join the 4000 or so UK travellers who literally now have nowhere to go, thanks to legislation by Michael Howard and the councils which enforce it. What joy it gives to people to persecute a vulnerable minority further, I don’t know. Perhaps you could explain.

I have no high hopes, just as I don’t expect you’ll address my previous comment:

“blah blah “most of the people of Leicester are not indigenously British. Likewise, most of the children now born in a number of London boroughs are born to foreign-born mothers”.

Which would make them – oh yes – indigenously British. Kaboom. Hoist with your own petard. Again. It’s a bad road, Alfred, and it ends in a cell of your own misery. Give it up.”

So I am away to put the chickens to bed, much more productive. Your punctuation, syntax and vocabulary, by the way, are getting rather erratic. Are you sure you’re an academic?

39. Ha! more squid ink when needed from Techie the robot.
    Nah, there never were and indigenous Brits in Leicester, not even my grandfather, in fact there’s no British race and never has been, just like there never were any Amerindians in North America.
    But I’m outta here before, Richard in his sheet, Jon the Mod, and the rest of the gang of muggers show up.

40. “Ethnic population forecasts for Leicester using POPGROUP by James Danielis, September 2007 Cathie Marsh Centre for census and survey research. A dissertation submitted to the University of Manchester for the degree of MSc. in Social Research Methods and Statistics, in the Faculty of Humanities.
    *”
    why would anyone worry about ethnicity, or color or anything else when we all understand that people are people, some good some bad , i dont know of any one single ethnicity that is any better than another .
    why does population matter if 90% of the country is uninhabited, when 5% own 70% of it?
    the problem is inequality of wealth not the color of skin , faith or ethnicity.
    the wealthy are laughing at the likes of the edl, and breivik , whilst the have nots kill one another whilst the wealthy are cheerleaders from behind the frontline.

41. “If not, try reading Bryan Sykes Oxford Profess of human genetics (Blood of the Isles, etc.). There you’ll find that the British remain largely a Celtic race only marginally influenced by the Roman, Saxon and Norman invasions. The largest immigration to Britain before modern times being that of the Vikings who account now for about 20% of the genes in some areas, including the northeast of England and some coastal areas of Scotland and Ireland.”
    no such thing as race as ive pointed out before, the genetics and science re-affirm this fact.
    you are mistaking parentage with race, just as your family can be differentiated from your neighbours , in the same way genetic markers (mutations) can separate people of a different region, environment. however these markers do not mean the people are related just that they have lived in an environment that is comparable since that environment can exist across the planet.

42. Realism it is Scouse Billy ~ JFK – HE CHOSE PEACE. THEY MARKED HIM FOR DEATH.
    Obama knows the bastards are still breathing, waiting in the wings. They want their ‘head of the snake’ in the fall, in the same way as they wanted Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Will Obama have the guts like John F Kennedy to say ‘No’ to the ‘unspeakable? Will another massacre of children occur? Read Sen. Lieberman’s media contact, Jennifer Rubin today in WaPo and know the answer.

43. Wendy, spot on, on all counts. Yes, precisely. Excellent twin posts.
    Technicolour – SLAM! BAM! WHAM! Pop Art – go for it!
    Dr ab slinks away, again, sniffling. Now when will cd appear, one wonders, to instruct me on proper, Edwardian decorum: “My dear, on no account must you permit even the slightest sliver of skin to show ‘twixt cuff and wrist. Please be nice to the tree man – don’t chase him off!”

Ian Smith’s infamous ‘Rhodesia’ speech: “Let me say it again. I don’t believe in black majority rule ever in Rhodesia, not in a thousand years.”

Deep in the night of the Chinook arch, imagined echolalic incantation:

“We’ve been here – I mean, there, over there – for nine thousand years. Yes, for nine thousand years did we reside ‘pon that hallowed soil across the ocean whence I did come. Now, I dream of sleeping with the sleeping knights of the hollow instead of inhabiting this fathomless New World. And yet, and yet, there are consolations. Gazing though an electron microscope at mitochondria – see, there, Cyril, the British Mitochondrion! Be speedy! Be nimble! Catch it before it runs away and sleeps with a woman from an inner borough of London! Cup it in your feral palm and hold it close to your bosom. The British Mitochondrion. O, woe is me!
    And yet, and yet, there are consolations…
    I’m a lumberjack and and I’m okay,
    Playing Elgar, watching ethnic girls all day!”

44. “No, Suhayl, we don’t jail people for receiving e-mails and not reporting to the FBI every single potential indication of someone out in cyberspace doing something wrong. Perhaps the fantasy world that you want to live in has such a law, but this is not how the Western world operates.” Yugostiglitz
    Uhm… yes, you do, Larry. Often on the slightest pretext. Drive past a power station, looking rather brown, end up in a black site; have the same name as a baddy, end up in Guantanamo; get on a ‘plane, slip a hood over your head and play with electricity and dogs, systemic, deliberate, top-level-condoned abuse and torture at Abu Ghraib (had you forgotten?); Belmarsh, write a silly poem and go to jail. Hmn. Really, how can you make such a claim? Have you been asleep (?with Alfred and the sleeping knights of the hollow) for the past decade? Why so protective of the Far Right in the USA? I thought you were a rational, pragmatic imperialist a la Henry Kissinger and Richard Nixon, rather than a lunatic one a la Pat Robertson.
    Oh, if I’m a “fail”, are you a “pass”? Hmn. Now there’s a thought.

45. If they have a competition for moving the goalposts at the 2012 Olympics Technicolour would win it by a mile.

In the space of one paragraph the residents of Dale Farm are transformed from ‘Irish travellers’ one minute to ‘UK travellers’ the next. In his mutterings on the ethnic composition of Leicester the second generation South Asians of Belgrave Road, and the second generation Afro-Caribbeans of Highfields, are magically transmogrified into indigenous Britons.

Humpty-Dumpty is a rank amateur when compared to this charlatan.

46. YugoStiglitz

30 Jul, 2011 - 6:47 am

47. @Canspeccy.
    What does the term ‘indigenous’ mean How do YOU define it? I ask because surely many so-called indigenous Brits are not actually indigenous at all, even more so when you consider people of ‘mixed’ race origin.
    Is it not the case that what you really mean, is white people who engage in activities associated with the British stereotype? Perhaps you would extend that to some non-white skinned people who engage in those same stereotypical activities?
    Really, what demarcates an indigenous Brit and a non-indigenous Brit? It seems like you could well be entrenched inside something that is build upon ‘hazy’ ideas, and therefore not really worthy perhaps of such a solidified stance.
    And what if the white people of the UK decide not to move to Leicester… so what?
    I’m sorry but I can’t help but get the feeling you are like that woman in Little Britain who quite happily eats the cakes and only when she realises it’s made by a non-white, suddenly things there is something wring with it and vomits it out.

48. YugoStiglitz

30 Jul, 2011 - 7:34 am

This “indigenous” “British” debate is hilarious. Thankfully we don’t entertain such debates in the U.S., save those rare Tea Party events (so I’m told).

You people are immensely fucked up.

49. My ancestry is Scottish/Italian/English/Irish/Dutch. That is why I am so extremely good-looking.

50. Have you heard of ‘the lyrical terrorist’, Yugostiglitz? Do you deny the existence of CIA black sites in, eg. Poland? Do you deny that torture and abuse occurred at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo and that many innocent people were swept up and tossed arbitrarily into jail?

The “indigenous” claims are indeed hilarious. But, as you well know, such supremacist ideation is not restricted to Europe. It just manifests differently in North America, since most people there cannot claim to have had their mitochondria on the soil of the ‘homeland’ for nine thousand years. The racist Far Right in the USA has a very long history in systemic Confederate ‘Jim Crow’, in de facto economic segregation (look at Washington DC; if you stroll through the city, you wouldn’t know it was black-majority, because all the African-Americans live in the slums of Anacostia, etc. – not exactly a showcase for the American Dream, is it?), the Evangelical Right and in right-wing militias. Ever read James Baldwin or Alice Walker? And so, the arguments that have occurred in the USA have had a different frame, but were in essence derived from the same old, same old white supremacist source.
    Anyway, since when were you a supporter and/or apologist for the racist Far Right in the USA? They’re not your friends, you know.
    I thought you were a ‘Blue Dog’?
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Dog_Coalition
    Woof-woof. Down, boy, down! Heel!

51. As Bunyan might’ve said, had he been blogging on this site, Craig, may the beauty of thy visage be reflected in the oceans of the Empyrean! Indeed, thou art ‘everyman’.

52. ‘This “indigenous” “British” debate is hilarious. Thankfully we don’t entertain such debates in the U.S.’

We know that Yugo. Given the success of your government’s policy in the nineteenth century, enunciated by the likes of ‘Old Hickory’ Andrew Jackson, that is hardly surprising.

When it comes to ‘ethnic cleansing’ ‘Old Hickory’ could certainly teach Radovan Karadic a thing or two.

53. ‘Really, what demarcates an indigenous Brit and a non-indigenous Brit?’

FWIW I am ‘indigenous Brit’ and my wife is ‘a non indigenous Brit’. If you were to meet us in person I doubt if you would have a problem in deciding how to demarcate the difference.

54. Stephen Morgan

30 Jul, 2011 - 9:14 am

Some think of England ’twas our Saviour meant,
    The Gospel should to all the world be sent:
    Since, when the blessed sound did hither reach,
    They to all nations might be said to preach.

‘Tis well that virtue gives nobility,
    How shall we else the want of birth and blood supply?
    Since scarce one family is left alive,
    Which does not from some foreigner derive.

55. However did he find the time to write Stephen? And what tumultuous times he lived in.

56. “I was not suggesting that this obnoxious woman, Geller, be “thrown into jail”. I was suggesting that she be investigated by the law enforcement authorities in the USA and that if enough evidence is amassed to make a prosecution viable, then prosecution most definitely should be considered. If high-profile public figures are seen NOT to be held to account, arguably it gives the green light for further atrocities.”

Wow, Suhayl. You played doctor for a while, and now you’re playing lawyer.

57. Right, Suhayl and OldMark, a perfect response to calling into question this thread is to bring up the 19th century.

The best you can do is to bring up the 19th century. Like me walking up to a German and blaming him for the Holocaust.

58. No, I’m bringing up now, Yugostiglitz. The African-American population of Washington DC is NOW largely living in peripheral slums. In the C21st. In the South, Jim Crow was overtly alive and until the early 1970s. James Baldwin was late C20th and Alice Walker is now.
    But why so sensitive? Don’t you align yourself with progressive forces in your own country?
    Are you, or are you not, a Blue Dog?

59. OldMark, technicolour can speak for themselves, but I would like to say that technicolour most certainly is not a “charlatan”. You may not know, possibly having only recently started commenting here, but technicolour has been commenting on this blog for years and is one of the most astute, lucid, rational and communicative commentators on the blog. One can agree or disagree with specific points. But they are not a charlatan – I would like to make that very clear.
    I think technicolour’s point may have been that people in general gradually become ‘indigenised’ in relation to where they live. This would apply regardless of the way they look.
    This necessitates a different understanding of the word and of the relationship b/w people and place, a move definitively away from ‘blood and soil’ (please understand that I’m not suggesting that you subscribe to that sort of concept, btw) and towards an acceptance of, and open-ness to, of our common humanity, of the problems and joys we experience in a specific setting.
    And so, it is entirely possible that a Traveller, say, (and not just Travellers) might well see themselves as both Irish and British in a single sentence. Indeed, many people of Irish origin living in the UK see themselves in that way. As do people from many other groups. I am simultaneously Scottish, English and British (and, in different ways, Pakistani and Afghan and maybe also Indian). And actually many other things as well, not to do with specific nation-states, etc. This is common. I see no conflict in this dynamic.

60. I’m sure Amy Winehouse (not a fan – know little about her) would be thrilled to see her video on Pamela Geller’s blog site, currently top of the front page:

61. OK, I’ll type this very slowly: the travellers have an I-r-i-s-h heritage but they live and work and travel and own homes in the U-K where their children were born. Hence the conflation between the descriptions ‘Irish’ and ‘UK’ travellers. Nice to see you’ve really concentrated on the serious issues OldMark – persecution and life expectancy, for example. Says a lot about you.

62. de Quincy's Ghost

30 Jul, 2011 - 11:50 am

“Children who are born in the UK are therefore indigenous to it.”
    Yes. Thank you for that, technicolour, it’s a good and useful point to be reminded of.
    “Of course, he’s not really local, his great-grandmother was born 10 miles up the road”. I say this merely because I feel that “contrarianism” is an idea that deserves more respect than repetitive trolling earns for it.

63. OldMark. As you’ve used the term also, let me ask the same kind of Q to you. and the Q isn’t ‘what doesn’t make an indigenous Brit?’ but rather, what does make an indigenous Brit what categories do you have to draw the line?

64. “Wow, Suhayl. You played doctor for a while, and now you’re playing lawyer.” Yugostiglitz.
    No. I’m playing citizen.
    What are you playing, Larry?

65. “Still wanting to hear of an example of a Muslim who was jailed for receiving an e-mail message.”
    Suhayl – thanks.

66. This piece by Richard Cottrell from his Progressive Press blog should interest commentators.

67. You are playing into the racists’ hand with that Wendy.

68. I’ve posted copies of Geller’s Atlas Shrugs pages at the link below, for easy reference:

69. ‘Really, what demarcates an indigenous Brit and a non-indigenous Brit?’
    as far as im aware there is no british gene or chromosome, no english gene or chromosome that confers all the attributes of belief , values etc. there is nothing that confers britishness /englishness other than what is learnt through the education system, that which is contained in the environment: politics, advertising, laws .. through parents .. etc that is its something that anyone can learn to be.
    so all that demarcates the two is whether youve learned the rules to be ‘british’ which in itself has a wide spectrum of inclusive “values” such as a love for chicken jalfrezi , haggis or spotted dick

70. Being adopted, I have no idea what my “ethnicity” is. But I’m White and I’m lucky enough to have a house to live in, so I get an easy time.

71. “You are playing into the racists’ hand with that Wendy.”
    i understand but its not a racist or religious issue its an issue of criminality, the fact remains that for a similar act far right activists are rarely convicted . that is there are double standards and that justice is not equal nor based on criminality alone just as reporting is not equal or free of religious/color bigotry
    the difference between those seeking justice and the racist/anti islam/muslim is that the latter is looking to blame and scapegoat on the basis of faith or ‘race’ and seek ‘justice’ on that basis whilst the former seek justice on the basis of the crime and the law as it stands.

72. Wikispooks, thanks for the linked artucle, where Richard Cottrell (journalist) says:
    “The horrors in Norway are straight out of the Gladio manual of false flag terror designed to push public opinion in a selected direction, in this case away from the anti-Israeli, pro-Palestinian, NATO-wavering policies practiced by the Norwegian government.”
    A week after the massacre, does such a change of Norway’s foreign policies look more likely? Not to me.

73. Levantine, yes, Norway has responded with more democracy and respect, not less:

74. She did edit the letter. Compare the letter on the blog now:

With the copy stored in the Wayback machine (http://www.archive.org):

The quote was there, so it must have been edited in the last couple of hours.

75. Clark: Levantine, yes, Norway has responded with more democracy and respect, not less

Indeed it has; in the form of what appears to be a solid political elite consensus – so far. I just wonder who may have been keeping their heads waiting for such an opportunity to demand the required AS/UK/NATO/EU policy adjustments be implemented. That or its as crude as the article suggests (which I have to say would not surprise me).

It’s early days though. This be THE major influence in Norwegian foreign policy and gobalisation issues henceforth. It will be interesting to see how long the current government can hold that line. My rueful and reluctant guess is that it will be measured in months.

76. On googling Borghezios name and links with Gladio, this interesting little website popped up, fasciniating and long winded, it is the definate answer to the question,
    ‘who has most bomb making/ conspiracy experience in Europe’

What comes up is a clear link between Gladio, the P2 masonics of Berslusconi and Fini, as well as the machinations of the northern liga, Umberto Bossi’s lot, as well as the MEP, who now retracted his support for Anders Breivig, Mario Borghezio.

Was Borghezio bragging? did he speak out of order?

77. Damn! – can’t get used to formatting and checking stuff on here before posting. Last post should read as follows. Sorry:

Indeed it has; in the form of what appears to be a solid political elite consensus – so far. I just wonder who may have been keeping their heads down waiting for such an opportunity to demand the required AS/UK/NATO/EU policy adjustments be implemented. That or its as crude as the article suggests (which I have to say would not surprise me).

78. The funding trail would be intriguing. Perhaps, then, with many of these events, the question likely to yield the most solid answers is not ‘Who benefits?’, but rather, ‘Who paid?’

79. …. which, of course, is exactly what our Argonautical host was asking.

80. “Are you, or are you not, a Blue Dog?”
    “Woof-woof. Down, boy, down! Heel!”
    Suhayl, sometimes you act just like the little brat who taunts the school bully from behind the steel wire mesh, safe in the knowledge he can run back to his bigger mates for protection. You use name-calling, mockery and insinuations.
    By playing the cheeky child, you make it impossible to transact at the level of adult to adult. This provokes frustration, and that’s your chief weapon, but it doesn’t create a good impression of you or the blog. It’s lucky this time there were adults like Technicolour and Mary around to step in to tackle the propaganda rationally; otherwise the cited ‘facts’ would go unchecked.
    I sense that there is an archetype of this schoolyard scenario buried deep in your psyche (quite possibly imprinted by early life experiences with racist bullies). I’m sorry if that’s what happened, but it’s time to respond as an adult now.
    I see you’ve just lampooned my earlier appeal for rational debate as “Edwardian decorum”, with a silly, mocking caricature. Previously, you tried to slur me as a racist-by-association simply because I was defending the right to free expression. I can imagine a host more childish rebukes from you in the same vein. Your first instinct will be to attack my identity. Irrelevant. I do occasionally post here under a different tag, and would contribute more if your childish provocations weren’t so off-putting. To my mind, they are a scourge on open debate, and inconsistent with a liberal philosophy.
    If your objective is to keep strangers out of your own gang’s patch, you may succeed. However, I worry about the impression this conveys to Craig’s casual readers. No more does this website seem like a liberal resource for rational exchange of opposing views: it simply becomes a territorial playground for a clique of permitted regulars.
    I notice that when you get into these moods, Suhayl, you feel you have to comment on just about everything (including your own impression of how your cyberpals are doing, and speculations about the motives outside your circle), and your associations become increasingly eccentric (you probably regard them as ‘poetic’). The tide ebbs and flows, just like Opmoc’s meanderings, but on a shorter cycle.

81. Foobar, Craig made his post on July 29, 2011 at 1:54 pm. Richard Gadsden submitted his comment “Has she edited the letter?” at 6:03 pm the same day. The Google cache version is from the end of June.

82. SenorSwiffer

30 Jul, 2011 - 7:01 pm

Just this May Gellar also posted a quote (apparently approvingly) from a reader of her blog who called for the politicians and “elite” of Norway to meet the same fate as Quisling.

She has now altered that quote as well, without any disclosure of the edit. Shameful dishonesty, especially from someone who just a few days ago was indignantly and angrily lashing out against anyone who dared suggest that her blog might have condoned hate or violence.

A cached version of the page from 7/26 is here: http://bit.ly/q9kIOA

The version as it exists today is: http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/05/norway-all-rapes-in-past-5-years-committed-by-muslimsnon-western-immigrants.html (the original full comment from “Madelina” can still be seen in the comments list timestamped Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 04:38 PM)

By the way, take a look at the other comments on these posts. Many, many hateful sentiments, against both Muslims and the leaders/politicians of Europe, and explicit calls for violence. Much of it using very similar language to Breivik’s trash. And they’re really trying to deny that there’s ANY connection between the ideas spread on their blogs and Breivik’s beliefs/actions?

83. As everyone will have noticed, and as someone hereabouts predicted, there is a flood of ‘information’ and revelation about supposed ‘links’ across the web; I’m sure some of it is disinfomration, some, simply speculation (the latter of which which I suppose is what we’re engaged in here). There are stories supposedly emanating from the FSB in Russia – it seems rather convenient, though, for the FSB supposedly to release this info. into the public sphere. And of course, the FSB themselves are no strangers to false-flag terrorism. The fact that an organisation releases disinformation need not imply that they had anything to do with a specific incident, merely that thyey may be attempting to take advantage of it in the power-games these “dark actors” play. . All very murky.

84. Proud Norwegian

30 Jul, 2011 - 9:17 pm

So much lie I am Norwegian and Oslo is not 50%Muslim.believe me this thing which happend last week has made us stronger and closer to each other. Yesterday the PM had speech at Mosque for muslims Friday prayer. Extremist are in every country and religion!

85. Thank you for that Proud Norwegian. I am sure we all send our condolences to those of your contrymen and women who have been bereaved in this horrible way.
    Thanks too Wendy for clarifying that. I am sure I thanked you earlier but cannot see the comment. It is shocking that a sentence of 12 years has been given and just as shocking as the jail sentences for the young mainly Muslims who protested in London during Cast Lead and when they were kettled.
    CD I did not like your ad hominem about Suhayl.
    [Mod: Mary, your reply to Wendy is on another thread.]

86. Brilliant, I’m now a ‘rational adult’ for the purposes of attacking Suhayl when before I was – can’t be bothered to check up on the name calling. And this from someone who admits to using false identities (no admission necessary, really – people’s identity is all too curiously visible in their prose). Incidentally, if Suhayl’s sane and wittily eclectic contributions are ‘inconsistent with a liberal philosophy’ then you should surely approve of them, Alfred; given your much expressed views on ‘liberals’. Suhayl, thumbs up all round then. Sing to the man (and his sock puppets)!

87. ps Suhayl; seems you may have touched a nerve with the accurate reminder that a) anyone sane would have reported Gellar and b) one should look to who paid for this murderer.

88. I reported this information to the NYC and NY State Police. FYI to all. It should be investigated especially if it can give any lead to finding some who may be in league with Breivik (or indeed if the message was from Breivik himself).

89. Der Spiegel article on growing links between the European far right and the Israeli Likud and Yisrael Beiteinu parties:

Individuals in the Israeli Government seem to be calculating that the anti-Islamic far right are the future of Europe.

90. Thanks, Technicolour, much appreciated. It seems that ‘cd’ has never heard of ‘Blue Dog Democrats’. Well, well. I agree with your (rational, adult) analysis. It’s fascinating and also amusing that I summon-up ‘CD’ in jest and rather like the genie of the Ring (or a puppet in a Javanese show), ‘CD’ appears in rigid, po-faced defence, it would seem, of both Alfred (Can Speccy) and Larry (Yugostiglitz), commentators whom one might have supposed would not nornally sit in the same corner of the (boxing) ring. Well, well, how intriguing.
    But really, you know, I would prefer to meet the Genie of the Lamp. As as sort of Urdu-Italian version (indigenous British) Cinderella (freshly-bruised from playground bullying) might say:

“Arey yaar, bhen-chaud, don’t send me these frog footmen! Send me the British Mitochondrion. Gimme Prince Charming! Gimme the capo di capo re!”
    I sense that you are correct: I have touched a raw nerve in those two statements, that:
    a) anyone sane would have reported Gellar/ the poster on her blog, and
    b) one should look to who paid for this murderer.
    On which note, good on you, too, Craig B, for reporting the info. to the NYC and NY State police.

91. I think also that the very fact that Geller appears to have removed the sentence from her blog after the event illustrates that she is running scared of being associated with this atrocity. I would argue that that in itself is an admission of guilt – guilt, that is, in the ethical, moral, rather than the strictly criminal law, sense. If she didn’t think it was of any importance, why remove it? As often is the case, wrt Geller, it’s not so much the act, it’s the cover-up that pins them. Gellar is hoist on her own petard. Now, let’s hoist them all! Time to plough the easily accessible and also the deep web. Time for ‘indecent exposure’! Go for it. We have dogs, too. Grrrrrr!

92. ‘Proud Norwegian’, I would like to echo the comments by others here in relation to our sympathies to those who have been touched by this dreadful atrocity.

Thank you also for providing us with confirmation that the claims about percentages of Muslims in Oslo frequently made by the Far Right – including, allegedly, the perpetrator of this atrocity – are utterly, 100%, completely bogus.
    So, big lies and mass murder, that’s what the Far Right stands – that is what the Far Right always stood for. But who might be standing behind them? Who is in the shadows?

93. SS: “Now, where was that bone? I hear the Blue Dog approaching. Or might that be, the bulldog? Ruff-Rrrrrrufff!!! Aoooooo!!”
    CD: “I can imagine a host more childish rebukes from you in the same vein. …
    “You use name-calling, mockery and insinuations. it’s time to respond as an adult now. …
    “If your objective is to keep strangers out of your own gang’s patch, you may succeed. …
    “No more does this website seem like a liberal resource for rational exchange of opposing views: it simply becomes a territorial playground for a clique of permitted regulars.”
    Sad.

94. ‘For anyone else hard of understanding:in·dig·e·nous ( n-d j -n s). adj. Originating and living or occurring naturally in an area or environment. Children who are born in the UK are therefore indigenous to it.’

Thanks for that clarification Techie. Useful to get that learnt.
    I now know that in future, according to your humpty dumpty definition, I should refer to the children of £10 Poms in Australia as ‘indigenous Australians’.

95. Thanks to proud morwegian for visiting us here in times of national grieve, there are many who feel with you. Please do inform your Norwegian friends of what we have found.
    Maybe your police force will soon explain what they have found on that mans computer, what his fellow freemasons, have to say and to what extend he has travelled abroad.

Also Craig B, thanks for reporting this to the police, the more US citizens point to their ‘homeland security act’ and the lack of attention give to rightwing terrorist outrages and follow your example, report her blatant encouragement and conspiracy to deceit, the better.

Thanks senor swiffer, very helpfull, I hope you realise that you have to start the ball rolling over the pond, she has a terrible influence on young minds and the tea party is seemingly out to wreck, here, there and everywhere.

96. “I should refer to the children of £10 Poms in Australia as ‘indigenous Australians’.” Old Mark
    Interesting. A attempt to relate the situation in the UK re. inherent, historical polyvalency with that in Australia. Alfred tried that one, too, before. Tried to make White British people appear as though on the verge of extinction, ‘just like Aboriginals’. Hence his silly “genocide” usage. OldMark, don’t fall into that one. It’s a no-hoper.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. ‘Best of’ on Breivik | Captain Jul's Mission Log
  2. Craig Murray » Blog Archive » Denying and Suppressing the Truth
  3. Obama’s Whistleblower War Suffers Two Defeats | PEOPLEUNLIKEUS
  4. BlackPrideNetwork » Blog Archive » Obama’s Whistleblower War Suffers Two Defeats

1 2 3 4